No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norf's Will Phillips gets a second bout of glandular fever to follow COVID and the original bout. Gone for the year. Poor kid.

'Pretty tough': Second bout of glandular fever ends Roo's year -
'Pretty tough': Second bout of glandular fever ends Roo's year
Reckon he'll struggle next year too through no fault of his own.
One bout of GF is an absolute bitch to recover from let alone two, with a side helping of Vid to really cap things off for him.

Poor bugger must have crashed his car into a cattery filled with black cats and run over every single one to get the luck he has had - first he gets drafted to North and then all this health BS.
I hope his health and luck improve rapidly and both his club and team supporters give him the time he needs to fully recover and not ride him into the ground.

One bout of GF is an absolute bitch to recover from let alone two, with a side helping of Vid to really cap things off for him.

Poor bugger must have crashed his car into a cattery filled with black cats and run over every single one to get the luck he has had - first he gets drafted to North and then all this health BS.
I hope his health and luck improve rapidly and both his club and team supporters give him the time he needs to fully recover and not ride him into the ground.

i've got it! the poor kid is allergic to north!!!

Could end up being the best thing for him in an indirect way. The less footy he plays for this North team, the better he'll be as a player. He's a top 5 pick so will be on an AFL list for several years to come, whether that's at North or elsewhere, so will have plenty of opportunities to play for a team that is not one of the worst I can recall seeing in my quarter of a century living.

Wife had just gotten over a bout when I first met her. She had reoccurrences for years, gradually less serious.
Many years later, I got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. There are a lot of similarities between those and Hepatitis.
All bloody awful.
You may well be right about how long it takes. Especially if he ends up with Long COVID as well.

Melbourne just re-signed Clayton Oliver for 8 years.

Funny how signing the best player in the game to a nearly decade-long deal isn't that big of a deal when a Victorian club does it...

Funny how signing the best player in the game to a nearly decade-long deal isn't that big of a deal when a Victorian club does it...

I guess he's a couple of years younger, it's a year shorter, and there's a lot of these sorts of deals these days.

No one blinked when Heeney signed a 6 year deal for instance.

Swans broke new ground when we signed Buddy. First time since Lynch that a player was signed to such a long deal. We also surprised everyone as no one realised we were his preferred destination. Oliver signing for Melb isn't as big a story as Buddy coming to Syd

It is a big deal , been all over social media and the radio since it broke . Buddy was something else at the time .Some people take this hate too far

It is a big deal , been all over social media and the radio since it broke . Buddy was something else at the time .Some people take this hate too far

I'm not hating. I'd sign Oliver for 8 years in a heartbeat. I'm saying it shouldn't have been such a big deal when we did the same with Buddy. If you're signing the best player in the competition, you're obviously going to want them for the rest of their career, so it shouldn't be such a shock when a club offers a deal that will get them for the rest of their career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not hating. I'd sign Oliver for 8 years in a heartbeat. I'm saying it shouldn't have been such a big deal when we did the same with Buddy. If you're signing the best player in the competition, you're obviously going to want them for the rest of their career, so it shouldn't be such a shock when a club offers a deal that will get them for the rest of their career.
Rubbish of course it was a big deal , just about the best in the comp and leaving the powerhouse

Because we didn't do the same with Buddy.

Was awake and bored, so I thought I share my musings... as always, just my (very early morning) opinion (and is subject to change without notice!)

I reckon the next four rounds will pretty much decide the top 8.

In my opinion, there are currently 11 sides that could make it, with only Melbourne & Brisbane being guaranteed, with Geelong almost certain baring multiple &/or major injuries to lots of players or an almost unexplainable form slump.

This is where it gets really interesting cause all these sides play each other to impact the eight over the next four weeks. St Kilda and Carlton have really low %, so could be forced out of the eight unless they win enough games.

The suns & pies play each other this weekend, and I expect the Suns to win and Collingwood to be out of contention.

Freo v Port Adelaide is a big one... Port Adelaide have been solidly improving all year imo, and beating Freo could see Freo out of the top four, and back in the group fighting to cement a spot in the eight. Must win game for Freo! Go PORT!!!

My tip for the eight at the end of round 19:

Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong, Sydney, Richmond, Freemantle, Carlton, Suns

1656708779368.png

I work at a pub as a side hustle. We get quite a few notable AFL people in the door.

Here's how much of a mess North are in:
Key forward and 3 other players from said club spend 4 hours at pub on Sunday night
Several drinks, getting quite intoxicated, several trips to the bathroom in pairs
Key forward sits at the bar when bar closed and got talking to Dad of bartender who are North fans
Said key forward RUBBISHES other players and coach

Some quotes:
On Luke Davies Uniacke: "yeah 35 touches but they go to no one"
On Jason Horne Frances: "mate he's not even liked around the club, he thinks he's bigger then the club"
On Noble: "he's a development coach at best, he'll be gone soon"

Unbelievable. In public.

Makes you very fortunate to support Sydney.

I work at a pub as a side hustle. We get quite a few notable AFL people in the door.

Here's how much of a mess North are in:
Key forward and 3 other players from said club spend 4 hours at pub on Sunday night
Several drinks, getting quite intoxicated, several trips to the bathroom in pairs
Key forward sits at the bar when bar closed and got talking to Dad of bartender who are North fans
Said key forward RUBBISHES other players and coach

Some quotes:
On Luke Davies Uniacke: "yeah 35 touches but they go to no one"
On Jason Horne Frances: "mate he's not even liked around the club, he thinks he's bigger then the club"
On Noble: "he's a development coach at best, he'll be gone soon"

Unbelievable. In public.

Makes you very fortunate to support Sydney.

I mean, if you want good culture, those players would be the ones I would be trying to get rid of.

They are in the send in new board/Roos territory however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back