Current Trial The Teachers Pet Podcast & Chris Dawson's Murder Trial * New Carnal Knowledge Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

This case is just one big :poo: show.

If you're like me, the recent lack of posting in this thread is at a guess, maybe symptomatic of many regulars/readers/posters in here not having anything else to add, that would not be considered as possibly defamatory or sub-judice related to the case, and/or one or more of the key players involved in this case.

I'm just feeling pretty quiet all round at the moment and so not much up for the chats. Would love to read what others are thinking. though.

One thing that I was glad to hear in The Teacher's Trial podcast Ep 9 was the mention of the bus times on 9th Jan 1982. It's been an unanswered question for me. It looks like Poole went back and got information like that (a forensic approach that I like) and the podcast said he found the bus that morning left at 4:09am (from memory). It was disappointing that the podcast didn't go any further on that point because it wasn't clear what other buses there were that day. ie was that the only bus that morning? If it were the only bus that morning it doesn't uphold CD's statement that he dropped Lyn there imo. Bus users, like Lyn, know when and where the buses run. Really, I think the podcast should have been more clear on this point. But I have not seen anothing written about that, either - If anyone has read anything it would be great to have more info on the thread. I'm thinking Poole did some good work in his investigation.

I'm just feeling pretty quiet all round at the moment and so not much up for the chats. Would love to read what others are thinking. though.

One thing that I was glad to hear in The Teacher's Trial podcast Ep 9 was the mention of the bus times on 9th Jan 1982. It's been an unanswered question for me. It looks like Poole went back and got information like that (a forensic approach that I like) and the podcast said he found the bus that morning left at 4:09am (from memory). It was disappointing that the podcast didn't go any further on that point because it wasn't clear what other buses there were that day. ie was that the only bus that morning? If it were the only bus that morning it doesn't uphold CD's statement that he dropped Lyn there imo. Bus users, like Lyn, know when and where the buses run. Really, I think the podcast should have been more clear on this point. But I have not seen anothing written about that, either - If anyone has read anything it would be great to have more info on the thread. I'm thinking Poole did some good work in his investigation.

Weekend bus tables were in the past different to present. A tendency to have fewer and spaced especially on weekend. Mona Vale is a hub and there are several ways to get to the city including to Manly and then Ferry to Circular Quay. I'd be extremely surprised if there was only one way and it was at 4 am. Very doubtful imo. That's probably why not much more was said. An illusion is created of impossibility to get there when in fact probably not true. That's my take on it.

His evidence on number and timing of calls was actually consistent until recently though claimed not to be. The 1982 statement and the first police interview both said a few weeks and it was much later that grew into 5 or more weeks. i'd discount the latter as just misplaced recall as he reaffirmed whatever was given at the time

There was a massive build up of the precision and detail of Poole evidence then not much offered afterwards. I was expecting something pivotal a smoking gun even but no.

I really wish the podcast would stop suggesting that because the Dawson's knew phones were tapped that it then represents something nefarious. It doesn't

I was interested in the reference to Cadavar and blood dogs and the failure to retrieve anything substantial in that. Cadavar dogs are known to detect dead bodies decades earlier and even buried deeply. Not helpful to an argument she is there at Bayview. If he killed her the slurring of words was perhaps the link. No blood or blows or strangulation just sleep and then disposal elsewhere perhaps.

Once again podcast 9 mentioned the Leary evidence as though she had seen bruises on the 8th when it was clarified I had thought the last time she saw LD was pre Xmas and had only spoken to her on the 8th which I had presumed was by phone. I'll try to get to the bottom of it because the proximity of that evidence is critical I feel

Last edited:
Miklos Bolza 23/05/2022 reported that Leary had her evidence clarified by Ms David. The last time she saw LD was pre Xmas 81. She then goes on to say that she saw the neck bruise and had occurred on at marriage counselling in the lift. That incident happened on the 8th Jan and had been told by LD. "How could I be lying. I'm only telling you what LD told me" The problem of course is that she saw LD last time before Xmas so she WASNT there at the time of the counselling on 8th. Others were and the feedback from them was that they didnt see bruises and that LD outlook was positive after counselling.

The memory is flawed and bogus. Either that or its reporting is wrong. Given that Bolza recited the Ms David and Leary conversation I doubt that is true. I think this is the sort of contamination of witness testimony that was a concern.
This of course places the whole incident as being dubious as ever happening. She wasn't there but was told by LD and saw it!!! Wtf

Rather than pick it up and clarify what is a pivitol sighting the podcast goes with original incorrect version. Damn

Last edited:
If you don't have the lift incident happening then there has never been a threat to her life along those lines. We are left with them holding hands walking into work and positive feedback to other workers and no bruises seen.This error is a major problem for prosecution. That testimony has zero credibility now I'm afraid.

Interesting also was the comment that the only incidence of violence with JC was CD once grabbing her wrist. Is that true? I would like some more feedback from those having watched teachers pet please. A violent narcissist should have pattern and violence in response to breaking control should be an aspect of it. I understand that fear of reprisal for a co dependent will lessen incidents but you would usually expect more than one incident

If you don't have the lift incident happening then there has never been a threat to her life along those lines. We are left with them holding hands walking into work and positive feedback to other workers and no bruises seen.This error is a major problem for prosecution. That testimony has zero credibility now I'm afraid.

Interesting also was the comment that the only incidence of violence with JC was CD once grabbing her wrist. Is that true? I would like some more feedback from those having watched teachers pet please. A violent narcissist should have pattern and violence in response to breaking control should be an aspect of it. I understand that fear of reprisal for a co dependent will lessen incidents but you would usually expect more than one incident
"Ms Curtis told the inquest that on one occasion she had been to a birthday party, bought G-string underwear, and put it on.

“He said ‘Are you only going to wear that for me?’ and I said ‘no as the need arises’.

“He became very angry and grabbed me around the neck and subsequently tore it off me.

“He let me go before I passed out.”"

Weekend bus tables were in the past different to present. A tendency to have fewer and spaced especially on weekend. Mona Vale is a hub and there are several ways to get to the city including to Manly and then Ferry to Circular Quay. I'd be extremely surprised if there was only one way and it was at 4 am. Very doubtful imo. That's probably why not much more was said. An illusion is created of impossibility to get there when in fact probably not true. That's my take on it.
His evidence on number and timing of calls was actually consistent until recently though claimed not to be. The 1982 statement and the first police interview both said a few weeks and it was much later that grew into 5 or more weeks. i'd discount the latter as just misplaced recall as he reaffirmed whatever was given at the time
I really wish the podcast would stop suggesting that because the Dawson's knew phones were tapped that it then represents something nefarious. It doesn't

I would have thought that there would always have been less buses running on the weekend than during the week. I do not live in the Sydney area anymore but that is still the case away from the city. In my area there are no weekend buses - and my area is not too far from a smaller city and major shops etc. (who knows what it was like in Mona Vale in the early 80s, it might have been like where I am now). I think it would be odd to have just the one bus at 4:09am though (not unimaginable imo) and would like more details on that to know for sure. We don't know how busy Mona Vale was for public transpost in the early 1980s - things change a lot in 40 years, so without the timetables we are not in a position to back any statements around how busy it was. I don't have an opinion on this, just questions that really need the timetables in use in January 1982. I would like to know what Poole said around that issue though. Public transport often isn't as simple as it might look on a map
The beginning of my reply to the first comment is at the bottom of your attached comment (for some reason. I'm not on top of how Big Footy tech works yet.) My reply there begins with "I would have thought..."

I have also heard the idea, on a podcast about The Teacher's Pet podcast, as to whether CD might have been concerned that his car was seen travelling that road, returning to the house around that time, and so created a story as to why he might have been seen in his car if anyone asked. This was a question raised by an ex detective for Scotland Yard missing persons/homicide (I can't recall which atm but there is a DV focus to her work), now living in the US, who is now a podcaster. I mean, people might not know your car in another area but they would know it on your street - so if that's the time your were returning to your house after a crime, that's the part you'd want to cover with an alibi. Not much in the way of traffic cameras in those days.

re: Phone Call Timing. I would need to see the 1982 statement again but from memory it was stated that the last phone call was on the 16th of Jan - this is not a matter of weeks, it's one week. I'll stand corrected if it says Feb not Jan. It's January on my mind black board though. Personally I would think that if I were trying to remember a lie that I might get caught out on I would remember that lie well. As years passed, and I thought that I had gotten away with it, so didn't need to remember the lie.... well, holes start to appear in that lie. If my partner and parent to my children suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth, I would remember those details about how long they kept in touch. It's a pretty big life event.
-----------------------

re: Nefarious Phone Tapping! I think you might need to check any bias re the podcast and the mention of CD and tapped phone calls. I really don't see the podcasters painting that as being nefarious - reminding listeners that the person involved knows the phone call is being listened to doesn't mean they are trying to make it sound nefarious. It's giving context. It's just reminding people that, just because they've said it in a private converstation doesn't mean it's true, and especially so if the phone is being tapped. I think the phone taps may have been used for nefarious reasons though - that's not an issue with the podcast, it's an issue for the people being recorded.....I mean they are open at times as to who they are intending their remarks for (ie the police listening) and the podcaster is pointing this out for context and accuracy. And CD even admitted, in one phine call, that things were being omitted from the conversation because they knew they were being taped. If there were nothing to hide why hide it!
I was interested in the reference to Cadavar and blood dogs and the failure to retrieve anything substantial in that. Cadavar dogs are known to detect dead bodies decades earlier and even buried deeply. Not helpful to an argument she is there at Bayview. If he killed her the slurring of words was perhaps the link. No blood or blows or strangulation just sleep and then disposal elsewhere perhaps.
The cadaver dogs did pick something up. Unfortunately dogs don't speak English, so who knows what they were sensing. If a body were buried there it would surely have been wrapped in something, and depending on any pretext of removing soil/body from an area, it's hard to know how much other soil would have been removed at the same time. Also, a lot of work had been done on the ppty over the years in the soft soil behind the house - it even had bedroom extensions built over the top, so a lot of disturbance and removal of soil may have thrown things for the dogs. I always thought it would be very stupid to have buried a body on the ppty (even if you really thought people were going to buy a deserted husband story) - if you were about to drive to the mid-north coast (to pick up JC) there would be a lot of places on the way to stop. But if a body were buried on a ppty, suerly it would be moved before the ppty was sold. It's just really strange that CD would keep showing up at the ppty, looking around and asking questions. It's really odd imo. I can imagine my ex doing it because of his sense that if he ever owned something he had a right to know what was happening there and he wouldn't be shy about knocking on the door or looking around. So maybe CD is just that way as well I still think it's odd though, and I'm glad it was investigated.

"Ms Curtis told the inquest that on one occasion she had been to a birthday party, bought G-string underwear, and put it on.

“He said ‘Are you only going to wear that for me?’ and I said ‘no as the need arises’.

“He became very angry and grabbed me around the neck and subsequently tore it off me.

“He let me go before I passed out.”"

Thx for that. Helpful

It must be quite hard for some of those whose professional work involves being violent, within the rules of the their jobs (Law Enforcement, Armed Forces, some Sports Playing Professional, Under-covers, Agent Provocateurs, Mercenaries, Hitmen/Women, Organised/Disorganised Criminals, and Standover Thugs), to make sure that their violence training and violent work encounters, do not adversely contribute to them having a higher than normal propensity for violence in some of their personal relationships with partners.

rugby GIF

Last edited:

There was a massive build up of the precision and detail of Poole evidence then not much offered afterwards. I was expecting something pivotal a smoking gun even but no.

Once again podcast 9 mentioned the Leary evidence as though she had seen bruises on the 8th when it was clarified I had thought the last time she saw LD was pre Xmas and had only spoken to her on the 8th which I had presumed was by phone. I'll try to get to the bottom of it because the proximity of that evidence is critical I feel

Daniel Poole sounds fairly methodical and thorough. It surprised when I heard this too. I have never lived in a place where buses go that early.
You might be able to find an internet forum or perhaps archives of NSW to be able to validate this. I know I managed to find a bus/train timetable on a forum in Perth at about the same time.

I think he said that it was the only bus in the morning. The notes are that Lynette was going to Chatswood to change some clothes. There was other evidence earlier that said you would have to catch a bus to Dee Why and another one to Chatswood. That was from Damian Loone possibly in the second inquest.

No other paper has published time or details so I found it interesting.

I figured a 4am bus may allow people to get to the Sydney Airport in time for flights.

Daniel Poole sounds fairly methodical and thorough. It surprised when I heard this too. I have never lived in a place where buses go that early.
You might be able to find an internet forum or perhaps archives of NSW to be able to validate this. I know I managed to find a bus/train timetable on a forum in Perth at about the same time.

I think he said that it was the only bus in the morning. The notes are that Lynette was going to Chatswood to change some clothes. There was other evidence earlier that said you would have to catch a bus to Dee Why and another one to Chatswood. That was from Damian Loone possibly in the second inquest.

No other paper has published time or details so I found it interesting.

I figured a 4am bus may allow people to get to the Sydney Airport in time for flights.

Thanks for that. I lived at Frenchs Forest for several years. Yes the trip would be Mona Vale to Dee Why. Change. Dee why to chatswood. Go along Warringah Rd.

The other way you could go is down Mona Vale Rd and ultimately crosses pacific Highway Gordon. Change. Then to chatswood. You could probably even go Mona Vale to Forest way. Change then to Waringhah Rd to chatswood.

I suspect the 4am version may be Mona Vale to Gordon then to chatswood. Cuts through a lot of bushland and wouldn't be many stops I'd think until terry hills and French's forest. It's possible that way had only one 4am bus in the morning but even that is questionable.

The much higher traffic route and population would be to Dee why a major Hub then down Warringah Rd to Chatswood. Would be frequent buses from Dee Why to chatswood even back in 1980s. The trip from Mona vale to Dee why is part of that northern peninsula so would have dedicated bus routes all the time imo along the path to Manly

Mona Vale. Dee why and are essentially major hubs on northern prnninsula and arent even remote on prnninsula unless you cut inland through bush at Mona Vale until you hit terrey hills Frenchs Forest then it wouldn't have many stops through that bushland . ...no one living there. Chatswood is a major centre too. Terrey Hills tavern is a great spot for a meal. I digress

I'll try and find out more about buses. As a teen with a car I always travelled along Mona Vale Rd then Barrenjoey Rd from Mona Vale north to Newport ....my beach destination preference.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newport of course is the location from which Trudie Adams went missing in the 1970s. Long suspected that her body was dumped in Hawkesbury system notably Smiths creek. You can gain access off Mona Vale Rd. Bayview overlooks pittwater. But you can cut across to get access to national park and Hawkesbury system. Parts of waterways there are reputedly 250' deep. If a body is weighed down and hits the bottom it's not going to be found at that depth and remoteness. Virgin bush all around

Thanks for that. I lived at Frenchs Forest for several years. Yes the trip would be Mona Vale to Dee Why. Change. Dee why to chatswood. Go along Warringah Rd.

The other way you could go is down Mona Vale Rd and ultimately crosses pacific Highway Gordon. Change. Then to chatswood. You could probably even go Mona Vale to Forest way. Change then to Waringhah Rd to chatswood.

I suspect the 4am version may be Mona Vale to Gordon then to chatswood. Cuts through a lot of bushland and wouldn't be many stops I'd think until terry hills and French's forest. It's possible that way had only one 4am bus in the morning but even that is questionable.

The much higher traffic route and population would be to Dee why a major Hub then down Warringah Rd to Chatswood. Would be frequent buses from Dee Why to chatswood even back in 1980s. The trip from Mona vale to Dee why is part of that northern peninsula so would have dedicated bus routes all the time imo along the path to Manly

Mona Vale. Dee why and are essentially major hubs on northern prnninsula and arent even remote on prnninsula unless you cut inland through bush at Mona Vale until you hit terrey hills Frenchs Forest then it wouldn't have many stops through that bushland . ...no one living there. Chatswood is a major centre too. Terrey Hills tavern is a great spot for a meal. I digress

I'll try and find out more about buses. As a teen with a car I always travelled along Mona Vale Rd then Barrenjoey Rd from Mona Vale north to Newport ....my beach destination preference.
Because you had a car you might not know, but I'm wondering how long a bus from Dee Why to Chatswood would have taken back then......A modern timetable won't reflect the new roads built. You might have an idea of the roads back then? Lyn would have needed to catch a train so that time would be on top of bus travel time. I have looked at the current bus trip times: A bus from Dee Why to Chatswood is almost an hour. A bus from Mona Vale to Dee Why is a little under 30min. Wouldn't that give approx 2 and a half hour to 3 hour round trip? (Got to think about wait time between buses too) That's on the roads of today. CD did say Lyn was going to Chatswood and maybe into Paddington Market after that (really that's an all day shopping trip). If she was meant to be getting to the pool at 12 that's a lot to do in 4 hours when you are on public transport. It seems like a totally unneeded stress for Lyn to go through to return some things - that's not an urgent chore........All that's assuming there is a bus after 4:09am. A husband might be inclined to just drive the family to Chatsood on a morning when there was nothing else to do before 12.

In retrospect CD could say she had no intention of returning.....Very strange he didn't notice she wasn't wearing her rings when he dropped her off though!

Anyway, with your more local knowledge than mine, I would love to pick your brain for any information that might impact those bus travel times - things like different road conditions (I know it's a long time ago though). But hey - buses often go down side streets, too. Really need a timetable from Jan 1982.

Last edited:
Newport of course is the location from which Trudie Adams went missing in the 1970s. Long suspected that her body was dumped in Hawkesbury system notably Smiths creek. You can gain access off Mona Vale Rd. Bayview overlooks pittwater. But you can cut across to get access to national park and Hawkesbury system. Parts of waterways there are reputedly 250' deep. If a body is weighed down and hits the bottom it's not going to be found at that depth and remoteness. Virgin bush all around
Good food for thought. If Lyn was murdered her body could be anywhere.

The beginning of my reply to the first comment is at the bottom of your attached comment (for some reason. I'm not on top of how Big Footy tech works yet.) My reply there begins with "I would have thought..."

I have also heard the idea, on a podcast about The Teacher's Pet podcast, as to whether CD might have been concerned that his car was seen travelling that road, returning to the house around that time, and so created a story as to why he might have been seen in his car if anyone asked. This was a question raised by an ex detective for Scotland Yard missing persons/homicide (I can't recall which atm but there is a DV focus to her work), now living in the US, who is now a podcaster. I mean, people might not know your car in another area but they would know it on your street - so if that's the time your were returning to your house after a crime, that's the part you'd want to cover with an alibi. Not much in the way of traffic cameras in those days.

re: Phone Call Timing. I would need to see the 1982 statement again but from memory it was stated that the last phone call was on the 16th of Jan - this is not a matter of weeks, it's one week. I'll stand corrected if it says Feb not Jan. It's January on my mind black board though. Personally I would think that if I were trying to remember a lie that I might get caught out on I would remember that lie well. As years passed, and I thought that I had gotten away with it, so didn't need to remember the lie.... well, holes start to appear in that lie. If my partner and parent to my children suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth, I would remember those details about how long they kept in touch. It's a pretty big life event.
-----------------------

re: Nefarious Phone Tapping! I think you might need to check any bias re the podcast and the mention of CD and tapped phone calls. I really don't see the podcasters painting that as being nefarious - reminding listeners that the person involved knows the phone call is being listened to doesn't mean they are trying to make it sound nefarious. It's giving context. It's just reminding people that, just because they've said it in a private converstation doesn't mean it's true, and especially so if the phone is being tapped. I think the phone taps may have been used for nefarious reasons though - that's not an issue with the podcast, it's an issue for the people being recorded.....I mean they are open at times as to who they are intending their remarks for (ie the police listening) and the podcaster is pointing this out for context and accuracy. And CD even admitted, in one phine call, that things were being omitted from the conversation because they knew they were being taped. If there were nothing to hide why hide it!

The cadaver dogs did pick something up. Unfortunately dogs don't speak English, so who knows what they were sensing. If a body were buried there it would surely have been wrapped in something, and depending on any pretext of removing soil/body from an area, it's hard to know how much other soil would have been removed at the same time. Also, a lot of work had been done on the ppty over the years in the soft soil behind the house - it even had bedroom extensions built over the top, so a lot of disturbance and removal of soil may have thrown things for the dogs. I always thought it would be very stupid to have buried a body on the ppty (even if you really thought people were going to buy a deserted husband story) - if you were about to drive to the mid-north coast (to pick up JC) there would be a lot of places on the way to stop. But if a body were buried on a ppty, suerly it would be moved before the ppty was sold. It's just really strange that CD would keep showing up at the ppty, looking around and asking questions. It's really odd imo. I can imagine my ex doing it because of his sense that if he ever owned something he had a right to know what was happening there and he wouldn't be shy about knocking on the door or looking around. So maybe CD is just that way as well I still think it's odd though, and I'm glad it was investigated.

Regarding the dogs in particular I had thought what the podcast said was that the blood dog (not the cadavar one) picked up scent of blood but didn't result in anything. A property that has been there for decades will have blood scent. Kitchen cuts, stubbed toes that bled, but probably not like would occur with a bloody murder. If there was a bloody murder they would have targeted the area further for analysis. The fact they didn't suggests to me it was just things like I said

Are you sure that your 250' depth is not just the borings depth referred to in the far below?

'near cottage point there heading more towards smith creek it hits about 32-38m.....'

'There is over 70 feet right near the shoreline at the point of Gunyah and the water drops into 85 feet on the bridge side and almost directly behind the first isolated pylon at the Rail Bridge on the Newcastle side, both holes are in casting distance from the shore
There's a lot of reef freeks waiting for as many baits that can be sent down to them at both these spots. Those critters are insatiable and besides that you will get a chance to look at the many new forms of uni knots that can be tied in braid line by the eels :lol:
Hope that helps and besides that an occasional big jew is known to really crack a bait before it goes right down into the eel pit'

'The originally proposed line crossing the Hawkesbury was from Long Island to Dangar Island and then across the main channel of the river to the northern shore. This proposal involved the construction of two bridges, which together were estimated to cost £700,000: but borings taken in the main channel of the river, between Dangar Island and the northern shore, reached a depth of 250ft (approx. 76m) without finding a satisfactory foundation. Hence this proposal was deemed not practical and it was decided to go with one bridge from Long Island to Mullet Point. Even though this route is a mile and a half (approx 2.4 km) longer, by using a singular bridge the estimated cost was considerably reduced.'

Are you sure that your 250' depth is not just the borings depth referred to in the far below?

'near cottage point there heading more towards smith creek it hits about 32-38m.....'

'There is over 70 feet right near the shoreline at the point of Gunyah and the water drops into 85 feet on the bridge side and almost directly behind the first isolated pylon at the Rail Bridge on the Newcastle side, both holes are in casting distance from the shore
There's a lot of reef freeks waiting for as many baits that can be sent down to them at both these spots. Those critters are insatiable and besides that you will get a chance to look at the many new forms of uni knots that can be tied in braid line by the eels :lol:
Hope that helps and besides that an occasional big jew is known to really crack a bait before it goes right down into the eel pit'

'The originally proposed line crossing the Hawkesbury was from Long Island to Dangar Island and then across the main channel of the river to the northern shore. This proposal involved the construction of two bridges, which together were estimated to cost £700,000: but borings taken in the main channel of the river, between Dangar Island and the northern shore, reached a depth of 250ft (approx. 76m) without finding a satisfactory foundation. Hence this proposal was deemed not practical and it was decided to go with one bridge from Long Island to Mullet Point. Even though this route is a mile and a half (approx 2.4 km) longer, by using a singular bridge the estimated cost was considerably reduced.'

Stayed on a houseboat holiday there several times. Beautiful part of the world. Don't remember specifically where I got the 250' depth figure from. Omg is that a Ronald Chapman false memory!!!! I had thought that those creeks Smith etc were the deepest part of whole system. I know you can only take up moorings and a few anchor spots as it recedes to shallow in small inlets that exist there. Otherwise you're not dropping anchor.

Once was there. Didn't get a mooring. Was only 20' from shore. How deep can it be right? Drop anchor and we float dragging the anchor. Damn 😳

Didn't have a winch either. Important lessons as a young guy. ALWAYS take a mooring!!!!

Some of the house boats have a map with depths right through Hawkesbury. I'll have a look to see if I can find something more definitive than blog posts.

Last edited:
Some of the house boats have a map with depths right through Hawkesbury. I'll have a look to see if I can find something more definitive than blog posts.
I was going to also look at the maps.
Appreciate outsourcing this to you.

Either way, it is very deep in parts.

I find it hard to imagine that the accused had much love left to give for Lynette Dawson, what with the relationship he was having with both his twin brother and JC.

For all we know, he might have bene having simultaneous relationships with other teenage school-girls at the same time as JC, before Lynette disappeared.

If Chris ever has an AMA, one of the question's I'd consider asking him would be something like, as an adult (18+), what was the age of the youngest schoolgirl that he ever had a sexual relationship of any kind with?

'Dawson 'could have loved two women at same time'
DAVID MURRAY
Chris Dawson could have loved at the same time both his first wife, Lynette, and the former student he went on to marry, his barrister says.
“The reality is, a man can love two women at the same time,” Pauline David said.
Ms David told the court that Mr Dawson had a “long and loving” relationship with Lyn when she went missing.
Justice Ian Harrison SC said it was the Crown’s contention that any long and loving relationship between Chris and Lyn ended long before January 8, 1982.
“He was at that time in a fairly enthusiastic physical relationship with (his former student JC) if some evidence is accepted,” Justice Harrison said.
Ms David: “We say they can exist side by side. In France, it’s a national sport, Your Honour.”’

Last edited:
I find it hard to imagine that the accused had much love left to give for Lynette Dawson, what with the relationship he was having with both his twin brother and JC.

For all we know, he might have bene having simultaneous relationships with other teenage school-girls at the same time as JC, before Lynette disappeared.

If Chris ever has an AMA, one of the question's I'd consider asking him would be something like, as an adult (18+), what was the age of the youngest schoolgirl that he ever had a sexual relationship of any kind with?

'Dawson 'could have loved two women at same time'
DAVID MURRAY
Chris Dawson could have loved at the same time both his first wife, Lynette, and the former student he went on to marry, his barrister says.
“The reality is, a man can love two women at the same time,” Pauline David said.
Ms David told the court that Mr Dawson had a “long and loving” relationship with Lyn when she went missing.
Justice Ian Harrison SC said it was the Crown’s contention that any long and loving relationship between Chris and Lyn ended long before January 8, 1982.
“He was at that time in a fairly enthusiastic physical relationship with (his former student JC) if some evidence is accepted,” Justice Harrison said.
Ms David: “We say they can exist side by side. In France, it’s a national sport, Your Honour.”’
So, is the defence going to call witnesses?

Ms David, has stated during her closing for the defense, that CD did not have the motive of "in with the new" in regards to JC, and that he loved both Lyn and JC. She stated that JC did not move in until after CD claims to have had his last phone call from Lyn on the 16th..... Even if JC didn't move in to Lyn's home and bed until the 16th of Jan (I have checked CD's August 1982 Antecedent report which gives that date as the final phone call), I think one week is a pretty short time frame anyway. Ummmm a week!

Talking of a week: According to Marilyn's 1999 police interview, she tells LE that her family went on holiday for one week to Lake Munmorah, and that it was while they were away that Lyn 'left'. She wasn't sure of the dates her family were away, but when they got back JC was with CD in his house and she never saw Lyn again. The way she put it sounded like she and Paul went up to see Chris (and Lyn) the day they returned. As questioning went on she wasn't sure about dates but thought it was the first half of January.

According to Paul in his 1999 interview, he also says that his family wouldn't have gone away for more then a week, and although he can't be exact he thought they would have gone for the holiday on the Wednesday before Lyn 'left' and returned the following Wednesday. After all that time he couldn't be sure, but Wednesday was what he though the day was.

So what about that trip to South West Rocks? It's interesting that neither Marilyn nor Paul had remembered CD leaving to head up to South West Rocks after they returned, and which there is no doubt happened after Lyn 'vanished'. So that tells us that CD definitely picked up JC before PD and MD got back - which would be Wednesday 13th Jan.... Not after the last made-up call (imo) of 16th Jan, as is now being claimed. To state the obvious: how would he have known at the time that would be the last phone call, anyway?

Aside from all that, in the closing defense statements, Ms David says that CD loved his wife (that he was in fact in love with two people). I think that if a husband were legitimately hoping to hear from or see his wife, that he loved, why would he drive to the Mid North Coast at all. In my mind you would either wait to hear from your wife or see if they returned to the house, or hope she called and asked you to come and pick her up (since she doesn't drive and might be stuck somewhere) because you wanted to save the marriage. If you went anywhere, why not look for her on the Central Coast if you think she is there - that's not South West Rocks.....South West Rocks was the only place he was interested in going to and that was to collect the peson he actually 'loved'. He didn't wait for Lyn because imo 1) He didn't love her and 2) he knew she was dead.

So CD brought JC into the family home and his wife's bed - "out with the old and in with the new" - on or before the 13th of Jan, according to the statements of CD's own family, and before the apparently 'adequate' time (according to CD's defense) of one week to move a new partner into the house.

Jeez, what a load of croc that CD was wanting to save that marriage - "In love with two people" my arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back