Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs at a Drying SCG 8/7/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans must not have any ruck options left if Ladhams is back in, I was expecting him to be on the outer for a long time after their match against Port.

From this current side I think we are 5 changes away from our best 22
In:
Bruce, Smith, Daniel, Duryea, McLean
Out:
Schache, Garcia, Scott, Bedendo, Hannan

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes that's three of our top 10 players yet to return. Bruce, Smith, Daniel.

O'brien has been poor but he's a victim of the pressure up the ground. Made to look terrible when we get sliced up but probably would look really good if we actually pressured the ball carrier and forced scrappy, pressured highballs.

Not sure how we can get out intercept game back when the pressure on the ball carrier is minimal.

Bevo certainly loves himself some very odd players. Hannan is one. He’s probably fringe best 22 but rushing him back after a nothing VFL game when we don’t need him is odd.

We’re clearly one defender short so I’m guessing Schache will be back to help cover Buddy, Amartey & Reid.

Cleary or Crozier should be in for Hannan but otherwise probably the best realistic 22 we could put out there this weekend.

Sad that the likes of Garcia goes out when Smith comes back in.

We need more hard nuts in this side to crash and bash. I like an in and under brigade of Garcia, West, Libba Dunkley and Smith with McLean also pinch hitting in there.

Happy for Macrea, Bont and Treloar to be 2nd or third in the chain, doing what they do best.

Maybe I will be surprised and Hannan will make way for Smith instead. Bedendo will need a spell by then too.

Bevo certainly loves himself some very odd players. Hannan is one. He’s probably fringe best 22 but rushing him back after a nothing VFL game when we don’t need him is odd.

We’re clearly one defender short so I’m guessing Schache will be back to help cover Buddy, Amartey & Reid.

Cleary or Crozier should be in for Hannan but otherwise probably the best realistic 22 we could put out there this weekend.

Experimenting with Hannam and Scott in new positions in important games…..

Why can’t he just play players on their position??? Ffs

Cleary and Crozier are both defenders, just play them there.

Cleary yes Crozier has been dreadful since he injured himself in the preseason last year. If he’s not intercepting (which he’s not) he offers little else now as he’s not that quick or strong. Scott wasn’t as bad as made out last week and with Richards back won’t have to be on an AA caliber forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not AFL. Soccer is a game that relies on a quality surface. And its gonna be drying by friday anyway. All good.
I went to a game at the Gabba in the early 2000s where, at the toss, the commentators said that the Lions would be kicking to the shallow end and the Dogs to the deep end.

Scott was a stopgap last week, Bev didn’t want to drop him and he probably agreed to have a shot at Cameron. Not his finest hour but hopefully will be up the ground from now on. Would like to see Cleary get another shot.

I for one am happy Hannan is able to get back to senior selection after a year riddled with concussion issues. He’s not my first picked nor do I think he’s best 22 but he’s clearly ahead of others that have been played and until someone can point an obvious omission in the VFL that should be in his place, I don’t think the whinging is warranted.

I for one am happy Hannan is able to get back to senior selection after a year riddled with concussion issues. He’s not my first picked nor do I think he’s best 22 but he’s clearly ahead of others that have been played and until someone can point an obvious omission in the VFL that should be in his place, I don’t think the whinging is warranted.
I think it’s more that he’s being rushed back to play an unfamiliar position when he is simply not very good. What’s wrong with Cordy or Cleary? At least they’re both match fit and can play a role. Bevo overrates Hannan, that’s the problem.

I think it’s more that he’s being rushed back to play an unfamiliar position when he is simply not very good. What’s wrong with Cordy or Cleary? At least they’re both match fit and can play a role. Bevo overrates Hannan, that’s the problem.
It’s a bit speculative that he’s playing down back though isn’t it?

Either Hannan or Schache will be back though. There’s no obvious 7th back so it’ll be one of those guys.
I think Bedendo played quite a bit of half back in the 2s this year and I could see JJ going back there.

Let’s just wait until the game tonight before we burn Bevo at the cross. By all means do it after.

Schache more likely. He did a decent job there in last year’s PF, which people are choosing not to remember.
Incorrect, Schache played as a defensive forward on Alli Alli. He did not play backline in that match. Yet he did play about 4 home and away games in defense last year and was serviceable (as good as what we currently have).

I would play Cleary ahead of him. I would also consider Toby who has shown he can come back okay from a long stint from the game.

Hannan has shown what he can do time to play players with an eye on 2023 and beyond.

I would play Cleary ahead of him. I would also consider Toby who has shown he can come back okay from a long stint from the game.

Hannan has shown what he can do time to play players with an eye on 2023 and beyond.
Toby has done two knees. I suspect this week is his last week in the 2s.

Hannan is not necessarily playing down back though - the Cleary selection would make sense if it was certain that’s where he was starting.

Regardless, I imagine next week we will likely have Hannan, Bedendo or Scott make way for Bailey Smith and McLean anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back