DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars

Yeah that looked insane, and although he originally walked away from the crash, turns out David Schumacher (Ralf's son) actually had broken his back. Doesn't sound like a "bad" break though (I know how weird that sounds when talking about a broken back haha), no surgery required and 6-8 weeks rest to heal up

Yeah that looked insane, and although he originally walked away from the crash, turns out David Schumacher (Ralf's son) actually had broken his back. Doesn't sound like a "bad" break though (I know how weird that sounds when talking about a broken back haha), no surgery required and 6-8 weeks rest to heal up

Not to me

Broke my back ( lowest vertebrae ) when i was 14 and i can still function ( granted with lifting and standing restrictions )

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Lucky the stands weren’t full.
Alexandre Areia crashed over the barriers and flipped into the grandstands during practice for Porsche Sprint Challenge at Portimão today.

Driver was ok.
E68374AA-96EE-487F-8EA6-7C8841664CF9.jpeg
3B2DF6A0-AD67-4C51-8C59-F8C0944873FF.jpeg
2D0C248C-4C58-480B-91CC-E29373288CCA.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nee
Carson very lucky with this crash and then fire.

Needs more Benny Hill music.
That rescue response was amateur hour.
From the inability to extinguish the fire, even to the extent of one Marshall hopping away with leg on fire only to return and push someone into the fire, to the efforts to douse it actually spreading it.
Then when finally they extract the driver, no effort at all to put him in any type of recovery position in case of possible neck injuries that could lead to paralysis if moved incorrectly.
And why not make him climb a rise to get to the ambulance instead of bringing the ambulance to him?
Lucky, lucky man.

Back