Draft Expert PMBangers' (and ‘friends’) 2022 Draft Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
So, what's your expected order of selection and rough draft range for Brayden George vs Clarke vs Seth Campbell vs Jacob Konstanty?
I expect it'd be George, Konstanty, Clarke and Campbell in order atm, George anywhere from 8-20, Konstanty 15-30, Clarke 20-40 and Campbell 30+

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Can I ask what puts Konstanty over Clarke in your view?
I think there's a bit more to his game overall, from my viewings he seems a bit smarter around the forward 50 and goals which sees him hit the scoreboard more often, and he's arguably the best defensive pressure small in the class which is something I highly rate. Another thing with Konstanty is despite the opportunities to do so, he very rarely blazes away when goals are in sight, if there are better options he takes them. This is something Clarke has been prone to do over the year, although admittedly he has improved in this regard.

Although Clarke has his positives over Konstanty as well, inarguably more athletic and gets involved in action higher up the ground more often when when stationed as a forward.

PocketRocket08

Senior List
Apr 26, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is it just me or is everyone sleeping a bit on Charlie Clarke?

I've only seen a couple of Sandy matches, but it looks to me like he offers a very complete forward-mid skillset. In particular really like his intensity around the contest, has a will to be involved in everything.

I'm on board the wagon :thumbsu:
I been on board for awhile now. I did play footy with his older brother so have watched him more than others. I don’t think he is far off the other 3 dragons and has some serious weapons. Like sheezel can play forward or midfield. Though his stoppage work craft needs improvement. The day against Tassie he also give 4 goals off which he could of easily blazed away and had shots. Looking forward to him elevating himself in the Championships.

Where can we watch VM v Allies ? Any link please
AFL website is extremely slack, so no one has it yet. No point asking in every different thread.

When the link is posted and someone finds it they will post it in the game thread. It’s got a big yellow “U18 Champs” prefix on it, you should be able to find it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
I noticed no Kobe Ryan in your mock draft, why? PMBangers
Just concerned over how well he translates to the next level, and his form this season hasn't been an improvement on last year
Has Tsatas shown more than, say, Sinn or Sonsie?
I'd say so, feels like he's already played more than those two did last year and his performances have been stronger

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How would you compare Ashcroft to Sam Walsh and Nick Daicos in their draft years? Seems like similar players to compare to rather than JHF and Rowell.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
W
Just concerned over how well he translates to the next level, and his form this season hasn't been an improvement on last year

I'd say so, feels like he's already played more than those two did last year and his performances have been stronger
With Kobe Ryan his 2 SANFL League games against the men with the SANFL cellar dwellers West Adelaide were excellent averaging 19.5 disposals at 85%DE. If he doesn't go 1st round someone's getting an absolute bargain IMO.

Can win his own ball on the inside and certainly has an outside game.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Fair enough. I liked a lot of his games at SANFL both 18s and seniors where he shows a bit. I’d take him late in the draft 😂

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
W

With Kobe Ryan his 2 SANFL League games against the men with the SANFL cellar dwellers West Adelaide were excellent averaging 19.5 disposals at 85%DE. If he doesn't go 1st round someone's getting an absolute bargain IMO.

Can win his own ball on the inside and certainly has an outside game.
It's moreso that I'm not sure the crash and bash style holds up at the next level without an increase in size, when he's playing an outside role I like him a lot, but he doesn't look super comfortable when he's playing the role.

Right now he reminds me of the smaller James Tunstill in play style

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's moreso that I'm not sure the crash and bash style holds up at the next level without an increase in size, when he's playing an outside role I like him a lot, but he doesn't look super comfortable when he's playing the role.

Right now he reminds me of the smaller James Tunstill in play style
His kicking isn’t great either but he does have genuine ball winning, loves the contest and a tackle and good by hand. Good runner. I mean there’s plenty of blokes who are crash and bash and smaller like Zak Butters.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
I would imagine Kobe Ryan starts his AFL career as a high half forward, he has elite running patterns already so will provide good run as an outlet although his kicking will need to be more consistent to be truly effective in the role. His ability to draw a free is also perfect for that forward rotating mid role, where he gets taken is up in the air but I’m confident there is an AFL player there.

creamPIES

Debutant
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bit of a left field one, but what would your current top 5 be(in order if possible) for a supercoach keeper league?
Ashcroft a obvious pick 1?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
How would you compare Ashcroft to Sam Walsh and Nick Daicos in their draft years? Seems like similar players to compare to rather than JHF and Rowell.
Numbers wise he's comparing favourably for sure! Similarly there are times where he just looks a different class entirely when out on field, but in saying that I can't recall a game I watched where Walsh and Daicos weren't in the best 3-5 players on ground, but I'd argue that Ashcroft has had a couple where he hasn't.
Bit of a left field one, but what would your current top 5 be(in order if possible) for a supercoach keeper league?
Ashcroft a obvious pick 1?
Ashcroft is honestly the only one I'd be confident on having a significant impact early, others like Wardlaw, Sheezel, Clark, Hewett, Szybkowski, etc. would be slower burns given I don't think they'll get the midfield opportunities that Ashcroft does, or they don't have a second position in which they dominate enough that they'd be high scorers. Sheezel the exception there because he's always a sneaky chance of slotting 4 goals from nowhere, but if I had to do one my guess would be;
1. Ashcroft, 2. Wardlaw, 3. Sheezel, 4. Jhye Clark, 5. Elijah Hewett

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Numbers wise he's comparing favourably for sure! Similarly there are times where he just looks a different class entirely when out on field, but in saying that I can't recall a game I watched where Walsh and Daicos weren't in the best 3-5 players on ground, but I'd argue that Ashcroft has had a couple where he hasn't.

Ashcroft is honestly the only one I'd be confident on having a significant impact early, others like Wardlaw, Sheezel, Clark, Hewett, Szybkowski, etc. would be slower burns given I don't think they'll get the midfield opportunities that Ashcroft does, or they don't have a second position in which they dominate enough that they'd be high scorers. Sheezel the exception there because he's always a sneaky chance of slotting 4 goals from nowhere, but if I had to do one my guess would be;
1. Ashcroft, 2. Wardlaw, 3. Sheezel, 4. Jhye Clark, 5. Elijah Hewett
Also a disclaimer that I regularly finish bottom 5% in fantasy comps so don't take my advice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back