Game Day Lions V Dogs Gabba EOFY 30/6/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our porous defence seems less to do with any given players' shortcomings and more that our entire defensive unit's modus operandi is to be attacking-minded, and our ruck is basically a standing log in defending opposition clearances.

English and Richards back next week is a starting point for a much more balanced team, and we should certainly give another look at Cleary.

Who do you suggest?
JJ - not a lockdown defender.
Dale - not a lockdown defender.
Crozier - not on current form.
Williams - not quick enough.

Maybe Scott should have feigned injury and we tried Garcia?
i dont know but one little shove and he's 2 metres away from him.

Who do you suggest?
JJ - not a lockdown defender.
Dale - not a lockdown defender.
Crozier - not on current form.
Williams - not quick enough.

Maybe Scott should have feigned injury and we tried Garcia?
Sorry JJ has played on Betts and done a job in the past, he can lockdown it’s just he used to be too valuable as an attacking threat to do it.

Our options are limited by JJ was definitely an option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God even if we had Rance at full back, Can’t help But think he’ll still be out of position a lot of the time.

I wonder when Bevo will concede, if ever, that backing off the mark has been a major factor against us this year.

Every. Single. Game. We concede territory in every single oppo chain of possession.

Gives the opposition so much time and ability to see targets up the ground. It’s astounding.

It's like we have half a magnificent, premiership winning team, balanced out by half a team of plodders. That's probably unfair, but our depth looks very ordinary. I remember in 2016 when we had injuries, but someone would come into the team to play their role with aplomb. We've got to perform a bit of bold surgery on this list at season's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back