The Greens

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Regardless of whether you support their cause or not the protests today were much the same as the antivax/lockdown Moran's from last year.
Senseless and dangerous .

The roads are for large metal vehicles travelling at high speeds.
Precisely. There are mechanisms in place to register protests for a reason. Whatever your beef is, be sensible and don't break the law.

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And when they are routinely rejected and denied, what do you do?
Conduct your unauthorised protest in a safe and legal manner.
Protesting is about getting eyeballs on your cause but also about attracting like minded activists to help your campaign.

Get 200 people to the beach to go swimming in tuxedos and ball gowns to highlight rising sea levels would be more than enough to get POSITIVE media attention for instance.
It would also encourage more people to get involved with your next protest.

(I'm aware this is probably a pretty crappy idea but you get my point)

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
And when they are routinely rejected and denied, what do you do?
Funny... No mention of a denial of application to conduct a protest on the Blockade Australia website. Surely if this was the case they would be shouting it from the rooftops saying "well, we tried to do the right thing".

Care to point me in the right direction?

I'm not referring to what happened last week at their campsite... only to the action in the city yesterday

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Protesting is about getting eyeballs on your cause but also about attracting like minded activists to help your campaign.

Get 200 people to the beach to go swimming in tuxedos and ball gowns to highlight rising sea levels would be more than enough to get POSITIVE media attention for instance.

How do you get the attention, if it isn't reported on?

I get your point, I just don't think you're aware of how much has already happened and been done. And how high the consequences are for any activity.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Funny... No mention of a denial of application to conduct a protest on the Blockade Australia website. Surely if this was the case they would be shouting it from the rooftops saying "well, we tried to do the right thing".

Care to point me in the right direction?

I'm not referring to what happened last week at their campsite... only to the action in the city yesterday
Yeah, really funny.

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, really funny.
So the answer is no... They didn't apply and get rejected?

Cool, just wanted to clarify that this was a deliberate, illegal action. Much the same as the BS anti-vax/anti-mandate garbage that went last year.

At least BA own what they're doing and accept the consequences, you're sitting here saying "but what else could they do, they tried to do the right thing".

I'm glad I'm not busy at work this week, this is very entertaining.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
So the answer is no... They didn't apply and get rejected?

Cool, just wanted to clarify that this was a deliberate, illegal action. Much the same as the BS anti-vax/anti-mandate garbage that went last year.

At least BA own what they're doing and accept the consequences, you're sitting here saying "but what else could they do, they tried to do the right thing".

I'm glad I'm not busy at work this week, this is very entertaining.
Yes, this is a sudden, unrelated group. Their action has come out of nowhere, and they have no connection to any groups preceding them.

There is no problem with protesting in Australia. They shouldn't have done it.

That's the big issue.
Not the cause they're protesting.
Not the fact that a person drove their ******* CAR INTO A GROUP OF PEOPLE.

The issue is what the media reports. Which is 'city in chaos due to illegal protest'.

You even needed to add multiple caveats to your post, to try and make a point.
You are just bad faith, and I don't know who I have you confused with, but I was wrong to think it was worth engaging with you.

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes, this is a sudden, unrelated group. Their action has come out of nowhere, and they have no connection to any groups preceding them.

There is no problem with protesting in Australia. They shouldn't have done it.

That's the big issue.
Not the cause they're protesting.
Not the fact that a person drove their ******* CAR INTO A GROUP OF PEOPLE.

The issue is what the media reports. Which is 'city in chaos due to illegal protest'.

You even needed to add multiple caveats to your post, to try and make a point.
You are just bad faith, and I don't know who I have you confused with, but I was wrong to think it was worth engaging with you.
You took any sensibility away from the car incident when you implied that it was discussions like the ones taking place in this thread that caused it to happen. It was an entirely hyperbolic response to a devastating event. Perhaps in future if you want it to be acknowledged in a way that you deem appropriate don't infer that people you are trying to discuss it with are somehow responsible, it tends not to get you very far.

You're arguing against yourself here. Aside from one person (who wasn't involved in the preceding discussion) there isn't a single person in the thread who hasn't denounced the actions of the person driving the car. There are also very few (if any) who believe Sky News provides a balanced view of the world.

They're not big issues because nobody is arguing against what you're saying in regard to them!

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
You took any sensibility away from the car incident when you implied that it was discussions like the ones taking place in this thread that caused it to happen. It was an entirely hyperbolic response to a devastating event. Perhaps in future if you want it to be acknowledged in a way that you deem appropriate don't infer that people you are trying to discuss it with are somehow responsible, it tends not to get you very far.

You're arguing against yourself here. Aside from one person (who wasn't involved in the preceding discussion) there isn't a single person in the thread who hasn't denounced the actions of the person driving the car. There are also very few (if any) who believe Sky News provides a balanced view of the world.

They're not big issues because nobody is arguing against what you're saying in regard to them!
Ok mete.

The f**k wit offended people from all electorates and from right across the political spectrum.

There was absolutely no reason for such a provocative act and it's this sort of stunt that will keep the Green's vote at around 10 to 12% max.

It was just pure political stupidity which is a shame because it greatly blunts the Greens message on the environment.
Have a sook about a flag mate

I reckon you maybe missing the point here.

For the Greens to bring more people on side, they have to be a lot more politically savvy than that. You can't go around offending the people whose vote you want. That doesn't mean you have to betray your principles, far from it, but this was such a minor thing that all he achieved in doing, was to give ammo to the right wing media who don't need much of an excuse to go hard at the Greens and it plays into the perception that the right/far right want to portray the Greens as, that is, that they are extremists and whether you or I like it, some of that s**t sticks!

People who will always vote Green and others like myself who find the symbolism spot on, we are not the ones he has to win over. The ones he needs to win over are those who are flirting with the idea of voting/supporting the Greens and of those, he has just succeeded in pushing a number away.

The majority of the Aboriginal movement is livid at Bandt for taking away the focus on a voice to Parliament and the other things that are critical for the advancement of Aboriginals and side tracking the conversation onto something that is completely marginal at best. If you don't believe me, ask those who have been working to get us to the stage where we can have a civilised discussion about an Aboriginal Voice To Parliament and how, by Bandt's stupid actions, the Uluru Statement From The Heart has been lost in another Morrison/Deves transgender scenario and you can bet your private parts, that the "mainstream" media and the racists will use Bandt's stupidity to bash Aboriginals again!
Oh no he offended racists and they're going to be racist about it.

They weren't going to vote greens anyway

Regardless of whether you support their cause or not the protests today were much the same as the antivax/lockdown Moran's from last year.
Senseless and dangerous .

The roads are for large metal vehicles travelling at high speeds.
Meaning?

Tell me you have no idea about how to protest the state without telling me

Idk man, I saw Dangerfield at the beach in a suit once and it got a lot of bad attention

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Have a sook about a flag mate

Oh no he offended racists and they're going to be racist about it.

They weren't going to vote greens anyway

Meaning?

Tell me you have no idea about how to protest the state without telling me
Unfortunately, baked on Greens are the same as baked on Laborites and baked on LNP knuckledargers, that is, they put their brains to half mast when anyone criticises the actions of their divine ones and go into hysterics, plucking s**t out of the sky to defend idiotic actions.

If you think that Bandt's childish antics only offended racists, then you are completely and utterly deluded.

I, like you, have absolutely no problems with what Bandt did but you and I are not the complete representation of the electorate - can't you even grasp that most simple of concepts.

Back