Preview Geelong V North, Sat 2 July 2022 @ KP 7:25 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to see Neale get another game: he has upside whereas Esava seems to have stalled. 3 of his 4 goals in the last fortnight were frees not marks though I suppose some frees are de facto marks.

Cooper S should play too; I don't know why he was omitted really. He's the future.

Dempsey showed how good he is around the ball on Sunday; he has very quick hands - a bit like Close - can get up and down the ground and takes marks.

Mieirs and Kolo were poor on Saturday; the latter will keep his spot with Stewart out I guess. Mieirs needs to go back to VFL for a while.

We rested 8 players after the epic Rd 14 game v the Saints in 2009, so we can surely rest a few this week - Hawkins for example, allowing Neale to come in.

PS. Feeley looks OK in the VFL and Chalcraft could be another Atkins.

CS has mentioned that their resting policy is more about the player rather than the opposition.
Hence, only two weeks after the bye I don't expect us to rest too many at all.

I think Rohan comes back in, Henry moves back and Zuthrie retains his position (very well deserved).
Parfitt will need another week and I don't think they will play Danger this week.

We may rest a Smith/Touhy/Selwood but I doubt Hawkins will be rested and by all reports there is nothing physically wrong with him, he just had an off day.

Stewie will miss a month at least and meaning that gives Kolo/Zuthrie/MOC every opportunity to mount their case to stay in.

First time in a long time we have a decent group of players who would be discussed at selection...

In the mix this week: Rohan, Stephens, Dempsey, Neale, Sav, Higgins, Dal. Less likely Evans, Stevens, Knevitt
Returning next week: Parfitt & PDF.

Hopefully our list health continues to stay in a good spot leading into the finals.

EDIT: Parfitt more likely for carlton

Last edited:
Sav is the replacement player for Hawk if Hawk needs a rest. The reason Sav struggles is because he needs to play as the stay at home key forward and can't because Hawk does that. They're too similar.

Rest a couple. Other than that need a decent win and no injuries.
Give Smith, Hawkins a break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CS has mentioned that their resting policy is more about the player rather than the opposition.
Hence, only two weeks after the bye I don't expect us to rest too many at all.

I think Rohan comes back in, Henry moves back and Zuthrie retains his position (very well deserved).
Parfitt will need another week and I don't think they will play Danger this week.

We may rest a Smith/Touhy/Selwood but I doubt Hawkins will be rested and by all reports there is nothing physically wrong with him, he just had an off day.

Stewie will miss a month at least and meaning that gives Kolo/Zuthrie/MOC every opportunity to mount their case to stay in.

First time in a long time we have a decent group of players who would be discussed at selection...

In the mix this week: Rohan, Stephens, Dempsey, Neale, Sav, Higgins, Dal. Less likely Evans, Stevens, Knevitt
Returning next week: Parfitt & PDF.

Hopefully our list health continues to stay in a good spot leading into the finals.

I think it is more about player than oppo but after that bruising game we might have some sore bodies and we need them all right for melb and carlton. So id expect some rests this week.

If are going to rest sdk at all this is the week to do it but i cant see us risking it with stewart out.
This is the week to again rest joel and have him right for the harder games in the run home.
Smith and tuohy have played every game as has stengle so they might be ones we consider managing.

Sounds like parf isnt ready, cegs will need to come through the vfl and danger 50/50.

Id say stephens for selwood
Rohan for stewart (with henry back)
Danger for tuohy.
Miers or moc to sub (they can stay in the 22 if danger isnt back).

If hawk was rested you would bring in neale or sav but i dont think either is ready.

I think it is more about player than oppo but after that bruising game we might have some sore bodies and we need them all right for melb and carlton. So id expect some rests this week.

If are going to rest sdk at all this is the week to do it but i cant see us risking it with stewart out.
This is the week to again rest joel and have him right for the harder games in the run home.
Smith and tuohy have played every game as has stengle so they might be ones we consider managing.

Sounds like parf isnt ready, cegs will need to come through the vfl and danger 50/50.

Id say stephens for selwood
Rohan for stewart (with henry back)
Danger for tuohy.
Miers or moc to sub (they can stay in the 22 if danger isnt back).

If hawk was rested you would bring in neale or sav but i dont think either is ready.

Seems almost certain Danger won't be back this week.

Well, it seems the tizzie had it's intended effect.

Pretty serious mood around these parts.

Maybe if we play them in Hobart again next year 😉

Been a while since a good Vinum melt.
Might fire him up to actually watch us play this week :laughv1:

I was actually going to go a hell of a lot harder.
People forget we were effectively dead in 98’.
But now we sit in an ivory tower and all is fine.
And the club in question saved us from extinction. Short memories.

And yes I missed the tigers game. Someone who is going through a few things asked to catch up so I didn’t hesitate to skip the game.

I won’t see this weeks game either. Oops.

I was actually going to go a hell of a lot harder.
People forget we were effectively dead in 98’.
But now we sit in an ivory tower and all is fine.
And the club in question saved us from extinction. Short memories.

And yes I missed the tigers game. Someone who is going through a few things asked to catch up so I didn’t hesitate to skip the game.

I won’t see this weeks game either. Oops.
I posted about this aboout a month ago but could not find the specifics to it.... do you recall what they did for uis?

I know they were instrumental in our survival... but dont recall the important bits

Go Catters

I would be looking at:

In: Rohan, Neale, Stephens
Out: Stewart, Hawkins, Selwood (latter two managed)

But suspect they will look to give Higgins and Ratugolea game time.
Ratugolea surely reprises his role in the 2s. Higgins instead of Stephens is a possibility.

I'm going with

Rohan, Neale, Dangerfield in with the same outs

Edit: had forgotten Dangerfield existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back