Prediction Changes vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

We can’t compete defensively so let’s go all out on attack - our defence couldn’t get worse and the way we set up might actually be more suited to attacking players.

Darcy for O’Brien - O’Brien can’t read the play to save himself, is a liability with ball in hand, takes a couple of strong grabs but not nearly consistently and fails to kill a contest for the most part.

Gardner runs with Daniher (the only dangerous tall) whilst Keath & Darcy are instructed to play off McStay & Hipwood

Richards for Bedendo, release Croz & Bedendo as genuine intercept marking mediums.

Hunter in for his wing spot back in place of Scott, whilst Scott replaces McComb for the last spot in the side with the versatility to play everywhere. McComb is not needed with a nearly full strength list of small forwards now at our disposal - his skillset is just no longer required forward of the ball with Cody & West providing the grunt and JJ providing the speed & skill. He can be sub.

JJ & Williams must stay forward of the ball, we’re solving two big issues we’ve had for a long time with these two - let them settle into it, no need to send them back.

Darcy Gards Croz
Bedendo Keath Dale

Williams Libba Hunter
Sweet Macrae Bont

JJ Jamarra Schache
Cody Naughty West

Dunks, Daniel, Treloar, Scott

Yeah if the ball goes into our defence easily we’ll get wiped but that’s the case anyway - there’s no way to fix our defensive woes. At least with that defence we actually have some intercepting ability and speed that may actually suit our crazily aggressive approach. Plus one less liability with foot so maybe some better transition coming out.

Wow Dom!!! Yes great call from the club, hopefully straight in for Ed as he’s been spending a bit of time down there.

Maybe the call for two debutants from me above is a bit far fetched but at least one of my wishes has come true 😍

Edit: actually I’d say it’s more likely probably Williams goes back and he takes that spot. Either of Williams or Scott I guess, I think that’d be the wrong call though imo

Where will Bedendo play? Been excited about this kid for a while. Started as a half back but now seems like he’s been playing wing?

Where will Bedendo play? Been excited about this kid for a while. Started as a half back but now seems like he’s been playing wing?

He has established himself as a wing this season so I can't imagine that we'll rotate him to defence. Might be more of a high half forward role replacing Weightman.

I called it!*

friday-feels-jump.gif

*two weeks ago.

He has established himself as a wing this season so I can't imagine that we'll rotate him to defence. Might be more of a high half forward role replacing Weightman.
Played forward last year so should know our system pretty well in both parts of the ground

Hunter and Williams on the wings.

Hunter for Richards with Scott playing the defender role he did well in after Richards went off.

Other alternative is Cleary for Richards and either McComb or Scott for Hunter.

Believe it will be the first option but could also be the second.

Williams and JJ playing well further forward on the ground makes our forward connections work better so would not entertain moving them back.

Unless there is illness or injury no additional change.

If Weightman was to miss it would have been last week, provided he did not re injure his elbow he will play again this week

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scott’s been good lately. Would back to play the defensive role. Not sure Cleary can be trusted on the back of his recent outings. Was good last week from what we’ve heard, but he was pretty poor in his previous stint in the 1’s. Might need to see a run of good games in the 2’s. Plus as you say, the side probably starts to settle from here on in with more experience. If available.

Weightman an interesting one. Coaches mentioned he’d just had a quiet game, but it was worlds apart from the week prior. Hopefully not lingering injury issue. Guess we’ll find out this week.

I think we’re a massive shot this Thurs night. Just need to string a minimum of 3qtrs together where our pressure and work rate is high. Our systems rely on it so much. We’re still one of the best teams in the comp when we’re on, we just haven’t seen it for long enough periods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s put on a little bit of size in the past year, so it’s good he’s taken his game to a new level and now gets rewarded. Will be a good sample for him and the club to see what he’s got.

Out: Richards (inj), McComb (omitted), McNeil (medi-sub, omitted)

In: Hunter, Bedendo.
McComb, Cleary or Garcia as medi-sub

Bedendo 191cm, good leap. Will ruck at some point. Bookmark it, it's a Bevo special.

1616028017069_GSG36MTUV.1-1.JPG
Has already contested a few ruck contests in the VFL. Without much success I should add, but that's not always the point.
Just neutralising a contest and saving the legs of the number one ruck can be beneficial.

Done some good thing in the rezzies, but having watched a bit I would expect him to shank a few kicks. Hasn't quite perfected the art yet.

Any chance Bailey Williams gets dropped and DB takes his place?

I suspect Bedendo in for Ed on a wing with Scott taking a permanent role in defence.

Hunter should still come in for McComb’s role but maybe the club had a few metrics to hit before Lachie is evelated back into the senior group.

Scott’s been good lately. Would back to play the defensive role. Not sure Cleary can be trusted on the back of his recent outings. Was good last week from what we’ve heard, but he was pretty poor in his previous stint in the 1’s. Might need to see a run of good games in the 2’s. Plus as you say, the side probably starts to settle from here on in with more experience. If available.

Weightman an interesting one. Coaches mentioned he’d just had a quiet game, but it was worlds apart from the week prior. Hopefully not lingering injury issue. Guess we’ll find out this week.

I think we’re a massive shot this Thurs night. Just need to string a minimum of 3qtrs together where our pressure and work rate is high. Our systems rely on it so much. We’re still one of the best teams in the comp when we’re on, we just haven’t seen it for long enough periods.
Clearly pretty poor in the 1s???

Interested for other opinions on this but thought he showed heaps. He’s one I am very comfortable coming in to fill a role.

Interested for other opinions on this but thought he showed heaps. He’s one I am very comfortable coming in to fill a role.
He looked he belonged in the 1s and was very comfortable with ball in hand
I saw no reason to drop him and would get him back in the seniors.

Probably a little too mayo on his performance description. He wasn’t pretty poor.

I just think he’s still a fair bit away from holding down a spot and would be surprised if he came in this week. But that’s just my view in it.

I’ve rated him pretty highly, so definitely not hating on the kid. He’s got a good career ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back