List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

When do we find out what Ashcroft will do ? And what is the prediction he will do ?
Not sure when the deadline is but I wouldn't expect anything official until after the season. As for predictions I think most believe he will be at the Lions, there was the usual media beat up about him 'wanting to stay in Victoria' but there was just as much in the same interviews that said he was still a Qlder at heart that somehow got left out of those reports. All his actions from attending our games, training with us and playing for the VFL team would suggest he's looking forward to joining the club

I've no idea what will happen, but it seems some people will talk themselves into worrying about anything. The only true thing is that nothing anyone on here writes will make any degree of difference.

Not sure when the deadline is but I wouldn't expect anything official until after the season. As for predictions I think most believe he will be at the Lions, there was the usual media beat up about him 'wanting to stay in Victoria' but there was just as much in the same interviews that said he was still a Qlder at heart that somehow got left out of those reports. All his actions from attending our games, training with us and playing for the VFL team would suggest he's looking forward to joining the club

Is he the best in the crop ? Choose us or risk going to North or West Coast ?

When do we find out what Ashcroft will do ? And what is the prediction he will do ?
_DSC9268.JPG

Then why don't we just let them recover instead of playing them injured?

Zorko says his calf will always be an injury he carries. Lachie said recently that last year he just couldn't get his body right.

Might not be big issues, just niggles that drop performance by a few percent, and a few percent less of those guys is still better than their replacement.

Resting might not make a difference without surgery, or might need complete rest. Problem with complete rest is you lose too much fitness and can't come back that season.

It's all a trade off.

Is he the best in the crop ? Choose us or risk going to North or West Coast ?
I think he's done enough to be firmly in the top 2 and probably number 1. Personally I don't think it matters who's down there, I think he'll be coming to the Lions either way, my opinion is based of interviews and the way he's handled himself rather than any intel though.

I've no idea what will happen, but it seems some people will talk themselves into worrying about anything. The only true thing is that nothing anyone on here writes will make any degree of difference.
It's just my gut feel that he won't nominate us. Probably my contrarian bent because we've spent so much time talking about it , looking to be depending on it.

Certainly doesn't worry me. One door closes....

But I really hope he does. He looks to have the talent to slot straight in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to get him up here and into the Lions Academy then.
He’s playing AFL - I’ll let you know when he’s drafted. He is a gun.

Oh god, why would you say that? I can't take it any more!

It's just my gut feel that he won't nominate us. Probably my contrarian bent because we've spent so much time talking about it , looking to be depending on it.

Certainly doesn't worry me. One door closes....

But I really hope he does. He looks to have the talent to slot straight in.
What a disaster that would be if Ashcroft doesn't nominate us and McStay and Lachie leave.

Not true, but I’ll give you a “mulligan”. I made several people laugh today. The entertainment and parody angle is a much underrated possibility on BF.

Its going to be great when news drops that Ashcroft has agreed to join as Father & Son, Dan Mc signs for 5 more at Collingwood and Lachie commits his future.;)
EFA

Brisbane Lions superstar ballwinner Lachie Neale is poised to sign a contract extension, thwarting any chance of a trade back to Fremantle.
News Corp can reveal Neale is in the final stages of a deal to stay at the Lions beyond next season.
Neale has agreed to a three-year extension which ties him to the club until the end of 2026.
Lions officials, including senior coach Chris Fagan, have been thrilled with his leadership and commitment to the program on and off the field this year.

Neale was already locked in until the end of 2023, but has all but recommitted this week to ensure he plays out his career at Brisbane.
It is a major coup for Brisbane as Neale briefly considered whether to return to Fremantle last year on the back of the pandemic for family reasons.
List manager Dom Ambrogio has struck the agreement with TLA boss Tom Petroro, keeping one of the competition’s best players up north to lead the club’s premiership tilt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back