List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paracleet

Emotion is not going to get the job done..
Jun 30, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
If there are no suitable KPF just don't sell.

The Lobb trade can occur without getting Jackson across imo.

I think the hesitance for me comes from the belief that if a ruck forward is 80% forward and 20% ruck, their skillset should reflect that. I don't think Jackson's do. I think he'll be the best #1 ruck in the game.
Will he though? At his height he will need to put on a lot more weight to be effective as a no. 1 ruck anywhere other than centre bounces*. NN for instance is 2 cm 2 taller and significantly heavier and he got to that weight without really compromising his astonishing athleticism (and this is peak NN i'm talking about. Not the old and fat post 2 knee recos version)

Jackson to me has a wiff of B+ about him to me. Don't me wrong a B plus forward and ruck combined would be a very valuable player indeed, but worth a generational talent price?

*At the same point in their careers NN hit out count pg was double Jacksons current output and NN was playing second ruck to Cox at that stage. I know stoppage rates were higher in those days but that'd be 10/15% tops.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
If there are no suitable KPF just don't sell.

The Lobb trade can occur without getting Jackson across imo.

I think the hesitance for me comes from the belief that if a ruck forward is 80% forward and 20% ruck, their skillset should reflect that. I don't think Jackson's do. I think he'll be the best #1 ruck in the game.
Without Jackson, we need Lobb or we are playing Meek every game or getting killed in the ruck when Darcy rests. I'd only trade Lobb if we get Jackson or have another option if Jackson doesn't get to us.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Will he though? At his height he will need to put on a lot more weight to be effective as a no. 1 ruck anywhere other than centre bounces*. NN for instance is 2 cm 2 taller and significantly heavier and he got to that weight without really compromising his astonishing athleticism (and this is peak NN i'm talking about. Not the old and fat post 2 knee recos version)

Jackson to me has a wiff of B+ about him to me. Don't me wrong a B plus forward and ruck combined would be a very valuable player indeed, but worth a generational talent price?

*At the same point in their careers NN hit out count pg was double Jacksons current output and NN was playing second ruck to Cox at that stage. I know stoppage rates were higher in those days but that'd be 10/15% tops.
He’s playing behind Gawn. Pretty much the same as playing behind Cox in his day. Plus Naitanui was an athletic freak of nature, so kind of unfair to be comparing anyone to him imo.

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Without Jackson, we need Lobb or we are playing Meek every game or getting killed in the ruck when Darcy rests. I'd only trade Lobb if we get Jackson or have another option if Jackson doesn't get to us.
I would legitimately prefer to run Logue in the ruck than pay a ruck forward a million a year.

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
A
Yes I understand it will.be to us. But the west add something on top of that interview to make it look like WC.Today also they have the interview of Goodwin. First half of article Goodwin interview, then suddenly they describe Jackson grew up rolemodelling Nicnat etc etc... not a single word about Freo in both article.
But as you said it will be either long term with us or 2 years extension at Demons.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91509
why are you paying attention to anything written in the West Coast Australian

Wray27

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Logue is a swingman
Fyfe is a midfielder

Zurhaar makes Banfield and Sturt instantly irrelevant.
Fyfe needs to become the CHF one of the best ever( N Riewoldt) reakons he can be. He can play like Pav. Go into the middle for impact. He just needs to remember how he could kick straight once.

Last edited:
That is so disrespectful to the great TI Stephen Michael. I still don’t know if it stands for Thursday Islander or Ten Inches.
As the buddy of both TI & Roy, I'll allow it.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
ETaylor enters the thread

the-office-dwight-schrute.gif

Docker79

All Australian
Jan 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Meek contracted means I personally think we can push for more than a 3rd but actually think about what clubs would be willing to pay for him.
Adelaide: Not playing ahead of RoB and Strachaan shows promise
Brisbane: McInerney
Carlton: Just brought in Pittonet recently, not an upgrade
Collingwood: Need to offload Grundy, not bring in more rucks
Essendon: Possibly, but Draper probably too young to give up on
Geelong: Yes? But have Conway developing who they supposedly like a lot and have shown they really dont value the position
Gold Coast: Witts with Andrew developing behind him
GWS: Unlikely with Preuss playing decently but possibly. Definitely wouldnt value him too highly
Hawthorn: Just spent on bringing in a Meek type player, unlikely worth the capital to upgrade
Melbourne: Possibly if they lose Jackson, would Meek want to go there? How long is Gawn going to be around?
North: Most likely if Goldy leaves, would add culture and a plug'n'play player
Richmond: Happy with Soldo and Nank I'd imagine
Port: Just got Teakle and have like 4 rucks on the list
St Kilda: Maybe if they want Marshall to be a ruck/forward, would likely prefer Lobb
Sydney: Possibly given how injured their rucks are and the age of Hickey
WB: English
WC: Would probably be interested but these things just dont get done for whatever reason

North would be the only ones willing to pay a premium if they lost Goldy IMO and would probably want to use a PP to get it done
Pretty sure North are committed to Xerri and also brought in Coleman Jones last trade period... doubt they'd be chasing another ruck

Docker79

All Australian
Jan 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why do we need to bring more guys in? we have a great young list. Do you really want a KPF who can't kick?

Amiss and Treacy at least are true KPF who can kick. Treacy has to improve that still but he can play further up the ground anyway.

Why anyone would want a KPF who can't kick to save himself is beyond me. You realise the only grand final we've ever made, we lost due to atrocious kicking. I want players who can play their position.

Naughton was a KPB, who was great, but for some reason they've thrown him forward because he can mark the ball better than anyone else. Last time i checked though, a forwards job is to kick goals, not to spray shots from 20m out straight in front.
Naughton's set shot goal kicking is poor as you've noted but he still hits the scoreboard and contests in the air...3rd in total goals with an average of 2.7. Think most would want a player who can kick 50-60 goals in their team. That said, I hope Logue can be that player for us (but with the better accuracy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back