NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same.

KAT now a $55m stretch big.
What does that even mean? He will still be played through the exact amount he always has been. Possibly more now that he's relied on for less of the grunt work.

I'm not sure how moving him to the 4 (when he'll still spend significant time at the 5 anyway) somehow makes him not worth his price.

What does that even mean? He will still be played through the exact amount he always has been. Possibly more now that he's relied on for less of the grunt work.

I'm not sure how moving him to the 4 (when he'll still spend significant time at the 5 anyway) somehow makes him not worth his price.
I love the idea of moving him to the 4, I think you overpaid for Gobert but it’s a great fit for Towns who now doesn’t have as much pressure to rebound and protect the rim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They paid overs, but honestly don't mind Minny having a crack and showing some ambition..

Eases a lot of the defensive burden off KAT as well.

In terms of playing talent Vando is the best player going out. Kept McDaniel which is the priority. Beasley and PatBev will contribute but they are expiring. Bolmaro and Kessler are projects. Gone from 16 on the roster to 12.

The picks give me pause (especially the late ones) but if this works we won’t be concerned about picks in the 20’s

Sort of

If I’m an NBA GM and the Nets were using this trade as a measuring stick I’d just tell them to go trade him to the Wolves if that’s the case.

The calibre of players going to Utah doesn’t get a KD trade done. Brooklyn would have required two of Kat, Ant and McDaniels.

It might but I need to see it first, Kat is doing to get abused on the perimeter
Yes, this is the one real concern. Our backcourt defence is...problematic to say the least. Needs to be another move but we have limited assets left.

In terms of playing talent Vando is the best player going out. Kept McDaniel which is the priority. Beasley and PatBev will contribute but they are expiring. Bolmaro and Kessler are projects. Gone from 16 on the roster to 12.

The picks give me pause (especially the late ones) but if this works we won’t be concerned about picks in the 20’s
Yup, the picks are the worry for me, not the players. Sad to see PBev and Vanderbilt go though, but you're right: to get Gobert while keeping all of Ant, Towns, McDaniels and even DLo is a win.

Yup, the picks are the worry for me, not the players. Sad to see PBev and Vanderbilt go though, but you're right: to get Gobert while keeping all of Ant, Towns, McDaniels and even DLo is a win.

Think DLo will be moved on if you can get a better fit for your backcourt.

But as I say, clearly the ownership/management of the Wolves are finally showing some real ambition and desire to win, really pleased for you, I don't have a '2nd team' in the NBA, but if I did, the Timberwolves would be it.

Would love to see your guys win a chip :)

Think DLo will be moved on if you can get a better fit for your backcourt.

But as I say, clearly the ownership/management of the Wolves are finally showing some real ambition and desire to win, really pleased for you, I don't have a '2nd team' in the NBA, but if I did, the Timberwolves would be it.

Would love to see your guys win a chip :)
Yeah, no doubt it's an aggressive move. I think that's part of the reason I feel a bit nervous - it's definitely not a typical Wolves move. Maybe that's a good thing.

I think watching the Nets piss away all their picks for stars that got them nowhere twice in a row is also giving me pause.

It's not necessarily about where those picks end up, it's that you now can't use those picks to trade for something else.

You'd want to be sure that you're locking yourself into a nucleus that can contend, otherwise your only real avenue to improve is by trading one of the players you're supposedly building around.

Though, seems like we might be headed towards a paradigm shift where star players are going to be moving around more regularly and GMs might be more accepting to letting go of their own picks because they feel like they can recoup someone else's down the track.

Yeah, no doubt it's an aggressive move. I think that's part of the reason I feel a bit nervous - it's definitely not a typical Wolves move. Maybe that's a good thing.

I think watching the Nets piss away all their picks for stars that got them nowhere twice in a row is also giving me pause.

Difference is between the Nets and Wolves is you have two young all-star/franchise player studs in Edwards and KAT that you can build a title contender around, I assume you should now (touchwood) be perennial playoff contenders in the next 5-10 years, so I think the giving picks away is worth the risk for a defensive beast like Gobert.

You have an absolute winner of a coach in Finch as well, he will make this work, I am absolutely certain.

It means just that. The grunt work is the potential growth in KATs game, he made strides this year. Getting him playing physical and buying in on D unlocks the best possible KAT...at least IMO. Just seems like the kind if dude who may phone it in a bit now.

Will also need him to defend out to the perimeter now when on the floor with Gibert, and I don't like that either. Plus wolves are now light for perimeter defense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back