Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And don’t get me started on the fools amongst you now arguing for bodily autonomy after spaffing yourselves over vaccine mandates

One of the biggest lockdown enthusiasts on here posted an “expert” graph the other day that showed we were never actually in lockdown — it was all a figment of your imagination.

I’m telling you now we are just a couple of weeks away from the expert chart that shows we never had vaccine mandates.

It’s coming.

Whats truly amazing is how someone could be all for government intervention in a persons body (and get quite abusive about those who weren't) and then not all for a governments intervention in a persons body (and get quite abusive for those who are).

I'm sorry, if you can't tell the difference between public health and personal reproductive choice, then I feel very sorry for you.

It's been said before, but the speed at which these highly effective vaccines were developed and distributed, and the number of lives they saved over such a short period will be looked back on as one of the great scientific achievements.

You don’t get it, Kane.

This decision puts it back into the hands of the voters. What’s your problem with that?

You’re saying you prefer laws to be handed down by unelected representatives of the judiciary.

If that’s your view, fine, but at least try and understand the point you’re making, because at the moment you don’t.
fk me..

its you and all the crazy christian crusaders that dont bloody get it..

you and all the bible bashing control freaks keep pulling out this *ing “puts it in the hands of the voters” bullshit because its clear its the only pathetic attempt at an argument you dicks can musters.

this isnt an issue that should be “put to a vote” in the first *ing place you utter morons.

just how is it, in even the most insane of minds, that anyone believes they should have the right to vote on an issue such as who is free to have an abortion?…

this isnt an issue to vote on.. its a fckn medical procedure that is no one else's business, and has absolutely no effect on anyone else, but the pregnant woman.

why the * should men, or other women for that matter, have any right to vote on someone else's medical decision to have an abortion?

and before you pathetically try and link this to the vaccine and say “but, but people were forced to have a vaccine”. everyone had the personal choice to take or not take the vaccine and no one got to vote on whether others were forced to have it. even those who, to keep their job, were mandated to be vacinated had a fckn choice. have the vaccine and keep your job or dont and go and look for work in another field that didnt require you to be vaccinated.

THAT’S IS BEING GIVEN A CHOICE AND EXERCISING A CHOICE.. regardless of how much you smarmy little flogs claim it wasn’t just to suit your conspiracy theory laden drivel..

A minority of hard right wing christian conservative crusaders arent going to even be happy until the drag the US back to the dark ages where everyone is forced to live by the rules of their sky fairy and the book of complete and utter fictional nonsense that comes with it. they are no better than the Taliban.

There's an important distinction to make here. I see lots of videos of extreme and at times absurd responses by average civilians in the streets to the SCOTUS decision being shared in this thread. These however are government officials and elected representatives.... Just batsh*t insane. I'm convinced Hitler himself could run for the GOP at this point and many of their supporters wouldn't bat an eyelid, they are so far down the rabbit hole with their delusions.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's an important distinction to make here. I see lots of videos of extreme and at times absurd responses by average civilians in the streets to the SCOTUS decision being shared in this thread. These however are government officials and elected representatives.... Just f***ing insane. I'm convinced Hitler himself could run for the GOP at this point and many of their supporters wouldn't bat an eyelid, they are so far down the rabbit hole with their delusions.

There was that Republican congresswoman who quoted Hitler in a speech.

There's an important distinction to make here. I see lots of videos of extreme and at times absurd responses by average civilians in the streets to the SCOTUS decision being shared in this thread. These however are government officials and elected representatives.... Just f***ing insane. I'm convinced Hitler himself could run for the GOP at this point and many of their supporters wouldn't bat an eyelid, they are so far down the rabbit hole with their delusions.

quite literally the dumbest fckn morons on earth.

”I think a woman should be able to control the amount of sperm a man ejaculates into her body”…

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUUUUCCKKK??..

hilarious there are some complete dumbfcks in this thread that are on the same side of the argument as these batshit crazy people.

come on Slippery pete, crow till i die et al.. I actually love what you guys bring to the football/crows discussion but are you seriously on the side of these unbelievably crazy US fruitcakes?.. really?…

how can this s**t be defended?

There's an important distinction to make here. I see lots of videos of extreme and at times absurd responses by average civilians in the streets to the SCOTUS decision being shared in this thread. These however are government officials and elected representatives.... Just batsh*t insane. I'm convinced Hitler himself could run for the GOP at this point and many of their supporters wouldn't bat an eyelid, they are so far down the rabbit hole with their delusions.

Screenshot_20220627-123221.png

fk me..

you and all the bible bashing control freaks keep pulling out this f*n “puts it in the hands of the voters” bullshit because its clear its the only pathetic attempt at an argument you dicks can musters.

this isnt an issue that should be “put to a vote” in the first f*n place you utter morons.

just how is it, in even the most insane of minds, that anyone believes they should have the right to vote on an issue such as who is free to have an abortion?…

this isnt an issue to vote on.. its a fckn medical procedure that is no one else's business, and has absolutely no effect on anyone else, but the pregnant woman.

why the * should men, or other women for that matter, have any right to vote on someone else's medical decision to have an abortion?

and before you pathetically try and link this to the vaccine and say “but, but people were forced to have a vaccine”. everyone had the personal choice to take or not take the vaccine and no one got to vote on whether others were forced to have it. even those who, to keep their job, were mandated to be vacinated had a fckn choice. have the vaccine and keep your job or dont and go and look for work in another field that didnt require you to be vaccinated.

THAT’S IS BEING GIVEN A CHOICE AND EXERCISING A CHOICE.. regardless of how much you smarmy little flogs claim it wasn’t just to suit your conspiracy theory laden drivel..

A minority of hard right wing christian conservative crusaders arent going to even be happy until the drag the US back to the dark ages where everyone is forced to live by the rules of their sky fairy and the book of complete and utter fictional nonsense that comes with it. they are no better than the Taliban.
At what point does that right get superseded by the right of the human in her belly?

At what point does that right get superseded by the right of the human in her belly?
Never. its not a human until it is born.. its is a foetus.

and it is up to the woman who is carrying that foetus how long they chose to.. its not, at any point of the pregnancy, anyone else's business what any woman chooses to do with their own body.

But, on this, this focus on the stage of which women are choosing to abort their pregnancy is just another bogus claim made by the anti-choice brigade who refuse to allow a woman the choice to decide whats right for them. late stage abortions are nearly always chosen because the woman carrying the foetus has been advised by their doctor that something is seriously wrong that threatens the viability/life of the foetus or the woman carrying it.

this utter bullshit that their are all these pregnant women deciding at late stages of their pregnancies that they just couldnt be bothered following through with their pregnancies so are just choosing to abort them is yet more pathetic nonsense from the anti-abortion brigade. and even if there are some very rare occasions where this does occur... it should still be a decision that is solely up to the woman carrying the foetus and no one else. its no one else’s *ing business.

do you think you should have a say in someone else‘s decisions on their pregnancy do you CrowsB4hoes?..

the hard right need to get out of everyone else's lives especially when these personal decisions have absolutely no effect on their own lives..

Never. its not a human until it is born.. its is a foetus.

and it is up to the woman who is carrying that foetus how long they chose to.. its not, at any point of the pregnancy, anyone else's business what any woman chooses to do with their own body.

But, on this, this focus on the stage of which women are choosing to abort their pregnancy is just another bogus claim made by the anti-choice brigade who refuse to allow a woman the choice to decide whats right for them. late stage abortions are nearly always chosen because the woman carrying the foetus has been advised by their doctor that something is seriously wrong that threatens the viability/life of the foetus or the woman carrying it.

this utter bullshit that their are all these pregnant women deciding at late stages of their pregnancies that they just couldnt be bothered following through with their pregnancies so are just choosing to abort them is yet more pathetic nonsense from the anti-abortion brigade. and even if there are some very rare occasions where this does occur... it should still be a decision that is solely up to the woman carrying the foetus and no one else. its no one else’s f*n business.

do you think you should have a say in someone else‘s decisions on their pregnancy do you CrowsB4hoes?..

the hard right need to get out of everyone else's lives especially when these personal decisions have absolutely no effect on their own lives..
Well yes if a pregnant person was injecting themselves with heroine or going bungee jumping I would expect someone to step in and protect the life of the unborn child.

There is a line. You view the line as being at birth. Others view the line at conception. Others view it somewhere in between. That’s why you have legislation and a democratic process around it. Just having a position of “it’s our right and how dare you” has more in common with the religious nutbag zealotry that appalls you so much.

Well yes if a pregnant person was injecting themselves with heroine or going bungee jumping I would expect someone to step in and protect the life of the unborn child.

There is a line. You view the line as being at birth. Others view the line at conception. Others view it somewhere in between. That’s why you have legislation and a democratic process around it. Just having a position of “it’s our right and how dare you” has more in common with the religious nutbag zealotry that appalls you so much.
Most seem to take the view that the cut-off should be around 22 weeks, when the foetus becomes viable (i.e. capable of surviving outside the womb). My understanding (and I could be wrong here) is that this is what was allowed under Roe v Wade, and what most of the Australian jurisdictions allow.

After that time, abortion should only be permitted on medical grounds.

Personally, I think this is a sensible line to draw - infinitely more sensible than 'at conception', 'at first hearbeat', or 'all the way up to birth'. It allows the mother a reasonable time in which to make her decision (which the first two do not), while still preventing late-term abortions which people find more abhorrent (because by this time the baby is fully formed).

fk me..

you and all the bible bashing control freaks keep pulling out this f*n “puts it in the hands of the voters” bullshit because its clear its the only pathetic attempt at an argument you dicks can musters.

this isnt an issue that should be “put to a vote” in the first f*n place you utter morons.

You baby killers are mad as hell today.

Tell it to the Supreme Court honey.

Most seem to take the view that the cut-off should be around 22 weeks, when the foetus becomes viable (i.e. capable of surviving outside the womb). My understanding (and I could be wrong here) is that this is what was allowed under Roe v Wade, and what most of the Australian jurisdictions allow.

After that time, abortion should only be permitted on medical grounds.

Personally, I think this is a sensible line to draw - infinitely more sensible than 'at conception', 'at first hearbeat', or 'all the way up to birth'. It allows the mother a reasonable time in which to make her decision (which the first two do not), while still preventing late-term abortions which people find more abhorrent (because by this time the baby is fully formed).
The most common sense thing you have posted on these boards. I suspect the vast majority of people would follow that line of thought and whatever the arbitrary time- 22 weeks 20 weeks etc- let the medical people make that call. Its the idiots at both ends that wreck it for everyone else and its the idiots at both ends that push the lies.

You’re still not getting it are you..

why should there be a line?.

The line should be whatever the woman who is pregnant chooses the line to be..

And in the great majority of cases where a woman aborts a foetus simply for no other reason that they dont want to have a child at that point pf their life.. it would happen a soon as they find out they are pregnant which would be very early on in the pregnancy.

The only reason this needs to be legislated is because their are lunatics out there that think it is their right to stick their noses into other people business and force their religious beliefs down the throats of others.

And this subject should never even get to the point where it becomes part of the “democratic process” which suggests it is something that should be voted on. Its the same as the same sex marriage vote we had here..

why was it that I, as a heterosexual person, was granted the right to vote on whether two other people could get married?.. what a complete joke. Its none of my *n business who other people decide to want to love and marry. Has absolutely no effect whatsoever on my life.. so I should never have even got to vote on it.

This abortion issue is the same.. its not mine or anyone else’s business so no one should have some “democratic” type say in the matter.

The political right love to blab on and on about freedoms and how they love to uphold them. but yet again we see this is another complete fabrication as the only freedoms they really give a s**t about are their freedoms to impose their dumb*ery onto everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back