Coach 2022 Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it’s Ratts’ fault. The cattle just isn’t good enough. In his interview he bemoaned our ball movement and decision making and seemed perplexed as to why we weren’t taking the game on more.
That’s leadership on the field to me. Not coaching. Why didn’t one of our mids try getting into Clarke to free up Sinclair to run and carry. Why wasn’t someone bold enough to take on a kick in board? Why didn’t Longy take it upon himself to clean up Lloyd or Blakey, or even better, why didn’t any of our small forwards actually try and make them defend?

Freo don’t have a great list either. They forgot to let that stop them. Longmuir has created a list of tough battlers that fight hard and suit today’s footy. A huge amount of small forwards that are impossible for most sides to cover. Essendon have a decent list and they are s**t. Sydney have a young list that doesn’t have heaps of stars. List is an excuse. This is Ratts baby and he’s had time to mould it and it’s a mess.

No I dont
But gee it’s our only play right now
I can’t see us winning 5 more games and if we miss finals Ratten has to go.
If we miss on Clarkson it would be a disaster.

Sometimes it’s better to create your own history with a hungry young coach. I’m not fussed but don’t feel like Ratts has got it in him any more.

I keep hearing that we said no to Clarkson. Are we sure that was even said? I think all we said when we were 8-3 is that Ratten has done well so far and they'll talk through his contract in the 2nd half of the season.

Second, we won't wait until Round 23 to make a decision either way. We will know within the next couple of weeks if Ratten has a new deal or if he is being moved on.
Who has said we have said no..?
Ratten.?

We have half the Hawthorn coaching department at our club now from their GFs, get clarkson in and it will be like the old days for them

Who has said we have said no..?
Ratten.?

We have half the Hawthorn coaching department at our club now from their GFs, get clarkson in and it will be like the old days for them
Sorry I misread your post, I thought you said the club said no to Clarkson. There has been some posters here saying that we said no to Clarkson over in the other thread.

Again we will know if Ratten is staying or going well before the end of the season. If he doesn't have a new deal in the next 2 weeks I would suspect that he has been told this is his final year and to start taking offers from other clubs. We don't have to say that he is being let go at seasons end but by not announcing a deal it's as good as saying he's gone.

Freo don’t have a great list either. They forgot to let that stop them. Longmuir has created a list of tough battlers that fight hard and suit today’s footy. A huge amount of small forwards that are impossible for most sides to cover. Essendon have a decent list and they are s**t. Sydney have a young list that doesn’t have heaps of stars. List is an excuse. This is Ratts baby and he’s had time to mould it and it’s a mess.
Freo actually have a good list. It’s just their forward line isn’t great. Their backs are solid and their midfield is top 5 in the comp. Sydney’s youngsters all have confidence beyond their years and are campaigners that don’t take s**t from anyone. Just look at Warner, Gulden, Rowbottom and Campbell give it to players much more experienced than them. Our players on the other hand, even our senior players are scared of shadows ffs.

I think our gameplan was just fine in the first half of the season, and everyone else here agreed. I just find it hard to believe we’ve deliberately gone back to what doesn’t work for us in the last 2 weeks.

No I dont
But gee it’s our only play right now
I can’t see us winning 5 more games and if we miss finals Ratten has to go.
If we miss on Clarkson it would be a disaster.
I couldn’t stand Ross as coach
But it would be so Stkilda to get him back

I’m hoping Ratts and players turn this around also think he has already signed

Freo actually have a good list. It’s just their forward line isn’t great. Their backs are solid and their midfield is top 5 in the comp. Sydney’s youngsters all have confidence beyond their years and are campaigners that don’t take s**t from anyone. Just look at Warner, Gulden, Rowbottom and Campbell give it to players much more experienced than them. Our players on the other hand, even our senior players are scared of shadows ffs.

I think our gameplan was just fine in the first half of the season, and everyone else here agreed. I just find it hard to believe we’ve deliberately gone back to what doesn’t work for us in the last 2 weeks.

Sydney kids have a very clear game plan. Freo have plan and brand as well. Funny how kids come on quick with structures in place.

Sometimes it’s better to create your own history with a hungry young coach. I’m not fussed but don’t feel like Ratts has got it in him any more.
I think you're right on the money there. The problem with our Hawthorn lite coaching division is that these guys are all elder statesmen and have achieved their success. That has to enter their psychology in some level. It's not that the hunger is gone...it's more that there is a level of comfort of what has been done in the past. It reminds me of angry comedians, bands and artists, that move onto bigger and better things...and then try to go back to recapture their old energy. It never works, they've changed, and their reference points are no longer as valid as they once were.

I don’t think it’s Ratts’ fault. The cattle just isn’t good enough. In his interview he bemoaned our ball movement and decision making and seemed perplexed as to why we weren’t taking the game on more.
That’s leadership on the field to me. Not coaching. Why didn’t one of our mids try getting into Clarke to free up Sinclair to run and carry. Why wasn’t someone bold enough to take on a kick in board? Why didn’t Longy take it upon himself to clean up Lloyd or Blakey, or even better, why didn’t any of our small forwards actually try and make them defend?
It's both I think. Our leadership has been a s**t show for years. Too feckin' quiet. Our coaching has recently admitted that it is basically confused by the players it is supposedly coaching. Neither group seems adept at conjuring fresh ideas or skills.
It's not looking good.

Honestly the side is good enough but we lack system and brand. Both coaching issues. I can’t tell you what either are at the Saints. * around with the ball until you turn it over, run around a bit and pick and choose when to go?
You forgot bomb it in to tall mate to bring to ground so the oppo can sweep it away and rebound

Sydney kids have a very clear game plan. Freo have plan and brand as well. Funny how kids come on quick with structures in place.
just on freo.. i've heard their players (the younger core) are incredibly driven

to the point theyre getting someone to absolutely flog them in the off-season

then theyre doing 10KM in 100m sprints on christmas morning.

the attitude is just completly different in that younger crop compared to ours!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just on freo.. i've heard their players (the younger core) are incredibly driven

the attitude is just completly different in that younger crop compared to ours!!!!!!!
Andrew Brayshaw looks that type. He’s an absolute gun. Probably one of the best mids this year.

Sydney’s youngsters all have confidence beyond their years and are campaigners that don’t take s**t from anyone. Just look at Warner, Gulden, Rowbottom and Campbell give it to players much more experienced than them. Our players on the other hand, even our senior players are scared of shadows ffs.
we should just do this. Get Owens, Windy, Bytel, Byrnes to become FIGJAM campaigners and just start performing above their years. Sydney have shown its possible and that's exactly the thing that takes us to top 8/top 4.

Sydney showed its possible so why can't we?

Thank you for giving me more belief

as opposed to one of our young players who was at a party with a relative of mine and having a drink. The starts vaping.

The player in question was returning from injury . Hardly the actions of a driven player .

I sense the majority of our players are happy getting paid well and don’t really have much interest in making sacrifices to get to the ultimate .

I couldn’t stand Ross as coach
But it would be so Stkilda to get him back

I’m hoping Ratts and players turn this around also think he has already signed

My understanding from a guy who would know but who was very cagey about it, is that Ratts resigned around the bye week but we were waiting until we had a good win or two to announce it. Not great.

My understanding from a guy who would know but who was very cagey about it, is that Ratts resigned around the bye week but we were waiting until we had a good win or two to announce it. Not great.

Can we please all make an effort to use the dash! I though you were saying he resigned, not re-signed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back