Preview Geelong V North, Sat 2 July 2022 @ KP 7:25 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to test the “we won’t hesitate” to manage players…trading off being disrespectful, still 8 weeks to go after and need for % boost. But if they are true to the (constant) call out of resting then need to do at least 2 senior players for this game? Have a 5 DAY! Break to thursday night against melbourne. Followed by Carlton on a longer break. But two big games where we want to flex. So need senior players at full strengt.

Surely Hawke gets a rest (for Neale or Sav) but maybe also Smith (can move Holmes back to wing) and I would do one other midfielder.

Early pick (what I would do not what I think will happen. Will need to watch the social media this week before forming final view!)

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have at least one “sick” this week so to reduce the arrogant look of 3 managed

out. Stewart, Miers (ommitted) Hawke, Smith and one of Selwood/guthrie (3 managed or sick)

in. Stephens, danger, Rohan, Neale, Dempsey (Frank or Miers sub….I would get Miers a game in vfl)

to be honest we shouldn’t lose much against a North team…. Would then have well rested 3 great players back for melbourne.
ahhh 5 day break after this game. Good point! Pro active squad rotation

Now that we have won our 'June GF' i think we should double down on chaotic game style and look for some %. Chiparoo won't get it done in finals. Lets go chaos in this one. Look what happened when we were 17 down in the last against the tigers. We could score 150+ if we go all out attack. We need the chaotic gear in finals. Let's do it!

bulletproof

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Now that we have won our 'June GF' i think we should double down on chaotic game style and look for some %. Chiparoo won't get it done in finals. Lets go chaos in this one. Look what happened when we were 17 down in the last against the tigers. We could score 150+ if we go all out attack. We need the chaotic gear in finals. Let's do it!

We have been launching these impressive all out attack comebacks (many in vain) for at least 6 years and it has never been adopted as plan A in that time. I have given up hoping it will be.

I guess we saw it in Q1 v the Bulldogs.

I was actually going to go a hell of a lot harder.
People forget we were effectively dead in 98’.
But now we sit in an ivory tower and all is fine.
And the club in question saved us from extinction. Short memories.

And yes I missed the tigers game. Someone who is going through a few things asked to catch up so I didn’t hesitate to skip the game.

I won’t see this weeks game either. Oops.
Well! If you’re missing our game on Saturday then our review of the game vs the tassie roos better be thorough.

BOO BOOO what happen to the Tassie Roos? Humour is dead always one person that's offended very sad
It's still mentioned in the OP 🤫

Nov 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
This is our only opportunity to rest a few of the older / sore bodies with a 5 day break inbound.

The games following; Carton (looking at top 4), WBD, GC, STK are all playing for a position in the top 8. They will be tough.

It might be obnoxious but I would swing multiple changes. We have a lot of depth to give a run:

In: Higgins, Dahl, Sav, Stephens, Rohan
Out: Stewart, four players in need of a rest (Hawk and Selwood both look like they need one)

Kitcat

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
This is our only opportunity to rest a few of the older / sore bodies with a 5 day break inbound.

The games following; Carton (looking at top 4), WBD, GC, STK are all playing for a position in the top 8. They will be tough.

It might be obnoxious but I would swing multiple changes. We have a lot of depth to give a run:

In: Higgins, Dahl, Sav, Stephens, Rohan
Out: Stewart, four players in need of a rest (Hawk and Selwood both look like they need one)
Higgins must be a chance to play against his former club but I don't want him to stay in the team (unless he improves considerably).

Who do you think becomes the defensive playmaker with Stewart out.
With you go with Duncan in his 250th or Tuohy like in the finals last year?
Zac Guthrie

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
It's annoying that the West Coast game is the last game of the season, as that's the other remaining easier game in fixture list that we'd ideally be able to rest players for. The fact that there's a bye week right afterwards though makes resting players in that game counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back