• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Jake Soligo

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's this great defender we could try, he might be available, believe his name is Dawson or something. Not sure though
Even beyond the sarcasm, we need more than Dawson (and Soligo, who we need to rotate between wing/inside)

Milera could be that guy, wouldn't mind some pure speed in the mix as well

Also some individual player observations:
  • Soligo: what a find. That side step to open up space in the middle was sublime
  • Berry: tackling machine against massive opposition bodies. Shame he can’t kick

• Smith: struggling to see what he has to offer lately
  • Hateley: I’m glad we’ve given him a chunk of games ro see how he goes. The answer is not very well. Amongst the worst users of the ball in the team - and that’s saying something
The problem with Hately is the wing exposes all his bad traits

Good: Our endeavour, Laird, Hinge, Walker, Dawson. Thilthorpe showed some things as his confidence grew.
Bad: Nicks, Fogarty not doing much against a top team, yet again.

Ugly: Overall, I mean the game was good to watch. Cant really say anything was ugly about the game other than Nicks coaching.

Good: Our endeavour, Laird, Hinge, Walker, Dawson. Thilthorpe showed some things as his confidence grew.
Bad: Nicks, Fogarty not doing much against a top team, yet again.

Ugly: Overall, I mean the game was good to watch. Cant really say anything was ugly about the game other than Nicks coaching.

Dislocated his finger 10 minutes into the first quarter and was off for a lot of the game.

None of the key forwards were dominant, Walker and TT only kicked 3 between them.

Stupid comment.

What worries you? He's 19 and played 20 games and looks great below his knees and has skills.

Will be a deadset gun in 3 years.

His confidence was shattered by Nicks. Spent the whole summer raving about Thilthorpe and how phenomenal he is, then after 1 game in his second year banishes him to the twos saying he must work on things. Like wtf? Yet Rachele, seems to have a nice set of photos that is to Nicks liking, because Rachele does * all for most of every game he plays yet wont get dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 yrs ago , this is where Melb were at -Melbourne endures one of its worst VFL/AFL seasons, when it wins just two games. Not since 1981, when Melbourne won one game, has the club endured such a poor season. The Demons register their worst percentage since 1906.

The Good - 1st half was fantasic, applied pressure was brilliant and many a coach will be noting how we pushed the expected premiers.
The Bad - Basic foot skills continue to let us down.
The Ugly - Hard to point a finger at anybody as the effort for a predominantly young side was exceptional, add a couple of elites ( ala Dawson or in Melb's case Petracca to our side ) and we are in business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If i see Rowe and Murphy in the same team again i *en swear to god......

Makes me long for Ronnie Burns

Dislocated his finger 10 minutes into the first quarter and was off for a lot of the game.

None of the key forwards were dominant, Walker and TT only kicked 3 between them.

Stupid comment.

No its not. Can still mark the ball. If he isnt able to perform he should have been subbed. your dumb comment is thinking is a dislocated finger is an excuse.

What worries you? He's 19 and played 20 games and looks great below his knees and has skills.

Will be a deadset gun in 3 years.
I understand all that, but just doesn’t show any intensity goes thru the motions,” looks great below his knee” but don’t see it in the air, to me just looks like he doesn’t want the footy

No its not. Can still mark the ball. If he isnt able to perform he should have been subbed. your dumb comment is thinking is a dislocated finger is an excuse.

This is what I mean about people on this board sinking the boots into Fogarty for bizzare reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good effort I reckon to go with them for that long, but we ultimately lacked the class and skill to match Melbourne
Yep

We lack top end class to run with the big boys.

That was the difference today.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Positives for me were:
Soligo Berry Dawson Walker Fogarty Parnell

The non positives
Smith Doedee Jones Keays Murphy Rowe Hately.
Thilthorpe and Rachele were equally as bad but I'm giving them a pass as they are young. They both need a much better effort next year.

Ugly
Lever

His confidence was shattered by Nicks. Spent the whole summer raving about Thilthorpe and how phenomenal he is, then after 1 game in his second year banishes him to the twos saying he must work on things. Like wtf? Yet Rachele, seems to have a nice dick that is to Nicks liking, because Rachele does * all for most of every game he plays yet wont get dropped.

So shattered that he cruised to a 16disp/3 goal average in the SANFL.

There is definitely deserved criticism for dropping Thilthorpe, however it's more that we didn't recognise that there was nothing to gain with that axing. Not that we hurt his confidence.

Back