Autopsy 2022 Round 16 - GWS Giants vs Hawthorn, Sunday 3 July, 3.20 pm @ Giants Stadium

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Ward, Haynes, Wehr, Ash seems the obvious 4 choices off the bench

That’s who Leon would pick. Will MM pick on form or reputation. Sproule or Derkson should play as 3rd tall forward.

Haynes just isn’t playing well enough at the moment.
I'm with JC100, HH to play back in the interceptor role, Haynes to miss for Derksen to debut as the third tall: Hogan-Riccardi-Derksen.

So IC would be: Derksen-Ward-Ash-Wehr.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
That’s who Leon would pick. Will MM pick on form or reputation. Sproule or Derkson should play as 3rd tall forward.

Yeah Haynes hasn't been up to standard but that's who I think they'll pick, would be cool to see Derksen play

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Not much left in terms of possible players to be added

No MDB so maybe concussion or a run in reserves for fun
So many talls and wet for the weekend, Hamilton would have been a good inclusion
No Preuss so maybe his ankle isnt 100%

A few will be happy to see Brander running around in the early game

Hopefully Flynn can get through the game and provide a contest for Reeves as he could be the difference in the game, Reeves dominates if Flynn struggles and Hawks win so Keefe could be in the 22 as back up ruck and also a difficult match up for the short Hawks defenders

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS

Surely Haynes, Idun and Davis as our forwards and no ruck? That’s got to be the move??

Fortunately Brent Daniels will be back soon so our ruck woes will be solved, the jumping will be good for his strings 👍

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Frustrated by these team selections. I think they are not putting our best team on the park.

It is what it is.

We're rebuilding, and the powers-that-be are more interested in working out who's best suited to the new game style and who isn't.

We'll have a very different list next year.

Spacedog

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely this is the week that Himmelberg plays forward? Or are Haynes and Keeffe going to be there instead?

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Surely this is the week that Himmelberg plays forward? Or are Haynes and Keeffe going to be there instead?
TBH, I have no idea. Which is why I'm very frustrated by the team selections.

However, given reports of Haynes training forward, I would expect that Hogan & Haynes are the forward; with Keeffe & Flynn rotating between ruck and resting forward. Taylor, Davis & Himmelberg to play back.

:mad:

In2theWild

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2009
He said your Laidler and I'm Puopolo!!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Sabres!Anti-Palace Gun wank
Excuse the interruption GWSers Hawks member here flying into Sydney tomorrow to catch the swim meet.
Are any of the GA sections undercover and if so does it matter which gate I grab a ticket from? This Melbourne boy is not keen on copping a soak.
Any tips appreciated. 👍🏻

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Excuse the interruption GWSers Hawks member here flying into Sydney tomorrow to catch the swim meet.
Are any of the GA sections undercover and if so does it matter which gate I grab a ticket from? This Melbourne boy is not keen on copping a soak.
Any tips appreciated. 👍🏻
Sorta depends which way the rain is coming in but the Cheer Squad end (opposite the scoreboard end) is probably the best option for GA.
There's only one ticket office outside the ground so it's easy enough to ask them for advice on the day.

How’s the weather looking?? Is it as grim as been reported in last 24 hours or could the rain not be as bad come game time??
Flash flooding alerts across Sydney and rain is set in for the day (upto 150mm today alone), junior league ground across from my work is looking more like a lake

Back