Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerls had a fierce determination about him like none you’ve ever seen. He epitomized everything about the old blood ‘n’ guts style of footy.

In a sign of how the game has changed over the years, he was the boundary rider for AFL games in the early days of the Crows. One night he interviewed Daryl Hart, who was a Crows assistant coach at the time. They were both the same height. Hart had been a rover, Kerls had been a ruckman.
He wasn't a ruckman, he was a ruck-rover, big difference.

Charlie Cameron was contracted too from memory :(

Notice both coaches spend a fair bit of time coaching from the boundary. Too cold for Nicks to leave his box and get into the players faces.

Yeah we did. Give him the money he wanted and is worth.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Look it made sense to sign on for a longer term an aging Eddie than have a younger exciting small forward with so much more potential.:think:

You dont need them. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bay62

knuckles-premiership-westies-jpg.1436104

Do you go back that far?

What a career in football. Wow.

View attachment 1435972
What I find amazing about his career was the amount of times he changed club as a player and as a coach.
Back in those days, loyalty to a club was a big thing.
I reckon it would have taken a lot of courage to do that back then. It was widely frowned upon changing clubs.

What I find amazing about his career was the amount of times he changed club as a player and as a coach.
Back in those days, loyalty to a club was a big thing.
I reckon it would have taken a lot of courage to do that back then. It was widely frowned upon changing clubs.
Pretty certain that even after winning flags with South and Westies in the 60s, he had conflicts with management and that was the main reason for leaving.
Jack Oatey left Norwood after 3 flags due to some kind of internal clash as well, so it wasn't unheard of.

Look it made sense to sign on for a longer term an aging Eddie than have a younger exciting small forward with so much more potential.:think:

You dont need them. :drunk:
Genuine question, and I think the answer might be different today than it was 6 weeks ago, but would people prefer Cameron or Fog going forward?

We would never have had both.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Genuine question, and I think the answer might be different today than it was 6 weeks ago, but would people prefer Cameron or Fog going forward?

We would never have had both.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Charlie is an elite small forward, so you would take him over Fogarty.

The question is a bit more complicated as had we had him in 2018,19 he may have helped us break into the 8. However, is a need for now?

Charlie is 27 and Fogarty 22.

With Fogarty there is the assumption that his trajectory suggests he could become a good forward for us, when we are potentially competing for a flag in 5+ years time.

The easy answer is to take Charlie as he is 100% known quantity that is elite. But he probably has another 4-5 years left only in him.

Charlie is an elite small forward, so you would take him over Fogarty.

The question is a bit more complicated as had we had him in 2018,19 he may have helped us break into the 8. However, is a need for now?

Charlie is 27 and Fogarty 22.

With Fogarty there is the assumption that his trajectory suggests he could become a good forward for us, when we are potentially competing for a flag in 5+ years time.

The easy answer is to take Charlie as he is 100% known quantity that is elite. But he probably has another 4-5 years left only in him.
The other factor was managing a tight salary cap at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back