Prediction Changes vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Schache has been playing really well, and don't get me wrong, I am enjoying his turnaround. But Darcy named as emergency, boy oh boy thats exciting. Means he is very close, which could spell end for Schache. Pick and stick with English, Darcy, Naughton and Jamarra for the next ten years.

Tricky proposition now, quite a few important players out and they’ve got basically everyone they want available.

I personally expected this game to be a loss anyway, not because we can’t win but it’s just one of the lower percentage games given how strong they are at home. Of all our remaining games this is the toughest imo - other games against top teams are at Marvel, except the Swans and Geelong at their dung heaps and both of those are eminently winnable (if we get some injury luck).

Flip side is that a win against the odds would be massive and could spark a real run home. A loss would be expected and not an enormous issue.

Biggest issue with that defence is they’re all shaky with ball in hand apart from Dale.

Yep. If Brisbane have any sense they’ll send someone to Dale knowing he’ll be the preferred route out, Sydney did something similar to Sinclair at the weekend in the knowledge Hill was out so everything would funnel through him.

Spot the difference:

Brisbane bring in 2 of their top 10 players at the club

We bring in a debutant and a best 22 player after being out for over 2 months

Buku has to be sub from those selected I feel

The prospect of Bailey Williams coming out of defence with ball in hand might give me nightmares. If Dale gets a hard tag (which Brisbane would be wise to do without Caleb playing) I fear the worst. Would be a great game for JJ to move to the backline, but I know he's become really valuable up forward.

If Dale has a guy hanging off him and they let Gardner accumulate possessions, with Williams, Hunter, ToB etc trying to launch us forward...Oh man.

I think it's quite feasible that we see a game where our depleted and struggling backline is tasked with driving it out, then turning it over, and getting caught in highly undesirable 1 on 1s...On repeat.

Bev has a line through JJ in the backline so I know it almost definitely won't happen. But my god if we ever need a throwback, line breaking JJ game this would be it.

So Bevo's gonna troll everyone big time again tomorrow night.

I suspect Darcy comes in, and at the opening bounce Naughton, JUH, Schache, O'Brien and Darcy are all standing inside F50, Dunkley is the nominated ruck, and Sweet starts on the bench.

We'll win by 30+

I think Schache has been playing really well, and don't get me wrong, I am enjoying his turnaround. But Darcy named as emergency, boy oh boy thats exciting. Means he is very close, which could spell end for Schache. Pick and stick with English, Darcy, Naughton and Jamarra for the next ten years.

With our luck with injuries will English, Darcy, Naughton and Jamarra ever play in the same side ?

Wouldn't push JJ back. He is one of our best 3 small forwards and we just need to rely on our mids to beat them up on the inside. Freo and Melbourne got a hold of them and I can back us in to do it again.

Win the midfield battle, kick a winning score. Get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not devastated Daniel is out. Of course our ball use out of defence takes a significant hit. But against small marking forwards like Rayner and McCarthy he can be badly exposed.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night but I won't be devastated if we go down. We need to win 1/2 though. Would be fantastic to pinch this one.

Look forward to watching Bedendo on debut.

This is a very, very quick side. I wonder if we're just going to try and blitz them.

It will be interesting to see how we go with only 1 HBF at HBF (JJ is HFF). I usually see us playing at least 5 HBF, so this is quite unique. I swear we use to just recruit another one each year and play them on the wing just to make sure we had the full quota.

Midfield must protect the defence or the Brions smalls will kick 10+ between them. I don’t actually mind this tactic, as I think our forward line of: Schache, JJ, JUH, Weightman, Naughton & West; is a really potent setup. I don’t want to see too many minutes of midfielders in the forward line, keep them fresh from the bench and let that setup gel.

Sweet is going to have to be influential and keep himself fresh. I would rather him not enter F50 and just stay in the midfield or defence for the game.

Hunter & Williams are going to have to provide defensive cover and work hard back. Bedendo needs to be the high half forward opposite side from Schache. This would allow JUH and Naughton to play deeper and expose their defence.

I think we will kick ~115 but I am not sure that is a winning score. We shall see how well our midfield play.

Is Schache is dropped this week I am done with Bigfooty and the club
It worked.

Bevo made a last minute call to Caleb and said "Sorry titch, but I need to keep Shack in the side. We can't afford to lose BrisDog. Just tell them it's a knee or something. We'll fit you in next week somehow."

Sad to see Bitch Robinson dropped. He was so upset after last year's semi final that he accidentally insinuated on Twitter that we only beat them because of the umpires (whilst in the very same game clearly trying to claim to those same umpires that he touched a goal of ours when he was nowhere near it). Shame he can't get his revenge through the VFL this week.

Maybe Footscray can be his career Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back