Autopsy North lose to the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the Noble presser was sad. It is plain that it could very well be his last and the smell of death was in the air.

I think it is primarily a list problem For example our two senior on ballers, Jed and Jy, are C graders at best who cannot hit simple targets. Larkey is a handy second target, Cam Z would be a good player in a good team. I could go on but it's depressing.

I went to the Cats and Tiges and it was a great game, worth every cent. I really enjoyed the whole experience, Only a died in the wool supporter would pay to us play at the moment.

Unfortunately we are three years off being competitive. Forget about finals.

Lmao. Some of you poor bastards thought we'd win. We stink.
Well at least I predicted that we wouldn't get beaten by 10 goals. Okay it was nine goals and three behinds, but even stupid me tipped the losing margin to be only 40 points :rolleyes:

Are you f*cking kidding me.
What leadership has she shown? We are experiencing our worst ever season since the 70s which was 40 years ago, and she's done nothing of note since she became President to right the ship. She might be a nice person, passionate about North, etc, (as many of us on here are), but to date she's demonstrated nothing to justify her role as President.

Players are made differently and think differently.
Yes evidently. All are apparently China dolls that can't deal with being yelled at, or being told a few home truths. It must be the ADHD that they all suffer when put under the spotlight. :rolleyes:

One positive is we're now the equivalent of a rodent playing dead.

Even opposition predators seem to be too repulsed to troll us.
On the first point I think that the word you are looking for is "Lemmings". On you second point, I think that opposition supporters these days would regard trolling a NM supporter as being akin to kicking a puppy.

Obviously there’s an absolute smorgasbord of shitness today, but bugger it, as a slightly jaded pragmatic-optimist I’m still going to try and list some positives:

Paul Curtis. Smart, good work rate and movement, uses the ball pretty well and with time could definitely be a player.

Curtis Taylor continues to improve. 20 touches, a nice goal and 448 metres gained.

Tristan Xerri with another game that shows promise. 14 disposals, 6 marks, 1.0 and 21 hit-outs in just under 71 minutes of game time.

Jacko Archer looked surprisingly comfortable at the level. In fact he looked better than he did in the couple of VFL games that I saw. Obviously he’s built like Skinny McGuinness but he has a crack and picked up 15 disposals (73% effective).
Agreed. PC and CT were North's best - they both look the goods. Archer fluffed a couple of kicks - I'm sure he will be gutted by those but really, with a bit more meat on the bones he could come up to be a very decent player. He was a bit unluckly to cop a fend-off directly on the chin and that cost another goal (I think) where on any other occasion he would have earned a free.

X was solid if he can stay in the game by improving his fitness then he could be what everybody thought he might be (needs to idy up his scragging a bit though to avoid clumsy frees against).

I was a cheer squad member in 1972 when we won one game in the season against South Melbourne at Arden St. I spent my Saturday mornings hanging banners on the fence and tearing up phone books I had knocked from phone booths to throw when we scored a goal. I had hope and enthusiasm. Each week I believed we could win.
Last year I had hope and belief that we could rebuild. I was convinced that we were right in clearing out players and not rewarding mediocrity. I set a 10 goal loss against good teams as a benchmark. I saw young players play with passion and enthusiasm. I watched training and saw our boys push themselves
Today I saw us lose by 10 goals to the 4th bottom team. We looked lost and rudderless.
I’m sad, disappointed and confused.
Where are we at? I can’t watch this anymore.
I believed in the Noble narrative.
Not anymore.

Agreed. PC and CT were North's best - they both look the goods. Archer fluffed a couple of kicks - I'm sure he will be gutted by those but really, with a bit more meat on the bones he could come up to be a very decent player. He was a bit unluckly to cop a fend-off directly on the chin and that cost another goal (I think) where on any other occasion he would have earned a free.

X was solid if he can stay in the game by improving his fitness then he could be what everybody thought he might be (needs to idy up his scragging a bit though to avoid clumsy frees against).
He's definitely an Archer tho.

The guy that did it was twice his size and still went straight off the ground with a sore arm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What leadership has she shown? We are experiencing our worst ever season since the 70s which was 40 years ago, and she's done nothing of note since she became President to right the ship. She might be a nice person, passionate about North, etc, (as many of us on here are), but to date she's demonstrated nothing to justify her role as President.
lol alright mate, sure thing

Thomas should have put 3 armbands on his arm, one for each disposal.

If you are going to take the field and want to honour someone, you might want to not be an embarrassment.
Thomas has been a shadow of himself since doing his ribs.
Surely has to be a confidence thing.

Exactly. Before you sack anybody you have to have a better replacement lined up beforehand.
Not necessarily, but doing so puts us at a disadvantage in negotiations with experienced candidates.

The real question is are we doing further damage by not acting now?

Interesting on Taylor, as I thought today he tried about 5 times to take the ball in a pack at speed and crash through......tipping he gets away with this training against us, because there’s not many to stop him. But he comes up against proper AFL bodies and he gets smashed in there. Massive issues with training standards IMO.
I think that is pretty well spot on. Maybe some of the training observers here could confirm?

I also have a suspicion that the players drill their clearances out of the backline against no opposition where it doesn't matter if the plater making a lead runs directly at the ball carrier forcing a dinky short pass - it works in training but not against opposition who are hunting for the ball. The number of times out 18 metre passes get chopped off is crazy!

For a very long time it seems North players will stand in one spot waving for the kick to come to them and the kicker honours this request by attempting to land the ball on their head. There's verly little lateral or tangental movement, when players in the forward line do find some space it's usually deep in the flank or pocket and they are being forced to the boundary line by defenders running hard at them.

And then there's the sheer number of mis-kicks where players (sometimes, but not always under pressure) seemingly kick directly to unmanned opponents. On some occasions it's almost impossible to determine where the kicker intended the ball to go if they had kicked it as they intended.

I cannot believe anybody who says that the forwards practice set shots at training either. So many commence their run too close to the man on the mark and the kick is hoiked rather than punted properly. Every player should be able to judge their run up for set shots and teammates ought to be guiding anybody who appears to be too close as that's just an unforgivable error. Not saying that they need to be Ben Brown clones, but for the most part, he kicked his set shots on his own terms.

I was a cheer squad member in 1972 when we won one game in the season against South Melbourne at Arden St. I spent my Saturday mornings hanging banners on the fence and tearing up phone books I had knocked from phone booths to throw when we scored a goal. I had hope and enthusiasm. Each week I believed we could win.
Last year I had hope and belief that we could rebuild. I was convinced that we were right in clearing out players and not rewarding mediocrity. I set a 10 goal loss against good teams as a benchmark. I saw young players play with passion and enthusiasm. I watched training and saw our boys push themselves
Today I saw us lose by 10 goals to the 4th bottom team. We looked lost and rudderless.
I’m sad, disappointed and confused.
Where are we at? I can’t watch this anymore.
I believed in the Noble narrative.
Not anymore.
Torn phone books bring back so many memories. Standing with a mate at Princes Park mid 70s when Carlton kicked a goal. Phone book pieces flew everywhere. Mate coughed - a piece stuck on his tongue. He peeled it off. Look at this, he says. It was his name, address and phone number. (His parents of course).

Couldnt watch the game due to brewing commitments but i still surprised At the reaction. I can accept our board likely place our list higher than it actually is myself included but we are really 18 month to 2 years away from being bottom dwellers.
CA8C1E0A-81A3-4F89-B5BA-F43AE1DB287D.gif

Torn phone books bring back so many memories. Standing with a mate at Princes Park mid 70s when Carlton kicked a goal. Phone book pieces flew everywhere. Mate coughed - a piece stuck on his tongue. He peeled it off. Look at this, he says. It was his name, address and phone number. (His parents of course).
What a crazy moment & amazing memory to have. Love it.

Last edited:
We already had potential coaching candidates knocking us back, who would take the gig now? Im not sure a new coach is the answer, i doubt anyone could do much better with the midfield we currently have, until JHF, LDU, Phillips and Powell are ready to take over. McKay out for so many games (and no doubt forward all of today because of concussion concerns) while Thomas and Stevo very disappointing when we needed and expected breakout seasons from them.

As others have said our midfield is miles off it. Jy, Greenwood and Jed try as they do just dont have the tools for it. How many times we had the small advantage around the contest on to fumble to another North mid who fumbles then boom clean pick up and take away by the crows.

If the best player available in the draft is a mid we simply must take them! The 3 above are not the answer, Thomas and Stevo are not midfielders mentally and Cunners we need to treat every game as a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back