Game Day 2022 SC Round 16 - Of Monsters and (burn)Men

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of an up and down round. Mediocre scores from my Carlton players early and then made some ground with the likes of Merrett, Laird and Oliver VC. Unfortunately Peeney ruined that party. Then Saturday night Hall takes a dump on my team and Witts goes missing. On Sunday the downhill trend continued. Of course MRJ has a stinker the first time I play him since his infamous 7. Darcy and Sicily helped stem the bleeding a bit but the damage was done. Still inside the top 10k but it will be hard going to get inside the top 5k from here.

Getting rid of Coniglio and passing on H'berg really hurting me.

With only 4 trades left and Hall to deal with, I desperately need both English and Butters to be named.

1656896258678.png

WaynesWorld19

Hey mate, I was thinking about doing a post reviewing my trades for the year, but I wasn’t sure which thread is best to post it in. Any idea?
At the end of the Season (minor round R19) ....there's normally a season review thread; trades, success, failures & learnings .....feel free to put the thread up then

View attachment 1439215View attachment 1439218

Twas the week to climb the rankings .....everything was in place, complete team ...yes English was on the bench, but I had brought in a brilliant POD in Hall ......all I asked was 4 games from him, till Stewart returned ....what I got was 2 min

I had conserved my trades, looking for a strong back-end of the season .....and then the carnage merry-go-round started

Gawn injured >>>> Stewart (2 games) >>>> Hall (2 min) >>>>>now back to Gawn

Should have just held Gawn & saved 4 trades 😭

Oh well, start again .....what could have been, with Hall's 100 + points .....at least I have plenty-o-trades left

View attachment 1439221
You've had horrible luck, although Hall was always a risk I'd never dare take. We've clashed a couple of times in leagues recently and I was thinking your team was one of the best I'd seen. Just shows how important luck is in this game and how injuries can make things fall apart so quickly. :(

You've had horrible luck, although Hall was always a risk I'd never dare take. We've clashed a couple of times in leagues recently and I was thinking your team was one of the best I'd seen. Just shows how important luck is in this game and how injuries can make things fall apart so quickly. :(
I had 7 Trades last week ....so Hall was a risk worth taking .....cost me my Tragic's 1 win and 2nd spot

If I'm absolutely playing the game properly, I should have looped Hall with Wehr .....given Halls injury history

Can't even be bothered posting my score.

All out for 2,479 with a Jackson donut. First donut of the season. :(

Down 198 spots to 9,774 overall.

Only won 4\9 leagues. :(

Need English and wacko Jacko back this week.

Had 2 and a half premos missing on the weekend in Stewart, English and Jackson.

At last Shitracca and Tich ton up for me.

Had the VC on Oliver.

Shout out to Wehr for his 80 odd as cover for Stewart.

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

Screenshot 2022-04-28 072750.JPG

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't even be bothered posting my score.

All out for 2,479 with a Jackson donut. First donut of the season. :(

Down 198 spots to 9,774 overall.

Only won 4\9 leagues. :(

Need English and wacko Jacko back this week.

Had 2 and a half premos missing on the weekend in Stewart, English and Jackson.

At last Shitracca and Tich ton up for me.

Had the VC on Oliver.

Shout out to Wehr for his 80 odd as cover for Stewart.

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

View attachment 1439610
Luxury!
I smashed it out of the park with 2320!

1656931545329.gif

Easily my best score for the year. Went huge even with a donut from holding Gawn.

C on Oliver and Trac going big definitely helped. Still having Daicos on the bench to loop was very handy too.

Making Daicos D6 now and downgrading Ridley for cash for my final upgrades.

Attachments

• E6F8F7F1-960C-4CC4-965B-431EA9D327DD.png
    E6F8F7F1-960C-4CC4-965B-431EA9D327DD.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 23
Please tell me what on earth happened. 😬
Had English and Jackson.
Looked like I was losing my cashy anyway, so tanked, kept Jackson and copped a donut.
Thought I'd be a clever kent and get a cheap D6, so I could afford to bring Gawn back in as a SuperPod soon.
You know the cheap defender I got?
Yeah, the one that lasted 8 minutes!
Cant say I wasn't warned!

Plus Doch, Hewett, Short, Witts all s**t the bed, as did my cover for English.
Maurice F@#cking Rioli Jr. Your dad would be rolling in his grave at your pathetic effort!!!

Mmmm, how do you rate these high scores, apart from a bit of score envy not sure what it means. Only time i've been over 2500, was the last 2 weeks with a 2502 and 2505, balmainforever for example takes out the MND challenge with a 2608, but backs it up with a 2357, meaning i've outscored him by 42 over 2 weeks and my scores haven't been that good, appears to be a heap of 26/700 scores this week as well. My ranking is going downhill from here if my misfits don't have a spike round soon.
Actually pretty happy with my team, as I have tried to get in consistent scorers, hence no Heeney/Mills/Butters/TOUK(this year)/Petracca etc, don't really enjoy when they have a spike game together, and if they string a few weeks like the last round together i'm in trouble.
Kinda weird in a way, doing ok in overall, had a few high ranked weeks, but basically apart from a couple of brainfade weeks, it's just consistency, still envious of some of the high scorers, but who isn't ?

1657010339450.png

Mmmm, how do you rate these high scores, apart from a bit of score envy not sure what it means. Only time i've been over 2500, was the last 2 weeks with a 2502 and 2505, balmainforever for example takes out the MND challenge with a 2608, but backs it up with a 2357, meaning i've outscored him by 42 over 2 weeks and my scores haven't been that good, appears to be a heap of 26/700 scores this week as well. My ranking is going downhill from here if my misfits don't have a spike round soon.
Actually pretty happy with my team, as I have tried to get in consistent scorers, hence no Heeney/Mills/Butters/TOUK(this year)/Petracca etc, don't really enjoy when they have a spike game together, and if they string a few weeks like the last round together i'm in trouble.
Kinda weird in a way, doing ok in overall, had a few high ranked weeks, but basically apart from a couple of brainfade weeks, it's just consistency, still envious of some of the high scorers, but who isn't ?

View attachment 1440191
For amateurs like me, a weekly score is all we've got to hang a hat on
For professionals, the ranking scoreboard is ALL that matters.

For amateurs like me, a weekly score is all we've got to hang a hat on
For professionals, the ranking scoreboard is ALL that matters.
I'll tell you a secret, i'm just a nuffy who's bet paid of this year. I've been betting against guns n robbers and Gawndy for 5/6 years and paid of finally. Usually every other year i've realised after 3/4 rounds my bet has failed, and i've tanked and just concentrated on wacky sides hoping I can snag a weekly, gotta admit been more fun this year so i'm going to have to come up with a better plan for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back