Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

You just love arguing when it's just easier to agree to disagree and move on when there's no common ground to be found.

The time to bring in Newchurch was last week against North.
Do you reckon he could be sub today? I'd like to see that. Debutants used to start on the bench regularly in the days of 19th and 20th men.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Do you reckon he could be sub today? I'd like to see that. Debutants used to start on the bench regularly in the days of 19th and 20th men.
Be better if he plays SANFL and backs up last week's game IMO. That makes his case for an upgrade even harder to deny.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh please. What rot.

“Clearly hate everything about the club”. Who? Do you think if that was the case we’d be on here discussing them daily? “Deride pleasure from failure” * off

What you see is frustration. Frustration at not winning a flag for 25 years, for the massive mistakes this club has made over recent years, frustration with rookie mistakes made by senior experienced coaches. You brush them off but you’re an apologist who gets cosy with club management. You used to back Trigg too remember.

We’ve made a lot of good off field changes but on field we’ve got coaches making dumb decisions.

Drugs is spot on with his comment.

She's now getting cosy with Silvers.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd have preferred Newchurch to Murphy. Murphy has some good qualities though, and I hope he is used effectively and has a good game. Isn't there room for some middle ground?

no, not the way our coaches operate. If Murph was going to get some midfield time with Keays and/or Laird rotating forward, then yes. But unfortunately, Murphy will be as he always is and we've missed the opportunity to see how a fast, goal kicking type small forward can work for us. We'll just be doing what we always do, it's how we roll.

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
You just love arguing when it's just easier to agree to disagree and move on when there's no common ground to be found.

The time to bring in Newchurch was last week against North.
And yet you found the need to chime in with a nonsense post.

Ok, got to back the coaches and recruiters in.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
You wouldn't consider moving Hately to the stoppage rotation and go with an actual wingman?
No I wouldn't, if Laird misses Crouch is still my preferred 1st possession mid...and that is my last word so don't bother further baiting me.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
No I wouldn't, if Laird misses Crouch is still my preferred 1st possession mid...and that is my last word so don't bother further baiting me.

So you think we've got the right mix/structure? Would you consider dropping Hately to get a proper wingman that can hopefully deliver better quality ball forward. Hell, I'd consider Brown if it got Dawson to a wing so we could roll a more attacking structure.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you're going to put something in quotes, it's prudent to quote correctly. It's also wise to quote the whole statement, unless you're looking to deliberately alter context. Rounding it out with some condescending drivel was the giveaway though.

In any event, if you're happy with a record that we used to laugh at other clubs about, then keep sipping away mate. In terms of years since last flag, we are basically neck and neck with North. Neither club looks anywhere near it. You're happy with that? Sure, ok.
Barely scraped thru against North was the quote

Fair enough to be disappointed where we are at , but not sure what you were expecting . We are 1-2 wins behind where we should be

If you didn’t notice we aren’t in a contending period , so we are going to be mediocre in terms of win / losses for the foreseeable future

But to over dramatise every thing in a negative way and get into a woe is me isn’t helpful

We beat north by 57 points , they are no good so it’s nothing to be overly excited about but there were some good signs eg 85 tackles and we certainly didn’t scrape thru

Are you the guy that does the podcast ? That must be a barrel of laughs

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jeffcrowe , if you're unhappy with the negative posting about a 3 year bottom 5 side that still selects solely for the 4 points then perhaps you should go and post on another club board.
Happy with negative posting where warranted

Also needs to be balanced otherwise you’ll never spot when something is right

More drama than a night on Broadway with some of the hysterical reactions

Back