Rumour Jordan De Goey - The Oracle that is Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Given his track record whilst drinking (along with Steven May) that's where they've gone wrong.

If you can't handle not being a menace drinking, probably give up on drinking for the duration of your AFL career while you're making > 10 times the average wage as a public figure.

Drink as much as you like when you're done and deal with the consequences of it.

Was he acting like a menace in Bali?

Was he acting like a menace in Bali?

Exposing a girl in public is on the menace side of the ledger. But again, has a long history of making bad choices when drinking. Goes to Bali and drinks in a mid-season break.

Not the hallmarks of someone intent on getting the utmost out of themselves.

If it was a one-off incident from a player with no history, the conversation being had would be very different.

Given his track record whilst drinking (along with Steven May) that's where they've gone wrong.

If you can't handle not being a menace drinking, probably give up on drinking for the duration of your AFL career while you're making > 10 times the average wage as a public figure.

Drink as much as you like when you're done and deal with the consequences of it.

He is earning 10 times the amt of public figures? He is one of the best at what he does.. so he actually deserves it.

Exposing a girl in public is on the menace side of the ledger. But again, has a long history of making bad choices when drinking. Goes to Bali and drinks in a mid-season break.

Not the hallmarks of someone intent on getting the utmost out of themselves.

If it was a one-off incident from a player with no history, the conversation being had would be very different.

Does her statement not make any sense to you?

I can come out and say.. there's no way I'd act like that at a nightclub.. doesn't make a difference though. It's really none of my business. The only thing that concerns me.. did he break any rules.. no.. did he break any laws.. no. That's it! Get back on the track.

I can come out and say.. there's no way I'd act like that at a nightclub.. doesn't make a difference though. It's really none of my business. The only thing that concerns me.. did he break any rules.. no.. did he break any laws.. no. That's it! Get back on the track.

Of course you want to let him off. You're a Collingwood supporter.

Let him off from what exactly.. the law is the law.. rules are rules.. did he break any? No! I'm not the judge and jury man.

Who said he broke the law?

He's a bloke who's good at kicking a ball that can't handle being on the piss.

Lucky he's got you in here white knighting for him while Collingwood pulls the $800k a year contract offer he had on the table.

Who said he broke the law?

He's a bloke who's good at kicking a ball that can't handle being on the piss.

Lucky he's got you in here white knighting for him while Collingwood pulls the $800k a year contract offer he had on the table.

I'm not white knighting for him at all.

No you're just the most prolific poster in this thread and happen to be defending him and happen to be a Collingwood supporter...

I'll tell you something man.. I've praised Ginnivan for his style of game.. Selwood and Hawkins.. I don't like em.. but I've praised em for knowing how to get freebies. If one of your players had a good time in Bali.. and they turned it into a bs fiasco.. I'd back him. I'm actually taking the emotion out of it. I'm actually being respectful.

Last edited:
I'll tell you something man.. I've praised Ginnivan for his style of game.. Selwood and Hawkins.. I don't like em.. but I've praised em for knowing how to get freebies. If one of your players had a good time in Bali.. and they turned into a bs fiasco.. I'd back him. I'm actually taking the emotion out of it. I'm actually being respectful.

Sure. By being the most prolific poster defending DeGoey's Bali trip whilst also being a Collingwood supporter. No emotion whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess thats why we always ignore all the bruises when a woman tells us her violent husband treats her right

Yes, truly bizarre that someone who follows football, reading a football forum, would comment on a thread involving a football player.

You think DeGoey is a great bloke, should be on the piss all the time, no issue with his behaviour whatsoever, we get it. No convictions right? All good.

Yes, truly bizarre that someone who follows football, reading a football forum, would comment on a thread involving a football player.

You think DeGoey is a great bloke, should be on the piss all the time, no issue with his behaviour whatsoever, we get it. No convictions right? All good.
I wonder if JDG played for Essendon (or any other club for that matter) - would the Gimp be defending him like he is now?

I very much doubt it.

I wonder if JDG played for Essendon (or any other club for that matter) - would the Gimp be defending him like he is now?

I very much doubt it.

You know what's funny man.. those who really know me.. the 7 yrs I've been here.. as far as the club's concerned.. players and coaches etc.. they know I make decisions based on logic.. proof is in the pudding mate. I'm not emotionally invested in De Goey.. when I say we should sign him for at least another 2.. I've actually taken everything into consideration.

I very much doubt it.

I've defended Selwood and Hawkins. I hate em. My heart doesn't rule my head though. Logic.

I very much doubt it.

I've actually made some bold predictions over the yrs that have come to fruition.. I'm not the only one to do that.. not saying I'm the ants pants.. but there's enough proof there to suggest to everyone.. that I'm actually a pretty logical thinker and that man sort of a thing and that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back