Preview Changes v Adelaide Round 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not fussed. If he helps us win another flag he can go with my blessings. So long as he doesn't become the type of player to play soft and protect himself cause he has a big contract on the cards im fine with it. (I dont think hes that type of person however)
Plus we will get compensated and have 600-800k spare in the salary cap. Could easily go and target a big free agent or trade with the picks we get.

ngl i'm scared of Rory Laird. That little man is a ******* superstar

If Jackson is leaving it’s weird for him/his manager to be sharing stories about Oliver re-signing on socials.

Not really, all the kids these days are like that.

If Jackson is leaving it’s weird for him/his manager to be sharing stories about Oliver re-signing on socials. But then again he’s a weird unit so it makes sense
They'd still be mates so fair enough if he's happy for Clarry. Don't think you can read much into that.

ngl i'm scared of Rory Laird. That little man is a ******* superstar
Come on Frosty, this isn't SuperCoach. He's not an overly damaging player. His primary use of the ball is either dinky one-twos, or long bombs down the line. He'll get 40, but won't be the difference between a win and a loss.

I hope you don't mean in the centre? That would be a disaster
He's going to have to. Hopefully he'll start out of the D50 and run in for the bounce lol.

Come on Frosty, this isn't SuperCoach. He's not an overly damaging player. His primary use of the ball is either dinky one-twos, or long bombs down the line. He'll get 40, but won't be the difference between a win and a loss.
he's an elite groundball player and without a ruckman he could dominate. I genuinely rate him as a player big time

I hope you don't mean in the centre? That would be a disaster
Na Weid is going to have to take every centre bounce I think but he can't run around the ground all day. I wouldn't want Mitch Brown taking more than a very occasional ruck contest, after 1 or 2 the Crows ruckman is going to work out he can just grab the ball which cuts our midfielders out.
Not that BBB is much of an improvement but he's going to have to help mix it up occasionally, Mitch is too outsized.

Im far more scared about Darren Burgess than Rory Laird.

Na Weid is going to have to take every centre bounce I think but he can't run around the ground all day. I wouldn't want Mitch Brown taking more than a very occasional ruck contest, after 1 or 2 the Crows ruckman is going to work out he can just grab the ball which cuts our midfielders out.
Not that BBB is much of an improvement but he's going to have to help mix it up occasionally, Mitch is too outsized.

Tomo would have made more sense than Brown if we were concerned about our backup ruck. I think it will be Weid for all of it, with other blokes pinch hitting for him in F50

he's an elite groundball player and without a ruckman he could dominate. I genuinely rate him as a player big time
Good groundball player no doubt, but he's getting 33 touches a game and only averaging 300 metres gained. It's all good having an in and under player who primarily handballs to slick ball users in the midfield, but the Crows don't really have that. Instead, he's farming the ball out to the likes of Keays (52% kicking efficiency), Berry (59%) and Schoenberg (46%).

Anyway, I hate it when we fight xx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good groundball player no doubt, but he's getting 33 touches a game and only averaging 300 metres gained. It's all good having an in and under player who primarily handballs to slick ball users in the midfield, but the Crows don't really have that. Instead, he's farming the ball out to the likes of Keays (52% kicking efficiency), Berry (59%) and Schoenberg (46%).

Anyway, I hate it when we fight xx
yeah he's not the problem in that midfield, i really rate them tbh

A lot of rumours of Jackson being out with a PCL. it's been circling for a couple days.

Yet we named him in our side yesterday .

Who are the time travellers who reported this to you earlier in the week?

Yet we named him in our side yesterday .

Who are the time travellers who reported this to you earlier in the week?
I'm not saying he's in or out. I'm saying the rumours are there. You do realise that clubs will name a player to give them until the last possible minute to withdraw? A strange take by you.

I'm not saying he's in or out. I'm saying the rumours are there. You do realise that clubs will name a player to give them until the last possible minute to withdraw? A strange take by you.

Someone posted this info yesterday evening. Im pretty sure he is out, what im disputing is the "couple of days" part. I think the injury only happened yesterday

Someone posted this info yesterday evening. Im pretty sure he is out, what im disputing is the "couple of days" part. I think the injury only happened yesterday
I just want to point out that I was the first one to realise that rumours had been circling earlier in the week before the injury happened. It’s concerning and confusing that posters such as yourself are only starting to realise this now. Bedford is the obvious choice for ruck now. We don’t need no water let the part time rucker burn. Burn, part time rucker, burn.

Last edited:
Weideman better to his best impersonation of heroic Pederson first ruck
Might be the making of him!

Actually, it might even help. Tough job to do, take his mind off kicking between the sticks etc

Might be the making of him!

Actually, it might even help. Tough job to do, take his mind off kicking between the sticks etc
I will give Robert Walls all the credit if this works.

I just want to point out that I was the first one to realise that rumours had been circling earlier in the week before the injury happened. It’s concerning and confusing that posters such as yourself are only starting to realise this now. Bedford is the obvious choice for ruck now. We don’t need no water let the part time rucker burn. Burn part time rucker, burn.
I knew about this injury on Tuesday, but rather than post it here I decided to remain silent, watching others post about it, whilst I sat in my oversized leather armchair patting my corgi and sipping my Chardonnay whilst I chuckled to myself how stupid the rest of this board was. Simpletons.

Rucks in order of choice: Gawn, Jackson, Majak, TMac, Weid, Brown

Given how blessed we've been with injuries over the past couple of years, this is a weird feeling to be playing our 5th and 6th choices for the role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back