Prediction Changes vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’ll be Scott & Williams back with Hunter/Bedendo/McComb as the wing rotation.

Daniel’s injury is a bit of a concern. Knee cartilege issues usually require some sort of surgical intervention.
No, i had it done and its a arthroscope to clean it up, easy peasy except I was vomiting when coming of the antiseptic :sick:

Any chance of Stevich playing for the dogs this week?
sad cry GIF

Any chance of Stevich playing for the dogs this week?
FMD is that the best you can come up with? Run away and enjoy your school holidays.

And enjoy your thread ban as well.

Brisbane fans almost rival Swhines fans for misunderstanding the rules of the game and bitching about umpires as an excuse for their team not being good enough.

Really adds to the experience of beating them in a big game (although I'm not so sure if beating Brisbane in an away final is really that big of an accomplishment given how regularly its done).

Brisbane fans almost rival Swhines fans for misunderstanding the rules of the game and bitching about umpires as an excuse for their team not being good enough.

Really adds to the experience of beating them in a big game (although I'm not so sure if beating Brisbane in an away final is really that big of an accomplishment given how regularly its done).
Anything to make themselves feel better about their team blowing home finals 3 years straight

Not phased that much amount caleb out. Yes good kicking skills but between him and Dale I am not sure who’s more unaccountable and poorer one on one.

Still 5 changes away from what I would call our 'best' side that we can put out now, for immediate success. English, Bruce, Richards, Smith and Daniel (Duryea as well but I reckon his year is done). As sometimes as rough as it is, Sweet, Ugle-Hagan, McComb, Bedendo and Scott (should be sub in this case) will probably have to make way. It's a very good (and experienced) side, I just wonder if we can ever get it on the park as we potentially charge towards finals.

FB Crozier, Keath, O'Brien
HB Richards, Gardner, Dale
C Williams, Bontempelli, Hunter
HF Smith, Schache, Treloar
FF Weightman, Naughton, Bruce
FOL English, Macrae, Liberatore
INT Daniel, Dunkley, West, Johannisen
SUB Scott

With our luck with injuries will English, Darcy, Naughton and Jamarra ever play in the same side ?i I've

With our luck with injuries will English, Darcy, Naughton and Jamarra ever play in the same side ?
I know it's a contact sport buuuut, questions have to be asked how the dogs are always in the top 5 teams for injuries.
What type of high performance team do we have?
Dr Zimmerman is flat out putting our guys back together.

Sad to see Bitch Robinson dropped. He was so upset after last year's semi final that he accidentally insinuated on Twitter that we only beat them because of the umpires (whilst in the very same game clearly trying to claim to those same umpires that he touched a goal of ours when he was nowhere near it). Shame he can't get his revenge through the VFL this week.

Maybe Footscray can be his career Grand Final.
I was at the Melbourne game last week and watched him very closely. He was 60m away from the ball carrier at times, waving his arms for them to kick to him.

When he kicked his 2 goals, he celebrated like Brisbane and hit the front, rather than being 6 goals behind. Not one team mate went to him.

He's cooked.

Daniel out probably meant Hunter was a must in.

With no Cleary in, means we have to move two of Scott/JJ/Williams back which isn't ideal IMO.
I still would have brought Cleary in so we only move one of those three as they've all found their niches in new positions.
Would have dropped McComb to accommodate Bedendo.

Anyway based on the selected teams I'm guessing we go something like this:
Backs: Keath, Gardner, TOB, Dale, Williams, Crozier, Scott
Mids: English, Bont, Dunks, Treloar, Macrae, Libba, Hunter, Bedendo
Fwds: Naughton, Schache, JUH, Weightman, JJ, West, McComb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel out probably meant Hunter was a must in.

With no Cleary in, means we have to move two of Scott/JJ/Williams back which isn't ideal IMO.
I still would have brought Cleary in so we only move one of those three as they've all found their niches in new positions.
Would have dropped McComb to accommodate Bedendo.

Anyway based on the selected teams I'm guessing we go something like this:
Backs: Keath, Gardner, TOB, Dale, Williams, Crozier, Scott
Mids: English, Bont, Dunks, Treloar, Macrae, Libba, Hunter, Bedendo
Fwds: Naughton, Schache, JUH, Weightman, JJ, West, McComb
Spot on, I don’t love the idea of shifting those guys who have found form there. The wings have been such an issue for us that we’ve finally sorted a bit recently, completely changing them again isn’t ideal.

Limited options though tbf and we maybe need Williams defence side down there this week, so long as it’s 2021 Williams though

Spot on, I don’t love the idea of shifting those guys who have found form there. The wings have been such an issue for us that we’ve finally sorted a bit recently, completely changing them again isn’t ideal.

Limited options though tbf and we maybe need Williams defence side down there this week, so long as it’s 2021 Williams though
It’s just going to be one of those games where we have to make do with what we have. English, Ed & potentially Caleb will be back next week which will hopefully push people back to the more ideal positions.

It gives Bedendo a real opportunity on the wing. A wing rotation of Hunter, Williams & Bedendo is really exciting with all offering really different traits if he can grasp the chance.

Wallis out for the year, no mention of Hannan

English (concussion): 1 week
Richards (concussion): 1 week
Vandermeer (hamstring): 1-2 weeks
Bruce (hamstring): 1-2 weeks
Parker (hamstring): 3-5 weeks
Duryea (knee) 4-6 weeks
Martin (shoulder): TBC
Wallis (foot): season

The big query this week seems to be who goes back to fill in the Daniel role.

Given the opposition and ground, I'm hoping it's Bailey Williams.

Lions small/medium forwards (Cameron, Bailey, Rayner, McCarthy) are all strong overhead and Williams will provide better coverage in this area than the other options being thrown forward (Scott, JJ, Hunter).

Although Williams seemed to lose a bit of confidence as a deeper defender, a bit more licence as a rebounder may be a nice balance for him

At the Gabba the ball can be moved very quickly between the arcs, so Williams as a rebounder could be a weapon as a pure metres gained/ run and carry and kick long option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back