2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Crisp has been mentioned in this thread. Otherwise it has been a fairly even contribution from Pies players. Tell us who from that side should be in the AA calculations?

Guess with the fullbacks being out maybe Moore comes into play haven’t seen enough there

No doubt Stengle is having a good season, but if it’s him or Bolton fighting over the one spot you need to go Bolton imo

Slightly less goals but he’s more damaging and offers more as a player, score involvements, clearances, contested possies, contested marks Bolton has Stengle covered

If Goals was the sole metric fair enough but it isn’t

Petracca's vote polling games (Up until last week) have also all come against weaker opposition sides, and even after Thursday's thumping of Brisbane I'm still not personally convinced. First 2 rounds were elite and since then has only chimed in against some of the weaker bottom 10 teams. Cripps starting to face a similar challenge.
The thing that’s killing Petracca’s chances (and killing Melbourne supporters) is his inaccuracy.

9.21 and another 9 that haven’t scored.

If he was running at even 50% conversion and had 20 goals to this point there would be no question of his position given he’s 8th in the league for possession, 12th for contested possession and leads the league for score involvements.

But his disposal has been horrid at times this year.

If he comes home strong with 10-15 goals in his final 8 games he will be very hard to overlook, but if he only adds another 3 or 4 goals I don’t think he’ll be in.

It’s been that sort of year for FB’s. Weitering missed half the year, May has missed a month, Andrews by default I have in there but who else is there?
I would look towards Freo both Pearce and Cox have had much better seasons

No doubt Stengle is having a good season, but if it’s him or Bolton fighting over the one spot you need to go Bolton imo

Slightly less goals but he’s more damaging and offers more as a player, score involvements, clearances, contested possies, contested marks Bolton has Stengle covered

One on the bench, one in the team. Bailey the other small.

I agree, but the poster mentioned scoreboard impact so had to point out the obvious.

Bolton>>Stengle

Bolton is better... Richmond's best player this year... /story

Stengle is the "bolter" who has got under the guard of opposition defences who are primarily concerned with stopping Hawkins and Cameron.

I know All Aus is a reward for single seasons, but I hate seeing flash-in-the-pan types being rewarded for a break-out year (unless they're having an UNBELIEVABLE year and cannot be denied.) Let's see how Stengle goes once opponents have worked him out.

It took Eddie, Breust, Cyril, Charlie and Milney a number of stellar seasons before they finally got the nod from AA selectors.
A number of steller seasons? Cyril got an all australian the very first season he kicked over 29 goals. and it wasnt by much. Cyril averaged only 1.7 goals a game the season he won his first all australian. Stengle is already at 29 goals and going at over 2 goals per game.

A number of steller seasons? Cyril got an all australian the very first season he kicked over 29 goals. and it wasnt by much. Cyril averaged only 1.7 goals a game the season he won his first all australian. Stengle is already at 29 goals and going at over 2 goals per game.
Different type of players. Compare the year that Cyril only kicked 29 to Stengle and Cyril had a better year than Stengle is having

Screenshot_20220628-141625_Chrome.jpg

LMAO

Cyril put his stamp on AFL footy from his very first season in 2008 when he was robbed of the Rising Star award. Played every game, kicked 24 goals and finished 6th in the B&F voting for Hawthorn's premiership team, and was a fly in the ointment on Grand Final day for the invincible Cats.

From the early rounds of 2009, it was obvious that Rioli was one of Hawthorn's match winners.
He was one of his team's best players in 2009, 2010 and 2011 but he suffered hamstring tightness and tears which curtailed his effectiveness.

Point being: he was a known quantity from his very 1st season. He gave the opposition coaches headaches throughout his first 100 games. 2012 wasn't a "break out" season for Cyril. It was simply the first season (since 2008) that he got a clear run at it without injury. Lo and behold, he earned his first All Australian jumper

I've seen you disparage Rioli many times before with idiotic posts about his goal average. You seem oblivious to the fact that Cyril was one of the most unselfish, team-oriented forwards ever who was happier setting up his teammates for goals than kicking them himself. His worth was not measured by his goal tallies. It was measured by his impact on winning games for Hawthorn with his brilliant 2 way play and contested work.

Is Tyson Stengle a match-winner? Would Geelong lose much without him? If you had to rank Geelong's players, where would he rate in relation to Stewart, Blicavs, Cameron, Hawkins, Duncan, Selwood, Guthrie, Parfitt, Smith, Tuohy, etc?

Crisp has been mentioned in this thread. Otherwise it has been a fairly even contribution from Pies players. Tell us who from that side should be in the AA calculations?
Nick Daicos on the HBF has comparable stats to Sinclair and Saad. AA selectors rarely reward a player after just one top class year, so Daicos is unlikely to get a final spot, but should at least be in the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the argument for having Hawkins in over so many years because of how many score involvements and goal assists he gets has no merit?

Or is it an argument you can use for Geelong players but not for others?

Would you go for the small forward with 28 goals, 19 goal assists, or the small forward with 36 goals and 6 goal assists?

I see your point and I agree but score involvements are a lot different to goals and assists. Sending a pass to a teammate in a paddock 20m to your right and 110m from goal can be a score involvement.

Nick Daicos on the HBF has comparable stats to Sinclair and Saad. AA selectors rarely reward a player after just one top class year, so Daicos is unlikely to get a final spot, but should at least be in the squad.
Even Dan Rioli is closer to making the squad than Nick 'I work harder than anyone else in the comp for one-two possessions' Daicos. Doesn't belong in the discussions.

Even Dan Rioli is closer to making the squad than Nick 'I work harder than anyone else in the comp for one-two possessions' Daicos. Doesn't belong in the discussions.

Zillion players off the HB line- Saad, Docherty, Blakey, just to name a few.

For Weiters it's half a year but for May it's a month?

Same thing both have probably missed too much but if Melbourne come top can see them going May. I don’t agree with it but it’s an awful year for KPD unless you take one of the Freo ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back