Autopsy 2022 Round 15 – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Sunday 26 June, 3:20 PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

a good fourth quarter (finally) doesn’t make up for a s#*t second quarter.

Riccardi - 3 handballs to 3/4 tine
Bruhn - more tackles than disposals to 3/4 time
Haynes is not a forward - he’s an AA back
ruckman are useful - we should try that sometime

Cogs is having an outstanding year.

Cogs continues to punch out superstar weeks, what a player
Briggs would've been really nice aye, but thought was pretty good for the role he was put into but man having a proper ruckmen probably helps out
Phil looked really good too especially for an older car coming off a long term soft tissue injury
Taranto was okay, still working back from a back injury so not too concerned
Another quiet one from Bruhn, he's applying himself really well defensively but not finding enough of it atm the last couple weeks
XO looked quite lively when he got it and had some really nice moments (the 50 was stupid) but also not finding enough of it
What to do with Haynes, HH emergence has almost squeezed him out of his spot down back not sure of his role atm. Can talk myself into writing off this year as being interupted and he was sick throughout but curious to see how he fits next year under a new coach
Riccardi came on late but wasn't involved enough early on
These bloody third quarters, every week teams jump on us and it costs us games
Really good game from Kelly, 26 touches, 8 tackles and a goal with 700 metres gained is awesome stuff
Whitfield has looked like the Whitfield of old since returning from his ankle issue, finding plenty of it and using it well, wing is his best role allows him to do more damage in the foward half
Hogan's best game of the year? Marked the ball well and kicked 4 can't ask for much more

Weird game, defintely could've won. McVeigh unlikely to be the coach next year but I think the last few weeks are going to be fun to watch outside of a couple dodgy quarters they play such an exciting style now.

Cogs continues to punch out superstar weeks, what a player
Briggs would've been really nice aye, but thought was pretty good for the role he was put into but man having a proper ruckmen probably helps out
Phil looked really good too especially for an older car coming off a long term soft tissue injury
Taranto was okay, still working back from a back injury so not too concerned
Another quiet one from Bruhn, he's applying himself really well defensively but not finding enough of it atm the last couple weeks
XO looked quite lively when he got it and had some really nice moments (the 50 was stupid) but also not finding enough of it
What to do with Haynes, HH emergence has almost squeezed him out of his spot down back not sure of his role atm. Can talk myself into writing off this year as being interupted and he was sick throughout but curious to see how he fits next year under a new coach
Riccardi came on late but wasn't involved enough early on
These bloody third quarters, every week teams jump on us and it costs us games
Really good game from Kelly, 26 touches, 8 tackles and a goal with 700 metres gained is awesome stuff
Whitfield has looked like the Whitfield of old since returning from his ankle issue, finding plenty of it and using it well, wing is his best role allows him to do more damage in the foward half
Hogan's best game of the year? Marked the ball well and kicked 4 can't ask for much more

Weird game, defintely could've won. McVeigh unlikely to be the coach next year but I think the last few weeks are going to be fun to watch outside of a couple dodgy quarters they play such an exciting style now.
I saw Whitfield kick to Collingwood 3 times in a row under minimal pressure and then turned off the TV. Is not the player he used to be.
Ward gets caught holding the ball at least 2-3 times per game. Needs to retire or just be a depth player next year so Bruhn / Callaghan can have his spot full time.
I agree with Haynes. I wonder what we would get for a Nick Haynes on the open market? Late first?

I saw Whitfield kick to Collingwood 3 times in a row under minimal pressure and then turned off the TV. Is not the player he used to be.
Ward gets caught holding the ball at least 2-3 times per game. Needs to retire or just be a depth player next year so Bruhn / Callaghan can have his spot full time.
I agree with Haynes. I wonder what we would get for a Nick Haynes on the open market? Late first?
Yeah a few of those turnovers were quite frustrating but still really good game had 470 metres gained, 6 score involvements and a goal. Player ratings although not perfect had him as the third highest ranked player on the ground, third might be a little high but defintely thought he was one of our best.

Pretty disappointing performance and lacked intensity around the contest, not sure what the fix is after it was such a strength of the team previously (Mumford or a recognised ruck would help)

Really need to work on tackling and overlap run. Not sure if the players are told not to do it but with the players on the list it is disappointing not to see run from the back half
Some shocking turnovers and costly also
Just need the top players to improve 5-10% and it would have been a closer contest

Not sure how the Pies are in the 8 the team really lacks for top quality and for Macrae a 1st year coach to get them to finals would be massive. I think the defense is so strong with Moore, Howe and Maynard and Pendles or Sidebottom floating back when needed and Quaynor has really developed

No injuries that we are aware of was a bonus although with the effort for most of the game not surprising

Umpires did their best to get the team closer on the scoreboard at least

Pretty disappointing performance and lacked intensity around the contest, not sure what the fix is after it was such a strength of the team previously (Mumford or a recognised ruck would help)

Really need to work on tackling and overlap run. Not sure if the players are told not to do it but with the players on the list it is disappointing not to see run from the back half
Some shocking turnovers and costly also
Just need the top players to improve 5-10% and it would have been a closer contest

Not sure how the Pies are in the 8 the team really lacks for top quality and for Macrae a 1st year coach to get them to finals would be massive. I think the defense is so strong with Moore, Howe and Maynard and Pendles or Sidebottom floating back when needed and Quaynor has really developed

No injuries that we are aware of was a bonus although with the effort for most of the game not surprising

Umpires did their best to get the team closer on the scoreboard at least
The drop off around the contest has been pretty stark, we were very good last year and from memory good this year as well under Leon but that seems to have gone away since McVeigh took over not quite sure what the deal is there. Hasn't imapcted our scoring ability at all but it puts our defenders in a pretty tough position and is probably a reason we're giving up so many points the last 5 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back