Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
A rush of blood? that's ridiculous. He gives it to Salem who is completely on his own. Under no pressure whatsoever. Salem then slips on his right foot which invites the pressure. He gives it to May, who gives a handball to Brayshaw which is not only the wrong option (as he had a guy 50m in the clear if he had his head on swivel) but also is far too slow and loopy. Brayshaw is tackled, almost immediately. I think Brayshaw was about 10% to blame in this situation. I heard the commentators mention May's handball. It's not on Kayo though so when I find it, I'll link you.
Mate I just rewatched it. I've watched the full game twice and I just rewatched the passage of play. No mention at all. Not a single bit.

So you've blatantly lied across 2 threads now, if you don't like personal maybe stop trying to rile people up in every single post. I've never reported anyone, I'll atleast take my medicine. You come at every single person but seemingly can't handle being questioned ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate I just rewatched it. I've watched the full game twice and I just rewatched the passage of play. No mention at all. Not a single bit.

So you've blatantly lied across 2 threads now, if you don't like personal maybe stop trying to rile people up in every single post. I've never reported anyone, I'll atleast take my medicine. You come at every single person but seemingly can't handle being questioned ever.
so what happens when i find the commentary...

i'm not trying to rile people up. but sometimes people being too positive riles me up. like i don't see the need to have a discussion group if we've got the best list ever assembled and every game we play is good. The flag was one of the greatest days of my life but this is a new year.
i started a list and draft needs page to start talking about how we can continue to improve etc. to actually kickstart some fruitful discussion.

I'm very passionate about this club but i am pessimistic too. im wired that way after being the most unsuccessful club in my lifetime and i'll be totally peeved if we go back to those days. I want sustained success. And i'm always keeping an eye on 2023-2026 as well. Thats why things like potentially losing jackson for peanuts, missing out on Mac Andrew, seeing drop off in defensive intent are slightly concerning. But i'l try to dial it back from now on in and be a little more upbeat.

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

i'm not trying to rile people up. but sometimes people being too positive riles me up. like i don't see the need to have a discussion group if we've got the best list ever assembled and every game we play is good. The flag was one of the greatest days of my life but this is a new year.
i started a list and draft needs page to start talking about how we can continue to improve etc. to actually kickstart some fruitful discussion.

I'm very passionate about this club but i am pessimistic too. im wired that way after being the most unsuccessful club in my lifetime and i'll be totally peeved if we go back to those days. I want sustained success. And i'm always keeping an eye on 2023-2026 as well. Thats why things like potentially losing jackson for peanuts, missing out on Mac Andrew, seeing drop off in defensive intent are slightly concerning. But i'l try to dial it back from now on in and be a little more upbeat.
People won't respect your opinion if you continually tell them how right you are. Maybe take a step back an realise the majority of posters on this board get annoyed with it and don't wanna hear it. People will notice it organically if it's true but constantly claiming you're this oracle that is the only one who knows anything without ever acknowledging someone else.

No one actually respects or listens to your opinion when you feel the need to tell them how you're better than them in every single post.

I'm done with this mate, it's tiring.

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
May has generally copped a few boos from the Brisbane supporters ever since that incident against Stefan Martin 5-6 years ago. It's usually only for the first few possessions before interest is lost (I imagine cause it's been a while).

Anyway, your mob made us look pretty silly last night absolutely pantsed us everywhere especially the midfield. Clearly a step above everyone if they bring anything like the pressure from last night.

Ahhhhh yes, totally forgot about that.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Good

Great team effort
Back on the winners list after a very shaky month
Loved Hibberds game on Charlie. He's the type that can carve us up. Hibberd stays in the team. Riv/Hunt might struggle to get back in
Viney is godlike when he plays like that. He does it once or twice a season. Built for the big games
Dogga stepping up. Was always going to get done in hitouts but as soon as he started to get on his bike he had a big influence on the result
Bedford looking dangerous up forward. Could be the attacking flare we are missing up front. Both his goals were top shelf and the small forwards all lifted
Harmes back to his tagging best. Neale looked bloody dangerous early and Harmes kept him very quiet after that
Lever back to his best. Easily his best game this year. If he can bottle that form then we are going to be hard to score against going forward

Bad

Ben Brown. Gets outmarked far too often. Needs to at least bring the ball to ground now we have a small forwardline. Not many other options, so have to persist
Goalkicking accuracy seems to be the only thing we struggle with when we are flying like that. A number of rushed behinds, but still an area we can improve in

Ugly

Fritta not dishing off to Trac. Had a weird game Fritta. Did some great things but did some mindboggling stuff as well. Still our most dangerous forward

1656313058895.png

Interestingly, five votes for Trac on Thursday. We mark him harshly, though I really didn't think much of his game stood out.

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Mate, criticism is good.
But when you're posting over the top Pessimistic bullshit about the team that's Currently Reigning Premiers and clear on top of the ladder, expect to cop some flak.

Imagine its the other way around and it's 2013, and I was constantly posting positivity, saying there's not much wrong with Dees and we WILL make finals. You'd think I was trolling and riling you up.

Everyone here has our criticisms of Melbourne, but we know we're watching the best Melbourne team of (most of) our lifetimes. like jesus lighten up a bit, we went through enough of that s**t already

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

I’m going to take this post by you as being in good faith.

So what if peoples views rile you up? Lots of people have opinions here and everywhere, they aren’t always going to be views you agree with. It’s one of the challenges of being an adult to smile and wave instead of throwing your food around and screaming.

Most of the people on this board are, like you, wired to think the worst. People react differently whether it be basking in the brief sunlight or going the other way to seek out issues in advance to cushion the disappointment if the wheels fall off. But I reckon let everyone do it their own way. They’ve earned it.

You don’t need to dial it back as such, like change your opinions. They are yours and go ahead and express them. And you don’t have to force yourself to be upbeat if you don’t feel that way. Be yourself.

The part where you might want to be a bit more careful is telling people they are wrong. Speeches about how you called it first etc. aren’t attractive, nor is telling people your analysis is better than theirs. And of course you would like to see sustained success. Who wouldn’t? Go ahead and post your views, however negative. Leave the pissing contest about whose opinions (guesswork) are better at home.

Thus Spake Proper Gander. Goodnight all

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I thought he was concussed earlier in the season, but it seems I was wrong.
Concussed last year I think - against bulldogs. This hear it was a pounding and some cracked ribs. At the time though I thought it was a head knock and concussion. Looked like it bloody hurt at any rate

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Concussed last year I think - against bulldogs. This hear it was a pounding and some cracked ribs. At the time though I thought it was a head knock and concussion. Looked like it bloody hurt at any rate
Has it affected his running capacity at all? Is he running the same distances as he was early in the season?

It does feel as though sides are putting a lot more work into Langdon. Not going to his wing as much and putting a semi tag on him some weeks as well. So he hasn't had the influence on games like he had earlier in the year.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Has it affected his running capacity at all? Is he running the same distances as he was early in the season?

It does feel as though sides are putting a lot more work into Langdon. Not going to his wing as much and putting a semi tag on him some weeks as well. So he hasn't had the influence on games like he had earlier in the year.
Yeah this would be my guess. He’s still running his usual million kilometres. But I feel like there was a game this year, against Hawks maybe? They did the slightly unusual thing of putting some tag effort into a winger. And it worked. I don’t imagine these things go unnoticed. So Ed is going to have to work through a future where he has to fight through a spot of tagging.

I’m not that worried though. I think he will work through it. Plus if our midfield works through its issues and plays more like they did against Lions from second quarter, then he will get some space because the taggers will be sent elsewhere

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah this would be my guess. He’s still running his usual million kilometres. But I feel like there was a game this year, against Hawks maybe? They did the slightly unusual thing of putting some tag effort into a winger. And it worked. I don’t imagine these things go unnoticed. So Ed is going to have to work through a future where he has to fight through a spot of tagging.

I’m not that worried though. I think he will work through it. Plus if our midfield works through its issues and plays more like they did against Lions from second quarter, then he will get some space because the taggers will be sent elsewhere
Yeah would be hard to tag him unless you can gut run all day. Maybe not being tagged but having a winger play a more defensive role on him and play a bit tighter makes sense. I mean he was getting 30 touches and kicking a goal and setting up a few more a game. Hopefully JJ can play more games like he did on the weekend which will give us two dominant wingers.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yeah would be hard to tag him unless you can gut run all day. Maybe not being tagged but having a winger play a more defensive role on him and play a bit tighter makes sense. I mean he was getting 30 touches and kicking a goal and setting up a few more a game. Hopefully JJ can play more games like he did on the weekend which will give us two dominant wingers.
Early days, but JJ is showing signs of being a revelation

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

So what if peoples views rile you up? Lots of people have opinions here and everywhere, they aren’t always going to be views you agree with. It’s one of the challenges of being an adult to smile and wave instead of throwing your food around and screaming.

Most of the people on this board are, like you, wired to think the worst. People react differently whether it be basking in the brief sunlight or going the other way to seek out issues in advance to cushion the disappointment if the wheels fall off. But I reckon let everyone do it their own way. They’ve earned it.

You don’t need to dial it back as such, like change your opinions. They are yours and go ahead and express them. And you don’t have to force yourself to be upbeat if you don’t feel that way. Be yourself.

The part where you might want to be a bit more careful is telling people they are wrong. Speeches about how you called it first etc. aren’t attractive, nor is telling people your analysis is better than theirs. And of course you would like to see sustained success. Who wouldn’t? Go ahead and post your views, however negative. Leave the pissing contest about whose opinions (guesswork) are better at home.

You’re a gem, PG. Very well said. Hopefully old mate takes that on board.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

I just want to point out that I had these concerns ages ago and was the first one to point them out. It’s a pity that posters such as yourself are only starting to come round to this now.

Not enough people use the ignore function. It’s a great way to avoid developing a tumour.
I'm guessing this is why you didn't see Dansters list management thread and created your own?

Back