Preview Round 16 changes v Cats @gmhba Saturday night July 2nd

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got goater busting his balls for a debut yet we play atu again ffs

Mate I don't watch VFL so I have no idea if he is ready or not, but sure hope he takes his chance when he gets it.

Atu has been so bad this year I can't believe he is playing again (but then I can, because our list is completely *ed).

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Why is Atu now in front of Perez?

I cannot understand this at all.

If Perez is fit he surely plays in front of Atu?

Seriously, the selection this year has been infuriating.

Players I'd play in preference to Atu:

Goater
Perez
You
Polec
RossHenshaw
Coleman-Jones (as a small defender)
Bosenvulagi

Sorry Atu.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got goater busting his balls for a debut yet we play atu again ffs
I think the worry is goater getting bergman'd by bigger bodies. Our track record when blooding first year players and them getting long term injuries is quite abysmal.

We're not the best club at reducing the risk of hospital kicks/handpasses either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Are they trying to disquiet the rumours of an unhappy playing group? They’ve posted a few of these recently.

"Ok cameras are off now boys, as you were"

1656652273836.jpeg

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Hilly …. Have u asked yourself “It all can’t be bad luck to injury “ by now ?
This guy has officially taken over T Garner as our most unreliable injury stricken player …
(I guess , That means he still has another 8-9 years to go on his contract then 😊👍)

Some players are injury prone for whatever reason. If his diet and/or preparation isn't up to scratch then that's disappointing but otherwise I'm not sure how he could be at fault.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why is Atu now in front of Perez?

I cannot understand this at all.

If Perez is fit he surely plays in front of Atu?

Seriously, the selection this year has been infuriating.
Play Atu now as his gone next year as no one will pick him up only way Atu stays at North is at VFL Level.
As for Perez with different coaching can see him being a starting 18 player next year in a better stronger backline next year.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Play Atu now as his gone next year as no one will pick him up only way Atu stays at North is at VFL Level.
As for Perez with different coaching can see him being a starting 18 player next year in a better stronger backline next year.
That seems… counterintuitive?
Why would you play someone who 1) isn’t going to have any trade value, and 2) doesn’t have a future at the club?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Why would you play someone who 1) isn’t going to have any trade value, and 2) doesn’t have a future at the club?

It's playing chess with opposition list managers. They'll come knocking for our fringe player and overlook the young emerging gun.

Actually that strategy only works with North Melbourne.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hmm. More continuity at the development level for other players, so you don't ruin the confidence of a player you actually want to persist with, for the lols.

IDK. I think the logic fits for the sub, but not really starting 22.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are so many things that we do ******* horrifically that the Geelongs and Sydneys of the comp generally nail, and selection is one of them. Atu over Perez. Baffling. I'm so ******* sick of our incompetence

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't have an issue with atu over perez. He's come off 2 knee recos. May be managing him slightly - which is easier to do in the VFL.

Also, perez has been okay but nothing to write home about. I'd rather send him back, get some confidence and then come back in. Better than riding him into a confidence spiral like we did to mahoney.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's playing chess with opposition list managers. They'll come knocking for our fringe player and overlook the young emerging gun.

Actually that strategy only works with North Melbourne.

And bloody hell it's working well isn't it.

Plus we give away/undervalue quality senior players at the same time.

Genius.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
And bloody hell it's working well isn't it.

Plus we give away/undervalue quality senior players at the same time.

Genius.
It will turn around. There is real talent on that list but so many are really inexperienced.

I’m glad you ended up hanging onto Goldy. One of my favourite players in the league. I went to a couple of North matches this year with a Roos-supporting mate and in both games he delivered an absolute masterclass.

Back