67622566.jpg

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Blacky was pretty average in his last couple of years

More than serviceable (and occasionally still polled Brownlow votes) in a very bad team and continued to set standards.

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL
Do we though, like I always encompassed Robertson as our long-term replacement for Lyons in the future, so maybe if he has a excellent pre-season next year and Lyons has an interrupted one, maybe it might just be a like for like replacement in the AFL team come 2023, with Ashcroft coming in as that additional player in our pure midfield heading into the future.

Briztoon beat me to it, but who is going to replace Robertson's spot if we take out Lyons?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news about Neale. Now we just need to pick up Ashcroft. You would have to think having Neale resigning helps. McStay leaving saves us a few dollars too. Very keen to retain Prior and Robertson long term.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Depends on how the club feels our best midfield would be, especially with Robinson most likely retiring at the end of the year as well, meaning multiple voids would need to be filled.

In regards to who would fill Robertson’s spot now in the future, most likely it would be Ashcroft given how highly rated he is but I personally don’t think we need another pure midfielder to replace that spot and maybe it might be Lohmann could be one that might help our F50 or Prior/Ah Chee if we need to improve our D50 work.

How did I get get quoted for something I didn't say???

Briztoon beat me to it, but who is going to replace Robertson's spot if we take out Lyons?
Depends on how the club feels our best midfield would be, especially with Robinson most likely retiring at the end of the year as well, meaning multiple voids would need to be filled.

In regards to who would fill Robertson’s spot now in the future, most likely it would be Ashcroft given how highly rated he is but I personally don’t think we need another pure midfielder to replace that spot and maybe it might be Lohmann could be one that might help our F50 or Prior/Ah Chee if we need to improve our D50 work.

It's less about how he is playing in 2026 and more about committing to the club, both in terms of influencing Ashcroft but also other potential draftees/trades.
Neale is our next Captain.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm definitely in the get Neale some help camp. Agree with many that Berry and Clugga are best for us on the wings. Clugga can run through the middle for maybe 20-30% of the time but his best work is done on the outside. Dev may or may not be up to it and Lyons appears to be really struggling.

It has to be a priority regardless of the McStay situation. The player we bring in doesn't have to be a superstar. We got Lyons for nothing, Hewett wouldn't have cost Carlton a great deal either. The player we target has to be a bigger midfielder with good leg speed.

Hopper is one that has been spoken about, I wonder if we could think of some others.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Have you watched much of Jaspa Fletcher briz, wondering if you think he would be an upgrade on those wings you mentioned... then there is always Harry Sharp if he develops well. Do you know much about the academy boy S.Brain, I can't find much about him online.
At work. Remind me tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back