Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pride of lions

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He is just not fit enough which is understandable with all the injuries he has had over his career, it looks like he has finally got his body right. Needs to get through the rest of the season uninjured and then have a massive off season... run run run Nakia, then see what he has to offer next year, if he wants it enough he can do it IMO.
I agree,I’m just not sure that he does want it enough. Hopefully he does.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Just my opinion….

AFL ready if needed now: Ah Chee, Fort, Lester, Matho - they all have at least some runs on the board.

AFL Capable this season if called upon: Lohmann, Madden, Cockatoo, Fullarton, Prior, Sharp - all have had some exposure with varying degrees of success.

AFL potential next year: Michael, Lane, Wilmot, Tunstill (had a taste)

AFL two years away if at all: HSmith, BColeman

Unlikely: ESmith, Uosis, McFadyen

Worth considering as a late draft/rookie pick if there is list space: Arnold, Triffett - I have liked what these two have shown. Abberley is probably behind them.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cockatoo has been a massive disappointment. It looks like he is just going through the motions and having no impact at all at reserves level. I wouldn’t be surprised if he pulls the pin at the end of the season, which would be such a waste of talent.

Was thinking this myself.
He just seems to idle around up and down the middle of the ground no intensity and doesn’t seem to find the right position. Is it just me or does he just not impact play because he’s always in the wrong spot?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I didnt see the game but just looking at the stats I notice the Magpies had a Noah Bradshaw playing for them. The same name as Daniels son. Anyone know if it was he or just a coincidence?

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He trained with Us during the Summer with Ashcroft and Fletcher
Thanks Blue yes I remember that I was kinda thinking is there X amount of junior players you can invite to play VFL. I would have thought we would have given him a run otherwise. Hate to lose him to another team if he is promising.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Thanks Blue yes I remember that I was kinda thinking is there X amount of junior players you can invite to play VFL. I would have thought we would have given him a run otherwise. Hate to lose him to another team if he is promising.
He’s a 19 year old overager playing in the NAB League this year. He’s doing very well, but not dominating or eye catching.

I’d have no problem signing him up as a VFL top up for next year, if he was happy to move interstate.

But the one area where our reserves is stacked with young AFL listed players, is the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He’s a 19 year old overager playing in the NAB League this year. He’s doing very well, but not dominating or eye catching.

I’d have no problem signing him up as a VFL top up for next year, if he was happy to move interstate.

But the one area where our reserves is stacked with young AFL listed players, is the midfield.
Bradshaw has been playing off Half-Back looking at VFL level it’s probably an area we need depth especially if McFadyen gets delisted like some on here have said

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Team sheet

Big game at The Burp is now even bigger with a couple of seniors spots now up for grabs. Looking forward to a dominant display from Ely Smith to thrust his name in front of selectors.

Do you reckon he would even be in the conversation for an AFL call up?

I'm not an avid VFL follower but I got the impression that Ely remains a fair way off the standard required.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Just my opinion….

AFL ready if needed now: Ah Chee, Fort, Lester, Matho - they all have at least some runs on the board.

AFL Capable this season if called upon: Lohmann, Madden, Cockatoo, Fullarton, Prior, Sharp - all have had some exposure with varying degrees of success.

AFL potential next year: Michael, Lane, Wilmot, Tunstill (had a taste)

AFL two years away if at all: HSmith, BColeman

Unlikely: ESmith, Uosis, McFadyen

Worth considering as a late draft/rookie pick if there is list space: Arnold, Triffett - I have liked what these two have shown. Abberley is probably behind them.

After tonight's game , I'd be moving Prior up a notch

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Team sheet

Big game at The Burp is now even bigger with a couple of seniors spots now up for grabs. Looking forward to a dominant display from Ely Smith to thrust his name in front of the selectors.
We are going to back up and drive down and have a look today. My son noticed Madden isn't listed in the team sheet - wonder if he's injured?

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Big chance for Terry, Dev and even Lohmann to grab Zorko's place for next week.
Same there's a back line spit potentially available. Wilmot or Carter could be an option (assuming Madden is sick). Or if Ah Chee stays back (he did well) then a utility spot is open too.

I assume Lester shouldn't come in for Rich as its a different role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back