Preview Changes: R17 vs Hawthorn @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

All week the message has been how well the young mids went against the best midfield in the league, were only 5 points down in the last quarter, showed some really good signs, and no one should worry.

We were that good, that we're changing up the midfield dynamic totally, against a worse team.
What Roo wants Roo gets. He was spruiking Browns inclusion on the telecast last week and when he got injured he likely turned his attention to Crouch.

it's just boring, same old selection. we wont make finals and we wont win the spoon. why are we bothering with crouch when he's probably out the door next season? why not give newchurch a block of games and see how he goes in the seniors? give people something different to be interested in
As I've said, the club continues with the habit of going back to what's failed in the past. We overreacted after the Saints game where accuracy was literally the difference, but the selectors blamed it on lack of experience and brought back Crouch. We pushed the then top of the table team last week but, again, back to Crouch we go for whatever reason. It's been proven multiple times this year that Crouch, Laird and Keays cannot work in the same midfield yet we keep going back there.

Even Himmelberg is in the emergencies ahead of McAsey. It makes no sense, Himmelberg will be delisted at season's end whereas McAsey is at least starting to show some signs as a foward. In the very least, he should be making the emergencies and there's no reason he shouldn't be.

Last week was the game Newchurch needed to come in to, you know, reward SANFL form like we've done with Crouch but, again, we went with a proven failed small forward in Murphy (Murphy's two goals were even given to him by Newchurch).

Incredibly:
--- Crouch back, to hinder Berry & Schoenberg's development
--- Murphy dropped; his experience vital last week, not so much this week
--- McHenry back, and why? His precision footpassing, or goalkicking?

Me, my mates and BF:
1657272973813.gif

"Defensive pressure is when I handball backwards to a team mate with two opponents on him, and he handballs back to me. For me to handball again. I get two stats that way and 100% efficiency"

- Matt Crouch

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its a shame he could not be like Dane Swan. He would start from stationary with a handball, then run, get it back, farm it off again while on the move through traffic then get it back and spot up a player with a kick. He was a dynamic player that used handball to generate run

Rahilly tonight mentioned about Soligo playing hf lately and that would only get worse on the weekend you’d think.
Soligo has recently been spending quite a bit of time as a high half forward. Scorpio said he would be playing deep forward.

My bet was midfield vs deep forward. High half forward (half forward flank in the old money) doesn’t count towards either tally.

I think he will play a combination of wing and half forward with an occasional spurt as an inside mid. If he replaces McAdam then Scorpio is correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might actually be tanking for once

Come on, you know we’re not. They couldn’t withstand the media onslaught of asking what more crouch needs to do. This is an entirely unsurprising selection. It fits perfectly with selection philosophy over the last 15 years. It’s in our DNA, we’re a piss-weak footy club.

Death warrant signed...bye bye Nicks, going for the win (in his mind, at all costs)

Did he really think it was worth blowing Newchurch’s run of good form to select a poor performing Murphy for a single game in a contest he must’ve known we’d lose anyway? Seriously, he must be a hell of a nice guy, because he’s obviously rocking a low 90s IQ. The Ken/Leon coaching factory, this peanut will be the first and last.

More criminally it continues to delay our rebuild.
Yep

We've somehow managed to harm ourselves both in the short and long term

Usually clubs prioritise one at the expense of the other. We've solved that dilemma.

What defensive attributes does Crouch have?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What he’s trying to have us believe is that Ctouch getting it 35 times is the best form of defence. Reality is that we’ll still turn the ball over around half forward and until there’s a new stoppage, Crouch is a bystander.

The AFL product as a whole already makes watching football outside of the Crows a chore.

This selection though, * me. Matthew Slow as a wet week Crouch.

Argh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back