List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So now we just need our Lyons replacement through the trade period? Easy.
Do we though, like I always encompassed Robertson as our long-term replacement for Lyons in the future, so maybe if he has a excellent pre-season next year and Lyons has an interrupted one, maybe it might just be a like for like replacement in the AFL team come 2023, with Ashcroft coming in as that additional player in our pure midfield heading into the future.

Pardon the intrusion on the self-flagellation going on in here, but the Herald Sun is reporting that Neale is about to sign an extension
lets-celebrate-dance.gif

In all probability Ashcroft will pledge to play with the Lions at the end of the year as I believe he has the ability to be playing immediately in the 1sts where he can probably play the wing role for us and transition to the midfield in a similar fashion to McLuggage.The reason why I believe Ashcroft will choose Brisbane Instead of playing in a poor side where he may struggle to develop his game is that at Brisbane he can play a role and improve his game over time. He will be playing in a club with a great culture and in all probability be playing in the finals for the next few years, he will have one of the best head coaches in the AFL, and next year he will have new state of the art training facilities and the opportunity to play with his younger brother in 2-3 years time.Oh and I forgot he is an ex Queenslander. Have I missed anything? Oh yes - What about the Gabba being rebuilt making Brisbanes home ground the best in the AFL.

Another good reason for young Ashcroft to consider committing to the Lions, developing his craft alongside Neale is something the lower VIC teams in his range of the draft can't offer.
Ashcroft did say he admirers Neale and McCluggage surely that helps him decide to pick the Lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be 33 in 2026

Like Simon Black, he doesn't rely on pace. His game is built around reading the play and being clean. I think he will be able to perform to a high level at 33. Might even play a year or two after that.

Doesn't mean anything. He's probably still going back to W.A at the end of this year, he's just looking after the club trying to make sure we can drive a better deal ;)
There it is...

;)

Pardon the intrusion on the self-flagellation going on in here, but the Herald Sun is reporting that Neale is about to sign an extension
You're pardoned.

Do we though, like I always encompassed Robertson as our long-term replacement for Lyons in the future, so maybe if he has a excellent pre-season next year and Lyons has an interrupted one, maybe it might just be a like for like replacement in the AFL team come 2023, with Ashcroft coming in as that additional player in our pure midfield heading into the future.
Yes.

Ideally we want to run Neale, Robertson, Big bodied two way running inside mid, and Ashcroft through the midfield. Clug, Berry and Prior on the wings, and Rayner rotating mid forward.

Yes.

Ideally we want to run Neale, Robertson, Big bodied two way running inside mid, and Ashcroft through the midfield. Clug, Berry and Prior on the wings, and Rayner rotating mid forward.
I would love that to happen as we all would, but I don’t think the club has enough salary-cap space to help fill that void in our team, otherwise we might have to sacrifice someone like Robertson in the future to bring that player along and I really think Robertson will be a better player and leader for us (come 5-10 years) then someone like Hopper will be.

Yes.

Have you watched much of Jaspa Fletcher briz, wondering if you think he would be an upgrade on those wings you mentioned... then there is always Harry Sharp if he develops well. Do you know much about the academy boy S.Brain, I can't find much about him online.

Official.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back