Prediction Changes vs Lions

Sam Darcy flew up as well. Bailey Dale said that Caleb is crook and stayed down in Melbourne.
:eek: This game is sounding worse and worse all the time.

Unavailable: English, Daniel, B Smith, Richards, Duryea, Bruce, Wallis, Vandermeer, McLean (needs time in VFL), Hannan (ditto), Martin. At least 7 of those would be walk up starts in the seniors if available.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
:eek: This game is sounding worse and worse all the time.

Unavailable: English, Daniel, B Smith, Richards, Duryea, Bruce, Wallis, Vandermeer, McLean (needs time in VFL), Hannan (ditto), Martin. At least 7 of those would be walk up starts in the seniors if available.

It's going to take a big game to win, we're missing a significant chunk of our preferred backline.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So MD, Virgin Dog and BrisDog are all the same person?

I am slowly coming to the conclusion there are only myself and one other poster on here, and we just use lots of alts each.

View attachment 1435656
Hang on - do I sound like MD? I f**king loved Jongy and reckon Bailey Dale is our best half back since Rohan Smith!

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Team selection is a really weird crumbling hill that people are choosing to commit their Bigfooty Seppuku on.
You reckon we still lose the Geelong game if we pick a proper football team? Team selection matters big time, probably trivial which C graders fill the bench whether it’s McComb, McNeil, Roarke etc who gives a s**t - but team selection has lost us games this year no doubt about it. It’s not really forgivable considering the position we find ourselves in now

You reckon we still lose the Geelong game if we pick a proper football team? Team selection matters big time, probably trivial which C graders fill the bench whether it’s McComb, McNeil, Roarke etc who gives a s**t - but team selection has lost us games this year no doubt about it. It’s not really forgivable considering the position we find ourselves in now
I dont know. Like you, I am not privy to the machinations as to why the match committee select who they select.

What I do know is that the Bigfooty trope where posters say with absolute certainty that if player whoever was selected then we win to be laughable. There are way too many variables at play during any game for it to be a provable fact.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I dont know. Like you, I am not privy to the machinations as to why the match committee select who they select.

What I do know is that the Bigfooty trope where posters say with absolute certainty that if player whoever was selected then we win to be laughable. There are way too many variables at play during any game for it to be a provable fact.
Why certain players were picked we have no idea of course yet we can look at results. Obviously there’s variables but there’s variables in everything so we may as well discuss nothing I suppose?

I think it’s pretty fair that a lot of people here think team selection has harmed our chances of winning more games, if you’re not interested in talking team selection that’s fine but I’m not sure why you’re in a changes thread on team selection night then lmao

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Changes seem fine.

Will be interesting to see who goes back. My guess is JJ and Scott. Williams named at half back but I don’t think I want him playing back again
I would’ve thought our backline would be something like:

JJ - O’Brien - Williams
Crozier - Keath - Gardner

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Changes seem fine. Will be interesting to see who goes back. My guess is JJ and Scott. Williams named at half back but I don’t think I want him playing back again
I think it’ll be Scott & Williams back with Hunter/Bedendo/McComb as the wing rotation.

Daniel’s injury is a bit of a concern. Knee cartilege issues usually require some sort of surgical intervention.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That’s a lot of drive missing from our backline - really interested to see how we set up.

Don’t love Hunter & Scott on both wings, very very bland. Hopefully Bedendo spends some time there if Williams goes back.

Tbh I don’t want to move Williams or JJ back, and Scott doesn’t fill me with much confidence either but we may have to considering we didn’t pick Cleary or something

Back