List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been there and done that though.

Might have just got the wrong ones. We need good ones. Higgins is a good player but totally unsuited to us. I have no idea what we are trying to build but the move pieces on for nothing and then chase high price s**t players or have holes. Hill is Shane Savage. Josh Bruce and Hickey would be handy. Lonie looks no worse than Butler. We spend a lot of capital on * all of value.

Might have just got the wrong ones. We need good ones. Higgins is a good player but totally unsuited to us. I have no idea what we are trying to build but the move pieces on for nothing and then chase high price s**t players or have holes. Hill is Shane Savage. Josh Bruce and Hickey would be handy. Lonie looks no worse than Butler. We spend a lot of capital on * all of value.
Ironically if we still had josh Bruce, tom hickey, Blake acres, jack newnes and kept the draft picks for hill which was Caleb sarong. We would probably be in a better spot. 😂

Ironically if we still had josh Bruce, tom hickey, Blake acres, jack newnes and kept the draft picks for hill which was Caleb sarong. We would probably be in a better spot. 😂

Taking the quick option takes a long time. Carlton and Essendon both took it but the draft has done more for both. Bell has done really well selling high buying low. Polar opposite to us.

Amon on $700,000 plus anyone. Exactly what we don’t need but will be up to our necks chasing him. We have way too many player who are lousy one on one which is why I like DMac and wood in the side.

Amon on $700,000 plus anyone. Exactly what we don’t need but will be up to our necks chasing him. We have way too many player who are lousy one on one which is why I like DMac and wood in the side.

A few weeks ago he looked like he could be what we want from Hill but now we look a lot further away all of a sudden. Look 2 to 5 years off. We have no real injury and still look a s**t outfit. I don’t think there is an easy fix. Probably just get back to drafting kids. I think we will have to move Ratts in soon so perhaps hold our hand until we get someone else in.

Taking the quick option takes a long time. Carlton and Essendon both took it but the draft has done more for both. Bell has done really well selling high buying low. Polar opposite to us.
Free agents and we must take our first pick to the draft, I’d try to move next years into this draft to take two early picks. If you could have any free agent this year I’d take Brayshaw without a doubt. Taranto will be the usual Melbourne cup field chasing him and if he moves the trade price will be inflated. I’d happily pay a first with a little extra but two firsts is just wack talk. Looking increasingly like we need to take a step back and accept we‘re another year away from any genuine top four run. Get greedy and we could be doing this for another 10 years, Melbourne and Carlton spring to mind.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago he looked like he could be what we want from Hill but now we look a lot further away all of a sudden. Look 2 to 5 years off. We have no real injury and still look a s**t outfit. I don’t think there is an easy fix. Probably just get back to drafting kids. I think we will have to move Ratts in soon so perhaps hold our hand until we get someone else in.

Honestly mate I think the head coach makes a much bigger difference than many here seem to think. We keep going round and round in circles with players... let's get a decent coach in and see how we go.

You see it in a lot of sports, being realistic about where you are is absolutely pivotal to future success. We’ve made some progress this year Imo but getting ahead of ourselves and a few bad losses should sober a few up. Just for arguments sake if we landed Taranto or de goey and Bradshaw where does that put us and at what cost. If we’re still not top 4 or you cant pull it off then clearly the draft needs to be our focus for another year Imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't right off Sharman , he wasn't really given much opportunity - still just a kid in his 2nd season , needs to be in a team that can actually kick and atm they can't.
I was talking about Jones

I think Sharman is excellent…Wayne Carey would kick goals in our forward line at the moment.

It is time to draft up contracts for Clarko.

Our two best eras
Ross Lyon - proper jerk high standards uncompromising, loved players with high standards, didn’t care for the others.
Thomas - proper jerk high standards uncompromising loved players with high standards, didn’t care for the others.

If the saints don’t make finals Brett Ratten is gone and Clarkson must be our next coach. Our list can be great with a few additions, a game plan and an ability to coach against a team with some strategy.

We will know after we lose to the Eagles and mathematically can’t make finals.

61 percent doesn’t sound good.
Ain’t great, but I’m always a little leery of DE.

Remember when basically our entire RL back six went at 90-plus DE cos all they did was backwards kicks and short handballs?

It is time to draft up contracts for Clarko.

Our two best eras
Ross Lyon - proper jerk high standards uncompromising, loved players with high standards, didn’t care for the others.
Thomas - proper jerk high standards uncompromising loved players with high standards, didn’t care for the others.

If the saints don’t make finals Brett Ratten is gone and Clarkson must be our next coach. Our list can be great with a few additions, a game plan and an ability to coach against a team with some strategy.

We will know after we lose to the Eagles and mathematically can’t make finals.
Clarkson ain’t coming to us.

We’ll try a newbie, bring in Harvs, or extend Ratten. None of those will work, and we will languish in relative obscurity for another 20-odd years…

Two small pressure forwards who score. Richmond have a few that are on the outer.
We have the salary cap to really bring in a couple good players , hopefully DeGoey or Brayshaw as a free agent , Amon as a free agent , pick the best available first round pick and the way it's going it will be a top 10 pick and with pick 2 and 3 intact we could score a upgrade and the haven't had the chance to really have a good crack due to not having a 2nd round pick for at least 3yrs.

Gresham can kick when he lowers his eyes and hits targets within his range, he kicks mongrel punts when he tries to go long just as he did in the tac. He’s also a little slow for a man of his size but incredibly agile, I still think his best football will be a forward who rotates through the midfield.

Howard looses his man, looses his feet just about every week and while he’s a booming kick his decision making is poor and he’s slow to move the ball on. His little routine of showing the ball last night speaks volumes, needs to be reminded exactly what’s expected of him. On a hiding to nothing last night with our mids getting smashed and Sydney moving the ball so easily it’s wonder buddy didn’t kick 10.
The season is long and Gresham being out for close to 2 yrs would be feeling it with most of the team , hopefully they can pick them selves up against Carlton and get a 2nd wind.
Guys like King went through a slump mid-season last year hopefully he can really make a mark in these next games because we need him kicking goals badly.

Not making finals will put a massive dent in our prospects of attracting top talent.

I can't say we're an attractive destination for a player wanting a premiership chance.
I keep flipping between trading and drafting atm. I’m really not sure trading in players will fix our problems.
Are we any good at developing talent? Not sure about that either.
I think we’ve definitely found a few this year with NWM, Chito and Windy so maybe we go that way but our top end talent can’t wait till they reach their peak.

Uncontested king.

He’s like a tougher Hill. He’s not an inside mid. He runs to space to open the ground up. We need some meat before the broccolini at this moment though. He’s more a garnish than a key ingredient at this point. Stick with Nazza, he should come good at just the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back