• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Jake Soligo

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Those quality small forwards are Rachele and Newchurch. McAsey could replace Walker when he retire with Fogarty (who has surprised me), McAsey and Gollant as our tall. Thilthorpe will be the quality lead ruckman when we started to contend and will be a very good resting forward. We still need an elite powerful midfielder.....Pedlar?
I think if Rankine wants to come home we need to go hard for him without going overboard on pay. Not saying Rachele will leave us but we need insurance in case he does. Hopper could be that big bull we need. McAsey can mark but his kicking for goal is not pretty at all. I rate Gollant and Fogarty is definitely finally moving in the right direction which is good to see.

I think if Rankine wants to come home we need to go hard for him without going overboard on pay. Not saying Rachele will leave us but we need insurance in case he does. Hopper could be that big bull we need. McAsey can mark but his kicking for goal is not pretty at all. I rate Gollant and Fogarty is definitely finally moving in the right direction which is good to see.
Some break records internally and we don’t know who they are?! Perfect. X

Rachele is busy off the farm. Glandular fever coming up

Well in that situation it’s collateral and insurance

According to this graph Rachelle had a better game than Soligo and Berry? They might as well give up publishing them.
Rachelle's main act in the last quarter was a contested mark and non-trivial goal from the resulting kick, about the best individual act a player can do in terms of impact. And one of his only acts in the first quarter set up a goal. The fact he was rarely involved otherwise meant he couldn't lose points for errors.

I'm surprised that Berry's tackle count wasn't enough to overhaul Rachelle. But both he and Soligo had low disposal efficiency, and were generally pretty scrappy with a lot of turnovers. Soligo in particular wasn't the contested ball beast he was made out to be in this game.

The obvious missing links are elite big bodied mids. Take Petracca and Oliver out of Melbourne's side and we win - and that should be exciting given how raw we are.

With a better senior coach, 40-50 games more development into our best young players and some judicial trading, we could be a serious football side in another 2-3 years.

The thing the selection committee needs to rat out is the attitude that 1) players like Murphy should play ahead of players like Newchurch and 2) players like Rachele should play "pretty sore for the last few weeks" (according to Roo). Anyone sore with less than 20 games should be rested so someone like Cook, Pedlar, Worrell, McAsey, Strachan gets a run of at least two games. You never know, some of those players might be the type that perform better at the higher level than they do in the SANFL. But right now we'd never know.

Yes we're young a yes they're the best team in it, but imagine rolling in to an away game without a ruckman and giving zero f*cks because you know the opposition setup and skill won't counter it.

Did they give zero f*cks?
Have a look at their two best players. Oliver had 13 tackles - had 2 against the Lions last week. Hasn’t laid that many tackles in the last 3 seasons and previous high this year was 7
Petracca - hasn’t kicked a goal for 6 weeks, has averaged 2 tackles a game for the last month. Kicked 3 and had 6 tackles (second most this year)

Looked very much like these two showed up - Adelaide beat them last year, with no Rucks they were at risk and Oliver/Petracca made sure they stepped up their pressure to get the job done. A great complement to us I would think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they give zero f*cks?
Have a look at their two best players. Oliver had 13 tackles - had 2 against the Lions last week. Hasn’t laid that many tackles in the last 3 seasons and previous high this year was 7
Petracca - hasn’t kicked a goal for 6 weeks, has averaged 2 tackles a game for the last month. Kicked 3 and had 6 tackles (second most this year)

Looked very much like these two showed up - Adelaide beat them last year, with no Rucks they were at risk and Oliver/Petracca made sure they stepped up their pressure to get the job done. A great complement to us I would think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I didn't mean they didn't try. I meant they knew that not having a ruckman wouldn't matter if they brought their game.

Yes we're young a yes they're the best team in it, but imagine rolling in to an away game without a ruckman and giving zero f*cks because you know the opposition setup and skill won't counter it.
I loved how Dunstall shut Roo down talking about needing to play Thilthorpe so we had a 2nd ruck as opposed to last week against North in which we played one ruck in ROB and a defender in Murray to chop out. Dunstall points out why would you play two players that can ruck when Melb didn't even have a ruck. You got the impression that Roo was directly involved in the decision and didn't like seeing Murray in the ruck. Murray was good in there btw. Dunstall shut him down by pointing out that playing one ruck without a backup seemed a smarter option this week against a team that didn't have a ruck. It was comedy gold. In fact Roo proved throughout the telecast to not possess the necessary football knowledge that a football director should have. The impression I got was that Dunstall thinks he's an idiot.

Last edited:
Ugly - Smith and Doedee's kicking
Not only do we not have a capable second KPD but we also now seem to not have any decent medium sized defenders.

Smith is looking pretty cooked and Doedee has regressed bigtime. He certainly isn't in the running for captain in my mind.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not only do we not have a capable second KPD but we also now seem to not have any decent medium sized defenders.

Smith is looking pretty cooked and Doedee has regressed bigtime. He certainly isn't in the running for captain in my mind.

Might be time to give Worrell or Frampton a run. I wish we took Lachie Ash in the draft instead of taking McAsey. He plays that half back role superbly for gws.

How many games has Nick Murray played, has he hit the magical 50 yet?

In fact Roo proved throughout the telecast to not possess the necessary football knowledge that a football director should have. The impression I got was that Dunstall thinks he's an idiot.
I mean, it’s what we’re all thinking right?

Back