List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be an unpopular opinion but moving him on from North was 100% the right move.

His output is way down. Yes there's the obvious flag that he played a big part in on the day, but his body is continually letting him down.

Id say that's the real reason weideman hasn't been traded so far.

Will he see out his contract until the end of 2024?
That's the least unpopular opinion on this board.

His heart shouldn't be in his kidneys to begin with. Sounds more like botched DNA to me. Surprised Taz is still alive considering.

Well if it isn't my old friend Robbie McGart...

Laughable to suggest that a possible priority pick shouldn’t come before our first.

We’ve been putrid for near on three years.

GC got one only three years ago. Plus access to anyone under the age of 18 with a pulse who had ever stepped on a football field.

Bloody great call ZB. Really rate battle

Battle is a far far better target than McStay. Better all round footballer but isn’t getting hyped up because he doesn’t play for a top 4 side.

A KD trio of McKay, Battle and Corr gives us flexibility and intercepting potential. Battle is a beautiful mark of the footy. Also gives us genuine flexibility because Battle can move forward. Walker & Dawson improve our KD depth.

Offer Battle a big front loaded contract and take him in the PSD.

Laughable to suggest that a possible priority pick shouldn’t come before our first.

We’ve been putrid for near on three years.

GC got one only three years ago. Plus access to anyone under the age of 18 with a pulse who had ever stepped on a football field.

GC are the AFL’s love child they are going to get concessions out the wazhoo in order to make them more competitive, we however are the Redheaded stepchild who deserves a beating just for putting their hand out at the table for a few crumbs.

If we fall over the AFL gets their way and we end up with North goes South as Cowros if it leads it bleeds headline.

Perfect age too.
Shame we've got bugger all draft picks to facilitate the trade.
If we get the draft assistance that is required to partly save this list, some sort of combo of:

- pick 2>Baker, pick 10 + exchange of later picks: This may land us a Busslinger or Lemmey. That rates Baker at about a pick 15 which for what he would bring, could be a steal. You can't fault his endeavour, preparation, attitude, leadership and ability to kill 50/50 contests. I don't that Richmond would let him go for that though. Apart from consistency, a lot of what Baker brings are the intangibles of the game. He just gets it. He would be up there as one of my top 3, non-North players out there.

We can still pick up our desired player at 1, weather that is Wardlaw, Sheezel or Phillipou.

Walk away from the draft with a playmaker to run on the wing or HB, a KPP and a completely solid, experienced premiership player and Harvey.

If we end up with picks 1+2, I think the most bang for buck lies with trading out for players who can provide leadership and fill an important role. This and converting high picks into multiple firsts and aiming for 3 top 25 picks.

Of course, this is all just fantasy. North is a long way off having enough pull to land established guns.

Last edited:
With our PP this year we should make a play for Tim Taranto who wants to come home . Or offer a future 2nd for Bruhn who also wants to come home .
Both > than Jy or Jed as genuine midfielders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got this dream about buying some land
He's gonna give up the booze and the one-night stands
And then he'll settle down
In some quiet little town
And forget about ev'rything
We're getting an Irish recruit named Jerry?

Is GoDees Toby Bedford out of contract at end of year ? has shown a bit for a fringe dweller there

Yerrrss I know....
angry greys anatomy GIF

This is the type of deal I think we can make happen. Would prob be pick 1 though, but I’m still ok with that.
Tarranto, Bruhn, Busslinger with two picks would allow us to offload a surplus midfielder or two..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back