Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh Nick, you're SO inspirational - who but you could think of a never-before-considered motivational line like "You're the number 1 pick, now go out and prove it."

A masterclass of sports psychology, and of course, you've got such a depth of success in the field. Like the time you stood on the goal line in a Grand Final replay, and waited just long enough for someone who spoke less, but did more, to fling themselves across your boot to save a certain goal, and condemn your side to inevitable defeat.

Such an inspiration. Thank you.

Put Hornet in that Collingwood team and he'd be the best 19 year old in the country. Whilst Nick has chip scabbed possessions off HB, Jason has racked up clearances and contested possessions playing on the best talent in the comp.

Daicos will be a good player, but put the ball on the deck 20m away from both of them and Hornet wins 9/10 imo

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have you seen daicos play or just making assumptions?
Kid had 35 on the weekend and majority weren't just cheepies off the hb line.

Have you seen daicos play or just making assumptions?
Kid had 35 on the weekend and majority weren't just cheepies off the hb line.
Yeah I really don’t get the hate for Daicos. Kid is a jet with the ball, he’s also only 18-19 and not a massive frame. Plays beautifully to his strengths IMO.

Had stuff going on so was only able to sit and watch for maybe one and a half quarters, seemed like he didn't have any accountability and was just given license to float around. That sound about right? I didn't like seeing him walk/jog without intent across the ground at times, but if he was just allowed to enjoy his footy with no pressure on him and then he racked up the most disposals for us on the ground then probably fair to say it was a good call and did him a world of good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont wanna be that guy but… if we played JHF we potentially win.
If JHF plays in the AFL instead of the VFL, maybe (certainly) he doesn’t play the way he was allowed to play over the road.

I don't mind it too much, looking at the long term, getting some confidence in the VFL after a couple of weeks out then taking that into the AFl when he gets selected (should be next week based on the performance he put in) could prove good management overall. Just as long as this is consistent for other players too...

Pagan made him captain, never played reserves under him.

On SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can't find the stats for reserves games, but this is right now that I have had a look. But I did see that Carey only played 4 senior games in his first year of playing seniors, so I am not sure what the selection committee were thinking at the time ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back