Draft Watcher Bastyy's 2022 AFL Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

-Cadman was out of my top 20 for a while but now he's back in. PMBangers is his number 1 fan and him talking him up has made me go back and watch replays of him. He's the real thing

Helpful tip to new draft watchers is to learn who’s opinions are worth listening to…

Keeler (and Keeler fans) > Cadman (and Cadman fans)

You missed the joke.

I appreciated it.

I also just saw a chance to simultaneously talk up Keeler and take a swipe at Bangers. Not going to miss that. Don’t mean to distract from Bastyy’s rankings.

I appreciated it.

I also just saw a chance to simultaneously talk up Keeler and take a swipe at Bangers. Not going to miss that. Don’t mean to distract from Bastyy’s rankings.
I have decided to hold my tongue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may not be a question that you can answer but if melbourne lose Jackson do you think we'd have the guts to draft Broadbent with our first rounder? Seems like he'd just get poached by WCE in a few years and Melb would get shafted in the compensation like we will with Jackson.

This may not be a question that you can answer but if melbourne lose Jackson do you think we'd have the guts to draft Broadbent with our first rounder? Seems like he'd just get poached by WCE in a few years and Melb would get shafted in the compensation like we will with Jackson.
Clubs usually don't worry about bringing an interstate player over (even if they've just lost a player from said state) and back in the club environment to keep whoever they draft engaged and happy. Even with Jackson leaving Melbourne still have 6 Western Australians so I don't think they'd be too worried. Unless Broadbent straight up says he doesn't want to be there, and even then that doesn't stop clubs sometimes

Clubs usually don't worry about bringing an interstate player over (even if they've just lost a player from said state) and back in the club environment to keep whoever they draft engaged and happy. Even with Jackson leaving Melbourne still have 6 Western Australians so I don't think they'd be too worried. Unless Broadbent straight up says he doesn't want to be there, and even then that doesn't stop clubs sometimes
Thanks for that. I watched WA vs Vic Metro and I wasn't all that impressed with Broadbent. He lacks mobility and hasn't got a great vertical leap. He seemed to be getting jumped all over by Vic Metro Ruckman Hudson O'Keefe. Broadbent does have a nice kick though.

Thanks for that. I watched WA vs Vic Metro and I wasn't all that impressed with Broadbent. He lacks mobility and hasn't got a great vertical leap. He seemed to be getting jumped all over by Vic Metro Ruckman Hudson O'Keefe. Broadbent does have a nice kick though.
I watched it last night after reading the reports and thought the same. Checked the Hit outs and Okeefe had 22 to Broadbent 11.

Broadbent is one of my favourites but he has struggled in ruck contests a lot this year which has been disappointing but I still think he has the potential at AFL level to be one of the best rucks in the league. His ability to get around the ground is probably the highlight of his game for mine, some rucks especially at a junior level struggle with work outside of ruck contests but it feels like Broadbent pops up around the ground every now and then when you wouldn't expect him. I think when his tank matches his work rate he'll be much better but that's definitely what's holding him back at the moment

Helpful tip to new draft watchers is to learn who’s opinions are worth listening to…

Keeler (and Keeler fans) > Cadman (and Cadman fans)
My tip. Read all the opinions. Sometimes someone else may have seen something you have not picked up so you can use it for a reference point the next time you watch a certain player. At the very worst you can dismiss it. I never go by anyone's opinion except my own but I like to read a few different points of view.

Broadbent looked hampered in the 2nd half, spent large amounts of time on the bench and rarely sighted in the actual ruck
He is carrying shin splints in one leg that stops him jumping, his lack of mobility now is really noticeable,
doing more harm than good for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back