Autopsy 2-men down on the bench Brions spank Dogs 108-67

Remove this Banner Ad

Such an insipid performance tonight, too many key players out exposing lack of depth.

There's always next year

Great to see both sides hanging out and chatting after the game. Seem like both teams really get along. Great to reinforce that it’s just a game.

Bad luck doggies - on to next week! 😁

that's all folks GIF by Space Jam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** you Beveridge, and your ****ing stupid territory concession on the mark. It wasn't the deciding factor, but WTAF does it achieve, you pillock?

There, glad I got that off my chest.

As to everything else, a largely sh1tful performance. Even with players back, finals are a pipe-dream.

**** you Beveridge, and your ****ing stupid territory concession on the mark. It wasn't the deciding factor, but WTAF does it achieve, you pillock?

As to everything else, a largely sh1tful performance. Even with players back, finals are a pipe-dream.
Other teams have adapted to use it now too the difference is they push forward and attack straight away as soon as the ump calls play on

+7 inside 50s
+15 clearances
+9 contested possessions
Yet….
-41 points

* off. What a ******* disaster.

Bevo can sit on the bench and look animated if he wants, but we are consistently losing games through team selection and game plan. It’d be boring if it wasn’t so ******* frustrating.

The umps definitely wanted to patch things up with the Lions but that kind of stops being worthy of mentioning when you get smashed.

We have no choice but to play super aggressively because our backline is shot. We could play more traditionally and try and compete in 1 on 1s but we'd get hammered that way. Against weaker teams we put up 120 and win. Against top 4 teams on their home deck it's likely to backfire as it did.

Too many VFL calibre players too. But we're stretched thin.

I think the outs we've had and the backline we've created have ensured we'll pretty consistently lose to top 8 teams this year. We could scrape in but we don't have anything close to the makings of a premiership backline and would likely get bundled out early.

We could beat Sydney and Geelong away and this game doesn't quite matter as much but if Caleb is missing more time I think the team has reached it's ceiling for the year.

Won the clearances, contested possessions and inside 50s and lost by 7 goals.

Conceding 120 marks in the way we did with easy chip kicks right through us all night long just cut the knees out form under us tonight.

Defensive structure is poor right across the ground and composed sides expose us over and over again.

The second half was atrocious.

Forward entries and converting shots was absolutely laughable.

Our defensive issues were again on show for all to see. Yes we have some injuries down there but if we have to go with Scott as our lock down defender on the most dangerous opposition small that’s bad list management.

We got killed by transition again, the zoning off the mark adds to this as you give teams the ability to move you actually encourage them to play on and move quickly by doing it.

Schache did what Schache does good game followed by shouldn’t be on a list game.

McComb just enough please.

Some positives.
JUH is growing apart from goal kicking was probably his best game so far, good kicking and great hands.

Positives - West is every bit his father's son. Tried hard and deserved that goal at the end.

Negatives - just a really poor performance with the opposition being two players down.

Scott wasn't even that bad on Cameron but our defensive structure was non existent at times.

Agree ""stupid territory concession on the mark""

Should follow Geelong's lead -- pressure on the ball carrier at all times

Send the other half to me. I'm bloody starving mate. My wife will only let me eat grapefruit and asparagus until I fit into the new shirts she bought me.
Get rid of the wife, tear up the shirts and enjoy a pizza! Life is too short :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back