Review Geelong beat tiggers by 3 points

That's often the way a troll ingratiates themselves in an online community. It starts by affirming the community's shared values and, once accepted as a member, gets to work denigrating and disrupting those values (The GFC in the case of this board). The troll 'BlightyCats' had the same positive start, followed by the decisive 'turn' to unrelenting negativity, misrepresentations, hyperbole, and monopolisation of the discussion.
He’d still be lurking in here under another name. Amazes me how many people change their user name but continue on with the same crap.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I took some print screens on DM’s shot on goal he missed.
He was able to gain 5+ meters inside the boundary from where he took the mark.
When he was walking back he was keeping square with the boundary line, then whilst walking in, walking on an angle to greater his chances.
Very smart but also it was noticeable at the ground but umpires didn’t cotton onto it
BEB46251-1EF7-4B80-86DD-141AEC489DD6.png 96493154-14A2-42C8-80FD-B746AE9784E1.png F434B7E1-B640-41F1-BFFD-A15639D5E19D.png 64002413-27E3-4876-848B-AC6AC42B9537.png

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
AFLCA VOTES

9 -
Liam Baker (RICH)
6 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
5 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
4 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 - Cameron Guthrie (GEEL)
2 - Tom J Lynch (RICH)
1 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)
1 - Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)

I choose to believe that Hardwick is salty and refused to vote for Stewart.

AFLCA VOTES

9 -
Liam Baker (RICH)
6 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
5 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
4 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 - Tom J Lynch (RICH)
1 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)

Baker & Stengle the only players with votes from both coaches...

Seems like an earlier match of ours where a couple of our players didn't get votes from both coaches, even though they may have been better than the player who polled top votes for the match

The interesting thing from the votes - Blicavs or Stewart, who didn't get any votes from Scott?

standupand

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
Meanjin
AFL Club
Geelong
AFLCA VOTES

9 -
Liam Baker (RICH)
6 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
5 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
4 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 - Tom J Lynch (RICH)
1 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)

Fair enough. Might have even been CS? Surprised Atkins missed out.

standupand

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
Meanjin
AFL Club
Geelong
Baker & Stengle the only players with votes from both coaches...

Seems like an earlier match of ours where a couple of our players didn't get votes from both coaches, even though they may have been better than the player who polled top votes for the match

The interesting thing from the votes - Blicavs or Stewart, who didn't get any votes from Scott?
Spot on. My money is on Scott giving 5 to Blicavs and 0 to Stewart.

AFLCA VOTES

9 -
Liam Baker (RICH)
6 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
5 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
4 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 - Tom J Lynch (RICH)
1 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)

Absolutely he wouldn't have. He always finds a way to put undeserving Richmond players in the votes too.

AFLCA VOTES

9 -
Liam Baker (RICH)
6 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
5 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
4 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 - Tom J Lynch (RICH)
1 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)

Atkins extremely stiff and Blicavs and Lynch lucky.

When he was walking back he was keeping square with the boundary line, then whilst walking in, walking on an angle to greater his chances.
Very smart but also it was noticeable at the ground but umpires didn’t cotton onto it
View attachment 1434390View attachment 1434392View attachment 1434393View attachment 1434394
He did the same thing with the one he actually kicked from a similar spot.

Kitcat

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
View attachment 1434390View attachment 1434392View attachment 1434393View attachment 1434394
I noticed it at the time on tv. Did our man on the mark not say anything to the ump?

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong

Yeah I noticed this at the ground too. Rare to see a player shift the mark a good 5+ meters from where it should be without the umpires picking up on it.

Jackington

Back Flank Battler
Sep 23, 2021
State of Constant Anxiety
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
East Fremantle
AFLCA VOTES

9 -
Liam Baker (RICH)
6 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
5 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
4 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
2 - Tom J Lynch (RICH)
1 - Zach Tuohy (GEEL)

My best guess?

Scott:
1 - Tuohy
2 - Guthrie
3 - Stengle
4 - Stewart
5 - Baker

Hardwick:
1 - Cameron
2 - Lynch
3 - Stengle
4 - Baker
5 - Blicavs

Finknottle

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Mea cupla on the Henry selection. Handy swingman in a pinch, no doubt about it. Did not look ready in the VFL, but what do I know.

Equally, I'm glad Zuthrie ended up in the team, he was reliable as ever. One or two nervous moments from him, but will be better for the experience, and he certainly wasn't alone in that regard.

Zuthrie is becoming a good player. His mobility, marking and reliable kicking has improved our backline. He's gone past Kolo.

To me our ideal backline is:
Stewart, SDK, Bews
Henry, Blicavs, Zuthrie

Prefer O'Connor to Kolo as he is more vesatile and mobile. Kolo might get a chance as a replacement for Stewart who could miss a month due to his indiscretion.

Atkins has made the transition to the midfield.

Bews looks like he needs a week or two off to get his body right.

PzBlinky

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Zuthrie is becoming a good player. His mobility, marking and reliable kicking has improved our backline. He's gone past Kolo.

To me our ideal backline is:
Stewart, SDK, Bews
Henry, Blicavs, Zuthrie

Prefer O'Connor to Kolo as he is more vesatile and mobile. Kolo might get a chance as a replacement for Stewart who could miss a month due to his indiscretion.

Atkins has made the transition to the midfield.

Bews looks like he needs a week or two off to get his body right.

100% agree with Zuthrie - would pick him every week ahead of Kolo. Not sure the MC agrees though, but it doesn't matter - they're both going to be needed with Stewart out for 3-5 weeks.

Romeoh1

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Lovely review!

Close and Z Guthrie's last quarters deserve a mention too.
Close was in everything in the last, his running capacity and consistency this year should be commended.
He also swears that his snap from the pocket was a goal - to have kicked two in the last quarter would have been some performance by the youngster.
Was interesting wasn’t it- he thought it went through and so did a few of our other players -but no review.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
He did the same thing with the one he actually kicked from a similar spot.
I rewatched the first one, he did shift out but not even close to the margin he did on the second one. It’s almost like his second shot he put himself off by not walking in straight
I noticed it at the time on tv. Did our man on the mark not say anything to the ump?
If you watch Zuthrie is pointing it out to the umpire several times
My best guess?

Scott:
1 - Tuohy
2 - Guthrie
3 - Stengle
4 - Stewart
5 - Baker

Hardwick:
1 - Cameron
2 - Lynch
3 - Stengle
4 - Baker
5 - Blicavs
At the ground Baker wasn’t a factor
Must’ve played a good game and of course spiteful Hardwick wouldn’t give Stewart any votes.
Surprised Tarrant or Kolo didn’t get any

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong

I remember a game years ago, Cats vs North where Carey took a mark on the goal line and the mark was on an acute angle, yet Carey essentially lined up the kick straight in front...
Umpires are gutless to force "star" players to line up correctly.

Back