MRP / Trib. Tom Stewart - Result 4 week match suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk about a conflict of interest. The amount of changes she probably made behind the scenes to benefit the Richmond FC and tear down the 17 other clubs would be mind-blowing.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

I must have laughed it off because you have completely lost me. 😂
And what about when Emmett Dunn was on the AFL Tribunal? Didn't hear you complaining of a "clear and substantial" conflict

You mean you are embarrassed by me revealing flaws in the system that are potentially working unfairly in favour of your club.

Don’t shoot the messenger comrade. My quest is to raise awareness of this issue here and inform people. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.
Can we rectify the flaw where we play our so called home game against you at your home city and stadium in front of 60 thousand of your fans?

or do you only occur about flaws that disadvantages your side.

Ok ,well intentional is open to who is interpreting it. when one goes for the man and not the ball it should always be intentional, otherwise players will be getting picked off all the time and it was be chaotic. And yes the players teams supporters are always going with their players intentions where not intentional

I do think it a bit more nuanced than that.

If you look at this Pickett bump on Dylan Moore at the start of the clip below. Pickett goes the man as you say and not the ball. But he executes what would be a perfectly legal bump if there was no head contact, given he ball remains within 5 metres. He contacts the body first then any head contact occurs. Wouldn’t it be wrong in an incident like this to grade it as an intentional bump to the head rather than careless? It would be very difficult to establish the head contact as deliberate in a case like this.

Pickett by the way was graded high contact, careless conduct and medium impact(this part is now automatic in the case of a player electing to bump and head contact being made, imo wrongly.). Pickett was accordingly given a week by the MRO, appealed to the Tribunal and the 1 week suspension was upheld. Moore was not noticeably hurt and not concussed. If you graded that intentional head contact - which it almost certainly wasn’t - you are rubbing a guy for multiple weeks for executing a legal bump with some incidental and accidental head contact where the opponent is not hurt.

I just think the question of intent should be considered and examined case by case personally.

And what about when Emmett Dunn was on the AFL Tribunal? Didn't hear you complaining of a "clear and substantial" conflict

Mate I used to whinge my eyes out about that I was fuming. 😂😂

Seriously, all people in positions like that should consider any conflicts. If the only conflict is created by the person having formerly played for a particular footy club - Dunne also played for Footscray - then I guess it comes down to how attached they are to the club in question. At a certain point you would draw a line and say the link is too tenuous between the person and the club, I doubt I would be any better and drawing that line than most. But close relationships with the current coach of a football club is way across any reasonable line for conflict of interest. And making decisions regarding a club whist being the CEO in waiting for that club as Hocking did is frankly ridiculous and reflects shockingly on him, pardon the pun.

Talk about a conflict of interest. The amount of changes she probably made behind the scenes to benefit the Richmond FC and tear down the 17 other clubs would be mind-blowing.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg
First one was making Geelong play their home game against Richmond at their home ground last weekend

If you look at this Pickett bump on Dylan Moore at the start of the clip below. Pickett goes the man as you say and not the ball. But he executes what would be a perfectly legal bump if there was no head contact, given he ball remains within 5 metres. He contacts the body first then any head contact occurs. Wouldn’t it be wrong in an incident like this to grade it as an intentional bump to the head rather than careless? It would be very difficult to establish the head contact as deliberate in a case like this.

Pickett by the way was graded high contact, careless conduct and medium impact(this part is now automatic in the case of a player electing to bump and head contact being made, imo wrongly.). Pickett was accordingly given a week by the MRO, appealed to the Tribunal and the 1 week suspension was upheld. Moore was not noticeably hurt and not concussed. If you graded that intentional head contact - which it almost certainly wasn’t - you are rubbing a guy for multiple weeks for executing a legal bump with some incidental and accidental head contact where the opponent is not hurt.

I just think the question of intent should be considered and examined case by case personally.

Clearly based on Richmond fans thinking this week that bump was graded as intentional, surely?

Agreed

Can we rectify the flaw where we play our so called home game against you at your home city and stadium in front of 60 thousand of your fans?

or do you only occur about flaws that disadvantages your side.

Our home ground is The Swinburne Centre. It has been forever, much longer than you clowns have been calling Pussy Paddock home. We don’t get to play any of our home games at The Swinburne, whereas you get to play 9 home games at Pussy Paddock. I don’t mind that we have to travel all the way from the revered Swinburne Centre to the MCG where you elected to play your home game, but then I am phlegmatic over such matters. 😉

But it seems Richmond fans aren’t the only ones with a persecution complex now… 😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our home ground is The Swinburne Centre. It has been forever, much longer than you clowns have been calling Pussy Paddock home. We don’t get to play any of our home games at The Swinburne, whereas you get to play 9 home games at Pussy Paddock. I don’t mind that we have to travel all the way from the revered Swinburne Centre to the MCG where you elected to play your home game, but then I am phlegmatic over such matters. 😉

But it seems Richmond fans aren’t the only ones with a persecution complex now… 😁
What a ridiculous comment. You home ground is where all your fans are and near where your players live. you also happen to play 14 games a season there. You havent played at punt road in fifty years.

Yeah I thought he was having an anti-Geelong troll.

But he’s been at it non stop for days, including posting long rants in the early hours of the morning….

What better time is there to post “long rants” than the early hours of the morning MM? One of my all time favourite things to do.

Please tell me you are not one of these boring campaigners that posts their long rants at 8am in the morning when any self respecting citizen would be drifting off to sleep. 😁

Last edited:
Yeah I thought he was having an anti-Geelong troll.

But he’s been at it non stop for days, including posting long rants in the early hours of the morning….
Days? Try years. Seriously

Mate, if you honestly believe that Stewart intended to bump Prestia IN THE HEAD, then something isn't quite right in yours.

He keeps his elbow in the whole time, doesn't jump, barely has time to take 2 steps from the moment Prestia taps the ball to the moment of impact and catches Dion just as he lands and Prestia has turned 90 degrees while in the air, leaving him in a more open and vulnerable position and looking away at the ball, so not expecting the bump. Had the shoulder not made accidental contact with Prestia's head, it wouldn't even be a free kick.]The ball was close enough for it to just be a bump in play.

IT. WAS. JUST. A. BUMP. Poorly executed, with a terrible result for Prestia and Stewart has copped his whack over it.
You mentioned false equivalency earlier and this entire post is a great example.

Can you show where your club requested to play home games at Swinburne when the AFL asks each club for their input into the fixture makeup each year cause I think you might be telling some porkie pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back