Rumour Jordan De Goey - The Oracle that is Kane Cornes

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
You've got the decision to fine him a suspended $25k man.. are we playing pretend here or what man.. cause if we are.. we're pretty much all about maintaining a pretence man.. don't wanna risk pursuing what's real man.. that's one of the great paradoxes man.. it takes more work to pretend than just keep it real man.. results.. karma man.. take .5% 1% 2% 5% off of our chances off winning premierships man.

It is what it is man.. it is what it is. Oh well.

Never learn.

Football!!!

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
You've got the decision to fine him a suspended $25k man.. are we playing pretend here or what man.. cause if we are.. we're pretty much all about maintaining a pretence man.. don't wanna risk pursuing what's real man.. that's one of the great paradoxes man.. it takes more work to pretend than just keep it real man.. results.. karma man.. take .5% 1% 2% 5% off of our chances off winning premierships man.

It is what it is man.. it is what it is. Oh well.

Never learn.

Football!!!
Man

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jordan could always play his lil part for the community by tweeting something like.. I dunno.. something like.. ummmm.. ummmm..

'I think all footballers should be forced to spend their holiday's in the countryside.. tea in the morning.. vegan cucumber and celery sandwiches for lunch and dinner.. potato sack racing it with the locals whilst gaining intimate knowledge of the local trees flora and fauna in the area.. end the holiday with a quiz on the environment and be rewarded with a packet of vegan potato chips'.

That might juuuust be enough I reckon.

Last edited:

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon he will be at west coast next year
wc give this year's 1st & next year's 1st
For DeGoey & Pies 1st this year

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
if we are making s**t up...

I reckon he'll be at freo next year, Longmuir will be stressing after getting bounced in straight sets.

he'll live with senior player Fyfe to provide a positive influence

It won't work out though, Perth is even closer to Bali and Jordy will out Fyfe as a virgin dog again in a drunken bender in Kuta

Maybe he needs to get out of Vic to another club?
Yeah because heading the Bali and New York has helped him in the past

Some blokes are just dickheads no matter where they are

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Jordy should play his lil part for the community by tweeting something like..
I dunno.. something like..

'Yeah I know.. Robbie Williams has been an irresistible and dominant force in the world of music.. but I'm opposed to him getting the GF gig.. not everyone believes in 'Angels'.. and 'Feel' and 'Let me entertain you' too controversial for my liking.'

That might juuuust be enough I reckon.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The fact is, like him or not, Robbo's job is to report what is happening, and clearly some female players at Collingwood are unhappy with De Goey's behaviour (in New York) and Browne's inappropriate joke about it.

Now if most Collingwood supporters think this is a nothing/ratchet/beat up story fine, but it's going to end up costing them some AFLW players and probably some corporate sponsors in the process.

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
The fact is, like him or not, Robbo's job is to report what is happening, and clearly some female players at Collingwood are unhappy with De Goey's behaviour (in New York) and Browne's inappropriate joke about it.

Now if most Collingwood supporters think this is a nothing/ratchet/beat up story fine, but it's going to end up costing them some AFLW players and probably some corporate sponsors in the process.
To be fair I think Eddie told Brownie that joke and he just passed it on. I heard Eddie got the joke from Trevor Marmalade.
So where does the blame finally end ? Daryl Somers ? I think so. Cancel him for goodness sake.

Last edited:

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Whats happening? It happened 2 months ago numb nuts

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Carlton, Tennessee Titans
Like it or not the AFL is a business, the clubs are also businesses, and whether you agree with the modern culture leanings or not this has caused reputational damage for Jordan, his club and the AFL. I've moved staff who earn more than Jordan ever will on for similar things. Bottom line is, this sort of s**t is bad for business.

Sep 26, 2021
Saturn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Like it or not the AFL is a business, the clubs are also businesses, and whether you agree with the modern culture leanings or not this has caused reputational damage for Jordan, his club and the AFL. I've moved staff who earn more than Jordan ever will on for similar things. Bottom line is, this sort of s**t is bad for business.
I've always hated and I really mean "hated" the use of the term "industry" to describe a sport.
This is / was the beginning of the end. Everything just got a bit more fkd after that, sorry. It is still a game.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
I've always hated and I really mean using the word "hated" referring to the use of the term "industry" to describe a sport.
This is was the beginning of the end. Everything just got a bit more fkd after that, sorry. It is still a game.
For me it's better than the word "product" but that's what it is at the end of the day. Being a "game" doesn't change that, just look at the video game industry now where they spend $100 million on making some of them.

The world is changing, as it always has, and as much as that sucks sometimes it is what it is.

Whether anyone here agrees with the perception that De Goey did the wrong thing or not, it's bad for business.

Ohhh no please not the AFLW players.

I'm in tears who gives a s**t.

It's amazing how much people don't know about the DeGoey story and I wouldn't blame him for leaving Vic.

Whether anyone here agrees with the perception that De Goey did the wrong thing or not, it's bad for business.
Is it though? Jordy will pull the TV audience more than ever after this. That's where the money is. I suspect Gold Coast are about to play in their biggest rating game ever. Well biggest rating game considering the time slot.

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Is it though? Jordy will pull the TV audience more than ever after this. That's where the money is. I suspect Gold Coast are about to play in their biggest rating game ever. Well biggest rating game considering the time slot.
Some sponsors won't like it and will definitely bring it up in their next sponsorship negotiations, if they continue with their deals, and I honestly can't see it effecting the viewership numbers either way. If the next game rates highly then it would have done regardless of this, can't see many people who wouldn't normally watch the game decide to watch it because they saw De Goey on the news and the Collingwood diehards will watch it anyway. No positives from and it some clear negatives = bad for business

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Bad for business.. you really reckon and man? You know what's bad for business and that man.. ego centric deluuuusions man. If you want to make your business a success and that.. park the ego mate.. why? you can better understand what is being expressed by others.. you can ask questions.. you can ask yourself questions.. you can even ask yourself.. what's more important than my ego man. You can't fully understand s**t and that if you don't do that and that man. s**t you could use to better improve the joint.. we've turfed it.. blocked it or whatever and that man. Doesn't make you easy to work with cause you're continually saying that my lil self and that is more important than what we're trying to achieve together and that man.

Folk learn that they can't hear other views and that man. They tell others so everybody and that knows not to question em and that man.

In a footy sense and that man.. you're a coach.. you lose respect and that right.. you may think in your own ego centric delusional mind that they respect me cause they never question or challenge me and that man. But people being like.. oh.. if I challenge my coach.. I'll be sent to the VFL to play with the Madge and that.. if they question you.. is not.. folk respecting you man.

The whole idea is to challenge people.. ask questions and that man.. cause if we don't do that and that man.. we enable egos to get even bigger and that man. Resilience is out the door.. robust and wonderful ideas.. lost man.. you know what I'm saying man.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.

Last edited:
Back