2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why does this kid give me Harley vibes but without Harley’s work ethic and overall likeability?
Sign of a very immature mind to retort with the “how much money I make” line. For all he knows the other guy could be a millionaire.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
I wouldn't worry about Thomas, the Sun's aren't in a position to sign a player like him.

Let someone else like Geelong, or Richmond take the chance. We should be aiming for motivated seasoned pro's. I doubt he'd be interested but Gus Brayshaw would be ideal.

Bubba j

Debutant
Oct 8, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Thoughts on Paddy Dow? Might be worth a go would come cheap

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ouch

39AAAA6B-42EA-4B79-A129-829F701E29A0.jpeg

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Draft order as of right now..
8 ,26 and 44 are our picks

picks 30 tied to Pies position and 33 Freo’s position

And 48 tied to pies.

Need them to fall in a heap the next few weeks please

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Draft order as of right now..
8 ,26 and 44 are our picks

picks 30 tied to Pies position and 33 Freo’s position

And 48 tied to pies.

Need them to fall in a heap the next few weeks please

Surely we use our first, take the best couple of academy players and move everything else to next year to bank points for these two academy forwards that are going well? Walter and Reid (i think?)

Would happily trade the first for the right player too.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers

Natural trade partner would be the Lions if they need points for Ashcroft (top 3 rated player).

Consolidate a couple of our 2nd Rd picks / future pick swaps to get their 1st Rd pick and potentially a future 2nd/3rd round pick to help with next year's academy players.

Not opposed to trading a fair bit of the draft capital for the right player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Also after watching Sunday's game it was obvious that we were missing a good ball user out of the backline (Lemmens is good lockdown but will never be the player you want streaming out of the backline and Bowes is fine in space but not when the heat is on) and that we need a better key defender than Caleb Graham.

Liam Jones would be perfect for the next couple of years and give Mac a chance to develop.

If we get Buddas back for the rest of the year we will need that. Should be ok next year when we get Powell back and Weller midway through the year.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Also after watching Sunday's game it was obvious that we were missing a good ball user out of the backline (Lemmens is good lockdown but will never be the player you want streaming out of the backline and Bowes is fine in space but not when the heat is on) and that we need a better key defender than Caleb Graham.

Liam Jones would be perfect for the next couple of years and give Mac a chance to develop.

If we get Buddas back for the rest of the year we will need that. Should be ok next year when we get Powell back and Weller midway through the year.
It was mentioned on the Richmond board podcast that we are into Daniel Rioli

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams

Do you think Mac will be a defender long term? Between him and Walters/Read next year we could be well set for talls.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
It was mentioned on the Richmond board podcast that we are into Daniel Rioli

Not my personal preference but he is talented and has done well this year with the move to the backline.

I wonder where his best position would be long term if he played at the Suns - probably backline or wing?

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Do you think Mac will be a defender long term? Between him and Walters/Read next year we could be well set for talls.

I don't think he has played much forward so I think a defender long term is his go. May be more a 3rd intercepting tall than key position. Hopefully he can be both.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
I don't think he has played much forward so I think a defender long term is his go. May be more a 3rd intercepting tall than key position. Hopefully he can be both.
I thought he was drafted more as ruck? Any chance he goes back to that in a year or two when he puts on a bit of muscle?

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I thought he was drafted more as ruck? Any chance he goes back to that in a year or two when he puts on a bit of muscle?
Drafted as a ruck/utility. He genuinely could be anything with that size, athleticism and ball reading.
Reckon defender to start with as it will help him develop that ball reading a little more and make use of his athleticism at this early stage of development.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers

That would be the dream. Be great to have a ruck combo when Witts retires where Moyle could rest forward and Mac could play as a ruck and rest as an intercepting defender / tall wing

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
If i'm taking a tiger i'm paying for Liam Baker. Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back