Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the Editor: Recent media reports imply there is an increased pressure on Adelaide’s metropolitan emergency medical system which has resulted in additional ambulance ramping and consequent industrial action.1,2,3 We collected a novel dataset of emergency department (ED) capacity state observations at 30‐minute intervals from the public South Australia ED Dashboard4 to investigate the claims of increased pressure. The dashboard uses a traffic light system to indicate ED busyness.

View attachment 1436241

Mr Andrews said the health system was "under enormous strain at the moment, and that is a direct result of the pandemic".

He said that just before the pandemic, Victoria "reported our very best ambulance response times ever".

"We repaired the damage that others did, and we will repair the damage that this virus did as well."

Sounds like a load of bullshit.
Who are the other's he is talking about, if he's been in power for so long???
The article states that the study showed 70 preventable deaths in 2018.

I'd like to see 2015-2022 figures.

Mr Andrews said the health system was "under enormous strain at the moment, and that is a direct result of the pandemic".

He said that just before the pandemic, Victoria "reported our very best ambulance response times ever".

"We repaired the damage that others did, and we will repair the damage that this virus did as well."

Is that really you, CM86 ?

Yeah not too sure mate but I highly doubt he’s going to accept blame. Not many people are going to go back and research in order to hold him accountable.
Why would he accept blame if barely anyone asks questions?

"We repaired the damage that others did?" WTF does he mean? He was Health Minister between 2007 and 2010, and has been Premier since 2014. Oh, of course, all the pre COVID damage happened between 2010 and 2014

I find it more staggering that nobody in the media replied with “oh but hang on… (and listed the above)”.

Just accepted the answer and moved on.

And what will the opposition do? Send out a lame ass tweet calling him a liar.

Appreciate the honesty ;)
To be fair, I don't know enough about it yet, and haven't been able to find more information.

So far, it shows that it was bad before covid. The articles point out it was getting worse before covid.
Andrews has been quoted as saying he fixed it before covid, and that it was destroyed by 'others'.

Just on that, it's a bullshit cop out, and he should be held to account.

If it turns out that it's outliers, or that it was vastly improving for the last 10 years, or there was an upward trend before covid etc etc. That relays different information.

As is, the system sounds broken, too many people are dying, and a mythical 'other' is being blamed. While praise is being taken for something that doesn't sound like it was fixed.

There's a patient at the moment who's called 158 times in the past month.
I think I know him but if the one I’m thinking of has actually had zero transport to hospital (gets virtual ED deescalating anxiety which causes chest pain)

I think I know him but if the one I’m thinking of has actually had zero transport to hospital (gets virtual ED deescalating anxiety which causes chest pain)
A different pt, but I don't believe they've been transported either. But still it's roughly an hour where we can't respond while at scene, although I'm not sure how many times we've actually attended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to point out issues with the proposal to reduce it to 15 minutes
  • local ambulances register time of arrival to hospital (and in a few cases time of turning onto street leading to hospital)
  • there can be multiple present at once awaiting triage
  • patient only “exists” once triaged
  • many patients are trolley dependent due to comorbidity these are difficult to offload
  • some hospitals deliberately undermine offload with goal of discouraging ambulances (particularly now that geographic boundaries have been suspended)

When I load the link it gives a letter with someone responding with SA data (vic lack such a real time database currently). It also limits full article to subscribers (so will try to look when not on mobile)
Yeah, clearly not THE article. Looks like MJA has had an ongoing national study going for some time, but what is being reported today relates to VIC and specifically references 2018.

The antivax/lockdown crew blend into one after a while.

Eddie, Bruce, FK, Evolved maybe?
I am the latter but not the former. Triple vaxxed here mate, even had my first ever flu vax recently as the GP convinced me.
Send me a PM if EDC rings a bell.
The troll side of me wanted to say "yeah that's me, give me a spontaneous hug without warning tomorrow!"
But it's not me. Give that dude a hug anyway if you think he's chill.

What is in it for the consortium that bought part of VicRoads? Seems to be all these positives like free licenses for learners and probationary drives but there must be something in there for the company to get a benefit out of it. Otherwise the government has pulled off the deal of the century

What is in it for the consortium that bought part of VicRoads? Seems to be all these positives like free licenses for learners and probationary drives but there must be something in there for the company to get a benefit out of it. Otherwise the government has pulled off the deal of the century
Makes no sense to me unless the government is paying them like the "privatised" public transport network. Why a 40 year contract? Why not a shorter contract to test out the arrangement,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back