The USA Sports Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty crazy how the NBA is all run by the players now. The Nets have him under contract but have no choice but the trade, but also only trade him to where he wants to go, so you get what you get in return.

It's pretty crazy how the NBA is all run by the players now. The Nets have him under contract but have no choice but the trade, but also only trade him to where he wants to go, so you get what you get in return.
I mean the Nets could trade him to the Pistons for 8 1st rounders, but it'd be buyer beware for Detroit in case KD then decided to pull a Ben Simmons.

But this is why it's getting more and more difficult for small market franchises to be successful really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean the Nets could trade him to the Pistons for 8 1st rounders, but it'd be buyer beware for Detroit in case KD then decided to pull a Ben Simmons.

But this is why it's getting more and more difficult for small market franchises to be successful really.

San Antonio is a very small market team that is one of the premier franchises of the 21st century

Milwaukee are arguably a small market team too, Memphis as well

I would argue small market teams are getting their house in order, compare that to the Knicks (the most valuable sporting team in all of US sports according to Forbes) who have been a joke for years.

San Antonio is a very small market team that is one of the premier franchises of the 21st century

Milwaukee are arguably a small market team too, Memphis as well

I would argue small market teams are getting their house in order, compare that to the Knicks (the most valuable sporting team in all of US sports according to Forbes) who have been a joke for years.
Spurs haven't been aby good for about a decade unfortunately.

The Bucks are a bit of an exception mainly because Giannis agreed to stay.

I guess that's the thing, if you have a superstar and you're a small market, can you convince him to stay after that 1st max contract.

Spurs haven't been aby good for about a decade unfortunately.

The Bucks are a bit of an exception mainly because Giannis agreed to stay.

I guess that's the thing, if you have a superstar and you're a small market, can you convince him to stay after that 1st max contract.

Phoenix are probably a small market team too

I definitely believe though players are more motivated to win chips/playoffs than play in Big Markets these days.

There is more parity these days in the NBA under Silver than it was under Stern or Larry O'Brien (for example)

Woj is mentioning Toronto as a sleeper for KD.

Scottie Barnes, Siakam and a bunch of 1sts would be a decent offer.
No chance. KD will only go somewhere he can compete to win a championship. With Barnes and Siakam going the other way KD is not winning a championship with VanVleeet and what, Gary Trent Jr, Achiuwa, OG?

I think he'd go to Toronto is Barnes and Siakam were staying there but then how does Toronto make a deal work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back