Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok …. How about not making stuff up re ‘barely scraping thru against North’ to impress some people in the echo chamber when it’s a flat out indisputable lie
If you're going to put something in quotes, it's prudent to quote correctly. It's also wise to quote the whole statement, unless you're looking to deliberately alter context. Rounding it out with some condescending drivel was the giveaway though.

In any event, if you're happy with a record that we used to laugh at other clubs about, then keep sipping away mate. In terms of years since last flag, we are basically neck and neck with North. Neither club looks anywhere near it. You're happy with that? Sure, ok.

Ah no I’m not the angry one

Having a bit of a LOL actually

If you want something in life to be successful and you care about it alot then supporting an AFL team isn’t the thing for you as you literally have 0 control of what happens and never will

You can get angry and fume on an internet chat site all you want

Go and coach a footy team in the suburbs and win some flags or teach some kids how to play and enjoy some progress
Shades of Ricciuto here

Go and support someone else

Shades of Ricciuto here

Go and support someone else
Not really. It’s just hard to understand why people who clearly hate everything about the club, keep following. It’s as if they deride pleasure from watching us struggle? And really, we are still IN the rebuild, yet everyone is expecting us to be magically better than we were when we were wooden spooners - just two seasons ago. The impatience is honestly ridiculous. Nicks and co are making mistakes - they are learning too. I have no idea if hes the one to see us achieve success or not, but I’m willing to give him a chance. two and a half years into a start from scratch (essentially) rebuild, and we are about where I expected we’d be. The youngest, least experienced team, yet not bottom. Me? I see hope. I see potential. I also still see mistakes. From both coaches and players. It’s all part of the learning curve.

Not really. It’s just hard to understand why people who clearly hate everything about the club, keep following. It’s as if they deride pleasure from watching us struggle? And really, we are still IN the rebuild, yet everyone is expecting us to be magically better than we were when we were wooden spooners - just two seasons ago. The impatience is honestly ridiculous. Nicks and co are making mistakes - they are learning too. I have no idea if hes the one to see us achieve success or not, but I’m willing to give him a chance. two and a half years into a start from scratch (essentially) rebuild, and we are about where I expected we’d be. The youngest, least experienced team, yet not bottom. Me? I see hope. I see potential. I also still see mistakes. From both coaches and players. It’s all part of the learning curve.
Oh please. What rot.

“Clearly hate everything about the club”. Who? Do you think if that was the case we’d be on here discussing them daily? “Deride pleasure from failure” * off

What you see is frustration. Frustration at not winning a flag for 25 years, for the massive mistakes this club has made over recent years, frustration with rookie mistakes made by senior experienced coaches. You brush them off but you’re an apologist who gets cosy with club management. You used to back Trigg too remember.

We’ve made a lot of good off field changes but on field we’ve got coaches making dumb decisions.

Drugs is spot on with his comment.

We've got what, 6 weeks left in the season? Now should absolutely be the time we start making some decisions on list management and where we see the club next year.

And that means you start giving games to Newchurch and to Worell. The worst thing we find out is they're not good enough and we don't end up with them on the list for 6-7 years barely playing like we have with Davis or CEY.

honestly, in terms of our total performance, what negative impact could Newchurch over Murphy possibly contribute? 2 goal greater loss would be the absolute maximum. How, in a rebuild, do you choose an out of form and very limited player ahead of debuting a kid in great form, in a role of need, in order to try and stop an 8 goal loss being a 10 goal loss.

And what of 'selection integrity'? Where did that s**t that was swallowed as if chocolate by the apologists go? Per usual, it's just another excuse, in a line of them, to explain why out of form or injured seniors get a game. If it works against them, they've got 'experience' or 'continuity' to fall back on. Only a matter of time before one of the dolts rolls out 'non-statistical role'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He reckons he hasn’t been drinking but I call bullshit.

He’s acting like a stuck up tosser.
Hungry Dog GIF by Scooby-Doo

If Jackson doesn't get up for the Dees, they will have no recognised ruck. Their other players to record a hit out stat this season have 31 hit outs between them - Weidemann (16 from 7 games), Tom McDonald (15 from 9 games) and Ben Brown (1 from 11 games).

Hopefully we can at least win one of the stats.

Also, we have won at least one quarter in every game this year. I hope we can keep that stat going.

Unfortunately we're incapable of cashing in on tap advantage. ROB is not great at directing to advantage, but even worse, our mids are flat-footed by design, so even if we knew we were winning the tap, we're not going to see ROB hit it down the throat of a mid on the move and us clear the pressure area on foot. Oppo mids will just rove to ROB and they'll be on the move when doing so. So I expect hitout dominance, clearance break even and the routine destroyation in terms of clearance quality.

Also if I was captain I'd be asking my coach why he isn't giving the kid with X factor a shot.

Too busy doing promo for his new footy product

Sloane is tier 1, Newchurch is a Crusher, doubtful he gives a crap either way. It's hard enough caring about Backboners that aren't a direct threat to his role.

Last edited:
It was a no brainer to pick Newchurch

You can’t get a better opportunity ie career best game and a small forward injured in AFL side

Coaches using data re pressure and over thinking it

Also a little bit of misguided loyalty

And this is the exact terminal philosophy that guarantees we'll never genuinely contend outside of the odd 1 season spike. That we find a way to select Murphy over Newchurch in a rebuild in a certain loss anyway, is all you need to know.

The reason that Crouch and Brown aren't in is purely because they make us worse, its still a '4 points this week' selection imperative. They won't sacrifice a single point of performance to blood a kid ahead of gift a 70th game to a career plodder.

Quality contribution. You happy with Murphy?
I'd have preferred Newchurch to Murphy. Murphy has some good qualities though, and I hope he is used effectively and has a good game. Isn't there room for some middle ground?

Quality contribution. You happy with Murphy?
You just love arguing when it's just easier to agree to disagree and move on when there's no common ground to be found.

The time to bring in Newchurch was last week against North.

You just love arguing when it's just easier to agree to disagree and move on when there's no common ground to be found.

The time to bring in Newchurch was last week against North.
Do you reckon he could be sub today? I'd like to see that. Debutants used to start on the bench regularly in the days of 19th and 20th men.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back