Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

If my channel won the rights to FTA footy I would hire the following to call games and sack the rest

Jason Bennett, Hudson, Tim Lane, Adam Papalia, Alistair Nicholson and Matt Hill.

Special comments.. Hodge, Pearce, Bartel …..

Kate Loughlan and Sarah Jones as host
You proberly just about right only things changes would be by adding Leigh Montagna and Tony Armstrong to the Commentators.
Then Pearce out and Laureen Phillips In with the following ins as Special Comments with Nic Nat Tex Walker Dangerfield Buddy Franklin Mitch Robinson and Jake Riewoldt
Then as Match Day Host add Gary Lyon and a Basil Zempliss-WA games only.
Just as long as there is no Roaming Brian Dwaaaaaaayne Healy Wonder Women Brayshaw and rest of them as I think the footballing public are sick of the BS that has been going on for years.
Im just hoping the footballing the footballing public a quality standard of football being filmed and much better Commentary by hopefully Channel 10 on main channel withn 10 Bold as the backup with Paramount Sports as if Foxtel and Channel crap 7 get the rights back I feel the game wont advance in any way .

The Channel 7 commentary performance last night was terrible. BT and Hammer calling the wrong names way too many times. It's not like you have not seen these players before. Just get the basics right FFS.
Highlight for me was Hame calling the number 19 kicking a behind, then working out it was Durdin

You proberly just about right only things changes would be by adding Leigh Montagna and Tony Armstrong to the Commentators.
Then Pearce out and Laureen Phillips In with the following ins as Special Comments with Nic Nat Tex Walker Dangerfield Buddy Franklin Mitch Robinson and Jake Riewoldt
Just as long as there is no Roaming Brian Dwaaaaaaayne Healy Wonder Women Brayshaw and rest of them as I think the footballing public are sick of the BS that has been going on for years.
Im just hoping the footballing the footballing public a quality standard of football being filmed and much better Commentary by hopefully Channel 10 on main channel withn 10 Bold as the backup with Paramount Sports as if Foxtel and Channel crap 7 get the rights back I feel the game wont advance in any way .

Basil can * right off thanks.

If my channel won the rights to FTA footy I would hire the following to call games and sack the rest

Jason Bennett, Hudson, Tim Lane, Adam Papalia, Alistair Nicholson and Matt Hill.

Special comments.. Hodge, Pearce, Bartel …..

Kate Loughlan and Sarah Jones as host

Callers are pretty spot on, but don't rate those special commentators. They know their stuff, but all 3 are just too monotone and just sound boring. Last nights game no better example to highlight this.

No current players should commentate.

How’s today’s team. The professional, dulcet tones of Matt Hill appealing to the sophisticated punters offset by the unprofessional buffoonery of BT appealing to the bogan punters. At least BT is a little more civil today compared to when with Brayshaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The commentary on Saturday night during the Pies vs Suns game was appalling. Commetnary was anti-Collingwood
Dunno who you had on that game but I'd have traded Gerard Healy from the Ric/WCE game for anything. Him and Hudson together just made an ok game feel so bland.

It's amazing Healy is still allowed to commentate.

Does Wayne Carey even give 2 shits anymore? Seems totally disinterested this season since gettin demoted to the Saturday night team. A couple times during last weeks game when asked a question (since he was offering no opinions of his own) replied with “huh what?” - he wasn’t even concentrating enough to hear the question. Surely if your only job was to dribble crap for a couple of hours you might pay attention when asked a question….

Dunno who you had on that game but I'd have traded Gerard Healy from the Ric/WCE game for anything. Him and Hudson together just made an ok game feel so bland.

It's amazing Healy is still allowed to commentate.

You would've thought he was on his last legs after continually mistaking Matthew Boyd for Brad Boyd (who had retired 10 years earlier) for the best part of a decade.

How’s today’s team. The professional, dulcet tones of Matt Hill appealing to the sophisticated punters offset by the unprofessional buffoonery of BT appealing to the bogan punters. At least BT is a little more civil today compared to when with Brayshaw.
Matt Hill is horrendous, couldnt get a player name right and had no ability to generate interest or flow into the commentary

BT is worse, making up words and just being a drongo

The sooner they lose the rights the better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back