MMA-UFC UFC 276: Adesanya v Cannonier

Remove this Banner Ad

Really not a fan of Izzy. If guys attack him like Costa did and Whittaker in the first fight, he looks a million bucks with his counter striking prowess. But that’s all he has. Romero broke those windows. Guys have got to gameplan the hell out of a fight to stand any chance. Never great viewing but that’s Adesanya’s choice.

Oliveira is the ultimate champion with his fighting style, it’s impossible not to respect how he goes about defending that belt. Izzy is the opposite, even Usman has evolved from when he was just know as the wrestler cardio decision guy.

Loudest talker, least convincing actions.

Alex Pereira will be a interesting matchup, he beat Izzy twice in kickboxing, one a devastating KO.
The decision win Pereria won was a robbery against Izzy. Second fight Izzy was winning, but we we saw. Alex puts anyone out with a good shot.

Really up to the challenger to engage, as much
As Adesanya played it safe, cannonier didn't do s**t either, atleast Volk tries to put his opponents away, underwhelming fights for a stacked card.

Oliveira is the ultimate champion with his fighting style, it’s impossible not to respect how he goes about defending that belt. Izzy is the opposite, even Usman has evolved from when he was just know as the wrestler cardio decision guy.

Loudest talker, least convincing actions.

A good groundsman v a good striker the groundsman will win more often then not.

Brilliant from Volk, as good as it gets. Probably the best fighter in the sport right now.

Izzy did what he had to do. A fight with Pereira, in MMA, is very interesting. Pereira deadset has concrete in his fists, but he was being schooled by Izzy in both of their KB fights.

He’s beating strikers at their own game and only going to ground if necessary. All round lightweight beast, we need Khabib to come back for this guy. Although the Volk matchup is super interesting.

Ortega aint no slouch and he (somehow) got through that battle. Charles seems like he is just different at this point though, if he isn't getting ko'd by Dustin and Justin I don't see Volk being able to put him to sleep and I think that's the only way someone beats him at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Izzy boring as *, had many snoozers. Be less annoying if he didnt talk a big game and have the big entrance. That said, what was cannonier trying to do?! He never took a risk, never tried anything, just sat there happy to go the distance. Idiotic

Volk too good, Max has lost a step or 3. Hes a very old 30, too many wars and weight cuts

Robbie needs to retire. Thats enough now

Alex v Izzy will be good but id pick Izzy to win i think. Love to know what Strickland was thinking, if anything, standing straight up, doing nothing against a world class kickboxer. What a moron

Tavares v DePlussis was a ripper fight.

Izzy boring as *, had many snoozers. Be less annoying if he didnt talk a big game and have the big entrance. That said, what was cannonier trying to do?! He never took a risk, never tried anything, just sat there happy to go the distance. Idiotic

Volk too good, Max has lost a step or 3. Hes a very old 30, too many wars and weight cuts

Robbie needs to retire. Thats enough now

Alex v Izzy will be good but id pick Izzy to win i think. Love to know what Strickland was thinking, if anything, standing straight up, doing nothing against a world class kickboxer. What a moron

Tavares v DePlussis was a ripper fight.

What do you think? Izzy becomes full time wrestler in that fight?

Well Izzy was boring, disappointing, after that huge entrance and he had an opportunity to get after Cannonier too. I know he just got it done to keep the belt but for a guy who talks himself up like that he should have had more of a crack.

Volk looked the best I've ever seen him, he was just way too much for Holloway tonight, what a fighter. I guess if he goes up he gets a title shot but I'm a fan of a fight against Gaethje or Chandler, both would be epic wars.

So glad Pereira did what he did, Izzy will have to engage more against him that's for sure, really hope that fight gets made. He's got different power that's for sure, his left hook is like a knuckleduster (Izzy knows this of course)

Barbarena v Lawler was fun, geez Lawler doesn't know any other way, what a tough campaigner. O'Malley fight was a fizzer with that result, I do enjoy watching him fight though.

I missed a few of the prelims, shame about Riddell and Jessica Rose Clark though.

Izzy understands that it is up to the challenger to bring the fight. Why would Adesanya put himself in jeopardy to lose his title because people want 'excitement?'

The deal with Adesanya is, in order to win against him, you're going to have to risk getting caught. You cannot play it sage against him otherwise he will just leg kick you into oblivion.

Izzy understands that it is up to the challenger to bring the fight. Why would Adesanya put himself in jeopardy to lose his title because people want 'excitement?'

The deal with Adesanya is, in order to win against him, you're going to have to risk getting caught. You cannot play it sage against him otherwise he will just leg kick you into oblivion.

because it’s prize fighting and he cuts promos saying he doesn’t care about the belt but wants to show off and get money fights like conor?

I think Volk should vacate and move up demanding a title shot v Olives. Islam can say hes next but no one knows who he is really. Volk should have made the callout already imo. Hes done everything at 145, does beating Emmett move the needle for him? Not imo

Volks a pretty stocky guy, he'd be short at 155 but not necessarily outsized if he put some muscle back on. Give it a go now before its too late

Typical Izzy fight keep safe distance, throw kicks and the occasional combo, I get it, he is the champ, doesn't need take chances, then you watch the promo of him saying he doesn't care about wins and losses wants highlights etc what a load of crap.

Pereria fight will be interesting can't tell me Izzy hasn't got him on the brain, he looks scary good and looks to have figured it out.

Volk is unbelievable and officially no one left, the only person I could see being a chance would be Bryce Mitchell but has a fair bit of fighting to go before getting a shot.

Cowboy retired which is better then being brain dead which he was well on the way of being, decent career made money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back