Preview Round 16, 2022: Giants v Hawks, 3:20pm 3rd July Giants stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Shiels (omm.), Impey (omm.), Howe (omm.), Kosi (omm.)
In: Ward, Day, Gunston, Wingard

Youth policy in full you'd imagine. Titch/Worps lucky to keep getting games in some regards, I just wish we had more established players to bring in for them. Wouldn't mind seeing Finn come in as an inside mid but I don't think we'll see that in this one.

Howe Shiels Nash Kosi Butler Mitchell out
Wingard Day Gunston Ward Maginness DGB in

Shiels, passed it
Howe, not up to it
Nash was shown up as an average inside Mid Fielder
Kosi out of form
Butler omit
Mitchell Managed

Time to look at our future Midfielders

Butler for Wingard? That’s not playing the kids

Pick 6 in the draft is a lot to spend on a stopper. I thought he was supposed to be a brilliant intercept defender?
Six possessions at VFL level from an intercept defender when the ball obviously spent a lot of time in his part of the ground is underwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I watched the game in full and no way I believe those possession numbers. He had more than 6 touches. Took some good marks and thought he was ok. It was blowing 40km winds so not the best day for a taking marks. Just get him back in. He’ll be inconsistent but what young KPD isn’t. They’re prob the slowest burn out of any draft position

So your happy with pick 6 gathering 6 possessions in game where it appears it spent a lot of time in our back line.
Did you watch the game?

I would be happy to see DGB and Blanck playing together. Ward and Wingard through the rotations would be a positive. Day too if he is good to go. You always play Gunston if he is fit.

The outs?

I am in the "keep playing Butler" camp. He is not having a massive impact but I like the way he goes about it.
I thought Worpel did enough
Howe and Shiels could probably make way. I would give Tom Mitchell a rest (managed or even a BH outing)
Kosi out for Gunston makes sense but leaves us exposed in the ruck.

In short, it is not so easy. I guess niggles will come to the rescue.

No mate, sorry I missed it. I hope the boy played well and it warrants a recall as I take it by your comment that it was a good 6 possession game.
Ok, maybe watch the game before disparaging those who think he did enough to continue developing at AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg has had 30 today and taken 11 marks. He's been phenomenal since moving back. Must make him accountable this week.
Always liked Himmelberg as a player, bit beside the point in a game preview but he'd make a great Gunston replacement

Feel we are one tall short when it is just Sicily and one other tall back there so think DGB should be back in

In: Gunston, Wingard, DGB, Day, Ward
Out: Impey, Howe, Shiels and one of Mitchell or Worpel, Morrison dropped to sub

Giving time for MacDonald in the middle shouldn't be a last quarter thing when the game is over like what happened in the Richmond and Dogs games.

Kosi needs to stay, needs more continuity and game time in the seniors. He'll get there, it just takes time for players like him, just like it did with MLewis..
Sorry Roddy, have to disagree
Just don’t see it. I would trade him & see what we can get.
In my opinion he lacks game awareness.
Is he a forward/ruckman/defender ?
I honestly don’t know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back